gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 01:02:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Mike has been stockpiling his songs...  (Read 11363 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 10:32:02 AM »

Almost every song from First Love that hasn't been released and/or re-recorded and released is bloody brilliant: Lovely Leila, Viggie, Trisha, Glow Crescent Glow, I Don't Want To Know.

Actually, "I Don't Wanna Know" was re-recorded and featured on Celebration's self-titled album. It didn't however, feature Mike on lead. It was also re-recorded with Christian Love on lead and leaked along with a bunch of Mike Love recordings around 2004. Who knows whether the recording with Christian on lead was to be released under Mike's name or not.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 10:54:34 AM »

Almost every song from First Love that hasn't been released and/or re-recorded and released is bloody brilliant: Lovely Leila, Viggie, Trisha, Glow Crescent Glow, I Don't Want To Know.

Actually, "I Don't Wanna Know" was re-recorded and featured on Celebration's self-titled album. It didn't however, feature Mike on lead. It was also re-recorded with Christian Love on lead and leaked along with a bunch of Mike Love recordings around 2004. Who knows whether the recording with Christian on lead was to be released under Mike's name or not.

I believe " I Don't Wanna Know" was acually recorded by Celebration BEFORE Mike recorded it for First Love

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2015, 12:05:15 PM »

Would he be willing to do that?  Wait for years to finally realize a solo effort and turn the spotlight over to other people?  Is that Mike Love? Huh

It would seem so.

Unleash the Love featured other vocalists on Too Cruel, I Don`t Wanna Know, Love Foundation and Only One Earth.

And Looking Back with Love back in the day had Joanie Sommers as a guest.

The real question is can Mike resist using his last name as a pun on a future album, either as a title or a song? I'm gonna go ahead... and say that urge will prove to be irresistible.

Would making a pun on his first name acceptable ?  Grin

Pass the Mike?
Adjust the Mike?
Is This Mike On?

For the Love of Mike.

Please delete my account
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2015, 12:10:55 PM »

Mike Love Not War. Stick to what has the most pun value.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2015, 12:28:48 PM »

Love is a rock, but the radio rolled me

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2015, 01:30:46 PM »

Love it like that

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2015, 12:18:44 PM »

I'm still waiting for his followup to SIP, Masterpiece. It was going to be Mike's Pet Sounds. If the original tapes are gone, maybe he can re-record the album as Mike Love Presents Masterpiece.
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »

As I'm typing this, I'm listening to "Wrinkles" for the very first time.  Just found it on the internet.  Don't you envy me, wishing you could hear it for the first time all over again?
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 11:30:21 AM »

No. I envy those that still have not heard it.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2015, 10:05:46 AM »

I'm still waiting for his followup to SIP, Masterpiece. It was going to be Mike's Pet Sounds. If the original tapes are gone, maybe he can re-record the album as Mike Love Presents Masterpiece.

Was that ever even recorded? Was it even written? Id absolutely love to hear it, just for curiosity's sake

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2015, 10:54:49 AM »

Was that ever even recorded? Was it even written? Id absolutely love to hear it, just for curiosity's sake

Was Masterpiece supposed to be more of a group effort (with Brian possibly), or another Love/Melcher affair? Unless I'm mistaken, I think I recall seeing a video of Mike mentioning Masterpiece on Regis and Kathy Lee while sitting on a couch (possibly on the same clip where Bruce plays Kokomo at a piano, if memory serves).
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2015, 11:25:42 AM »

Was Masterpiece supposed to be more of a group effort (with Brian possibly), or another Love/Melcher affair? Unless I'm mistaken, I think I recall seeing a video of Mike mentioning Masterpiece on Regis and Kathy Lee while sitting on a couch (possibly on the same clip where Bruce plays Kokomo at a piano, if memory serves).

Here are two appearances by Mike (one with Bruce) on the show. I haven't watched them through so I don't know if the "Masterpiece" is mentioned here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LABEM-2s75Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-2XnzaX-5o

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2015, 02:49:50 PM »

Here are two appearances by Mike (one with Bruce) on the show. I haven't watched them through so I don't know if the "Masterpiece" is mentioned here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-2XnzaX-5o

I need to watch those through again to see if "Masterpiece" is mentioning, hopefully I'm not misremembering. I did come across 2 interesting pieces of info though...

At 15:57, in 1993, Mike says an upcoming studio project will be called “Unplugged in Paradise”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxoUgO5NIq8

At 4:06, when promoting SIP, Bruce refers to “Forever” as a bonus track, implying that it’s not artistically considered part of the proper album (I was unaware of that)

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2015, 03:15:39 PM »

No. I envy those that still have not heard it.

I'll see your envy and raise you an "amen, brother".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2015, 07:06:57 PM »

Mike could do a solo lp that would sell some.   he could have co-writers and assemble a crack team of backing vocalists and musicians as Brian has done.     But he doesn't have that legendary Brian Wilson thing going for him.   He could do a Ringo thing if enough people knew who he was.   tough spot to be in for the lead singer of one of the legendary bands of all time.
I'm sure this is his bear to cross.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2015, 07:20:08 PM »

Mike could do a solo lp that would sell some.   he could have co-writers and assemble a crack team of backing vocalists and musicians as Brian has done.     But he doesn't have that legendary Brian Wilson thing going for him.   He could do a Ringo thing if enough people knew who he was.   tough spot to be in for the lead singer of one of the legendary bands of all time.

Quoting you to keep that mistake in the last line.

Honestly, he would be more respected in musical circles if he just worked on how he comes off but its obviously too late now. He thinks of himself as the McCartney to Brian's Lennon but he's not musically talented enough to have that kind of respect. And yet he demands it, while also putting down whoever he pleases without a care for tact which is why he cant pull of the Ringo either.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2015, 07:34:31 PM »

Quoting you to keep that mistake in the last line.

Honestly, he would be more respected in musical circles if he just worked on how he comes off but its obviously too late now. He thinks of himself as the McCartney to Brian's Lennon but he's not musically talented enough to have that kind of respect. And yet he demands it, while also putting down whoever he pleases without a care for tact which is why he cant pull of the Ringo either.
too late now is probably correct.   and he has not been warm and fuzzy like Ringo.    But I think Macca has been a bit easier on his band mates legacy.    and Macca is a talented musician .........in truth, I don't knownWTF Mike has on his mind.    He seems quite defensive about his legacy and releases a lot of  WTF material over the years.    He could have done better but I think he went for the touring bucks instead of focusing on realizing his musical legacy.   Maybe his legacy IS keeping the touring band alive and making a living.    Not a horrible thing,   But just own up to it.     could get some honest respect for that
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx