gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 04:35:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When were The Beach Boys at their live performance peak?  (Read 7057 times)
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2015, 06:15:45 PM »

Probably would have been Carl, Dennis, Michael, and Al only.

That's what I'm thinking but am not sure. I think Denny was sitting stage front on the speakers between shows waiting for the green light after the rain. I remember thinking the guy on the speakers looked like the guy named Dennis Wilson on the back of the In Concert album. Blondie and Rickey would not have been there correct?
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »

Dennis was awesome, and very much "in charge" in this video.  Love the POB plug from Carl...and YASB...would love to see that in the setlist.  Or even the "Rhonda" (or one of the other's) in the setlists. They are just fiery and golden moments for Dennis.  Wink

Yeah, it's good to see. But there are other things behind the energy. He's enjoying himself, but if you look at his face it's obvious he's already begun his downward spiral. Damn sad.
Mikie - my video quality was not good but Dennis was dressed in an outfit similar to the POB cover. Looked like cotton voile, dress shirt with white slacks.  He looked neat, all put together. 

We know Carl was high or drunk. My mother used to say that if you "can't say something nice, say nothing."  I've read where he had an addiction problem that he resolved.   Bravo to him.   But he sang his butt off (Carl) whether he was impaired or not. 

And I didn't notice Dennis looking badly.  And better and more confident than ever.   I was impressed that Dennis was at the top of his game, with a new solo album.

And C50 would be a good peak performance...

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx