-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Dzhokhar Tsarnaev‬ sentenced to death for Boston Marathon bombing
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev‬ sentenced to death for Boston Marathon bombing  (Read 13172 times)
KDS
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »

A friend of mine and I were discussing this issue in Baltimore and I brought up the "why are they destroying their own city" point. He put it simply (paraphrasing) "they don't own much of anything in the city and aren't given much of an opportunity to better themselves anyway, so they have nothing to lose." This brings up an interesting point. No, I don't think black people are lawless (despite grumblings from some of my libertarian friends) but in the more liberal parts of the country they're used, exploited, and otherwise cajoled for political gain. Luckily, more and more people of all walks of life are waking up to the progressive liberal race-baiting propaganda machine and they can understand it's not "black vs. white" but rather "us vs. them." White people are not keeping black people down; the state is.

And as much as many might hate to admit it, this country edges further and further towards being a totalitarian police state. The government has power unlike any it has wielded before, police in many areas are (legitimately) out of control, and we have a populace more worried about people defacing flags than people being brutalized by the same government they want to punish people for defacing their precious flags. The American people have some soul-searching to do. Eight years of compassionate conservatism divided the country. Eight years of hope and change drove a wedge. Of course, I have little faith in the feels-based thinking of the American voter, which is probably why we'll be stuck with eight years of "what difference does it make?"

I'm just curious, where is the Police out of control?

George Zimmerman?  He was acting in self defense when he killed Travon Martin.

Ferguson?  Michael Brown was a criminal who accosted Officer Darren Wilson, and Wilson acted accordingly.  Now, they actually put up a memorial for Michael Brown.  Obama sends him staff to the funerals for these criminals cut down by honest cops, but not the honest cops cut down by criminals. 

Baltimore?  First of all, with his record, Freddie Gray never should have been on the streets to be arrested last month.  Most reports are suggesting that these police officers have done nothing wrong, and Baltimore will burn again at some point.  Especially if the so-called mayor (who was only put in office because the previous mayor was misusing gift cards) gives the order for police to stand down again rather than nip the unrest in the bud before more property is destroyed, and local businesses lose more control due to another curfew. 
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2015, 07:58:05 AM »

For the record I did not say all police are out of control. I agree with all of your assessments although I don't think the police are 100% innocent in the Freddie Gray case. I still think there's something we're not being told. I do agree that the police in the Freddie Gray case are being overcharged to cull the angry mob.

Most every major city in the country has some kind of police corruption. The more liberal the city, the more corrupt the police.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
KDS
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2015, 08:22:35 AM »

I don't deny the existence of corruption.

But, I've known police officers.  And I'd be willing to bet that 99% of them are on the level.  These are men and women who put their lives on the line each and every day in dangerous parts of the city.  They're in areas where the residents wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire because they're taught that the police are the enemy.  The police are only the enemy if you break the law.  Now, the residents in the troubled areas are saying that a lack of police presence has lead to a spike in violent crime.  Last month, they complained about too much police presence.  You get what you ask for. 

And, at least in Baltimore, the police are getting zero support from the local or federal government.  The police in Baltimore were given orders to stand down.  Their professionalism was amazing when they were being pelted with rocks and bricks.  And now Obama wants police to not use riot gear in the event of a riot. 

If the liberals in Baltimore actually let the police do their jobs, the riots would've been stopped as soon as people began stopping traffic the Saturday of Freddie Gray's funeral. 

The trouble starts at the top.  The men and women in blue are not the problem. 

Is the liberal government holding some of these people back?  To a certain degree, yes.  But, you have to take responsibility for your actions.  At some point, these people in the community need to stand up and say, "these hand outs aren't working.  We need to vote in better people.  We need to rise up, stop killing each other, and try to make better lives for ourselves and our children."
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2015, 05:26:57 AM »

I don't deny the existence of corruption.

But, I've known police officers.  And I'd be willing to bet that 99% of them are on the level.  These are men and women who put their lives on the line each and every day in dangerous parts of the city.  They're in areas where the residents wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire because they're taught that the police are the enemy.  The police are only the enemy if you break the law.  Now, the residents in the troubled areas are saying that a lack of police presence has lead to a spike in violent crime.  Last month, they complained about too much police presence.  You get what you ask for. 

And, at least in Baltimore, the police are getting zero support from the local or federal government.  The police in Baltimore were given orders to stand down.  Their professionalism was amazing when they were being pelted with rocks and bricks.  And now Obama wants police to not use riot gear in the event of a riot. 

If the liberals in Baltimore actually let the police do their jobs, the riots would've been stopped as soon as people began stopping traffic the Saturday of Freddie Gray's funeral. 

The trouble starts at the top.  The men and women in blue are not the problem. 

Is the liberal government holding some of these people back?  To a certain degree, yes.  But, you have to take responsibility for your actions.  At some point, these people in the community need to stand up and say, "these hand outs aren't working.  We need to vote in better people.  We need to rise up, stop killing each other, and try to make better lives for ourselves and our children."

No riot equipment.  Stand down.  That DA and mayor are tying the hands of law enforcement. This is disgraceful. And, a manufactured diversion from the war in the Middle East, complete with Occupy organizers.  They are using the citizens of Baltimore.

Body cams will solve a lot of this. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: