gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 02:56:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, how tall are these people?  (Read 16440 times)
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2015, 06:00:16 AM »

Hmm, at first glance I thought the second guy was Glen Campbell...

Lee
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2015, 06:05:30 AM »

I've heard that unsolicited views up noses is an unpleasant affliction of short people ...

At least your graphics are clear.  I thought this guy  Cool Guy was throwing fireworks and this guy  Afro was standing at the mouth of a cave.

Yeah, when I walk around, I generally keep my head down.  Pun intended.   LOL

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2015, 09:40:30 AM »

I know you're looking for hard stats, but there are many photographs of B. Wilson and Marilyn R-W-R standing straight and right next to each other. The top of her head aligns consistently with his chin. Most pictures of her and her sister Diane are a little more slouchy, but I'd guess Diane is an inch taller than Marilyn.

I agree with some posters that B.W. is a bit more than 6'2" though that is the official number out there.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 07:30:29 AM »

Was in the middle of working on Al's run cycle (after finishing Dennis and Mike) when my tablet pc's ac adapter made a crackling sound and started smelling horrid.  Since the battery was already a POS when I got it, I literally (and I do mean literally) had just enough time to save my progress before turning the tablet pc off.  Luckily I've got enough to get the third cheapest adapter on Amazon (the first two have low rating)... but my gawd I just can't have this thing working for more than a few days at a time, can I?   Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall

Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2016, 12:01:13 PM »

I know I haven't been on the forums for a while.  The reason I haven't been is the exact same reason I haven't hit the point of actually animating yet... real life happened.  Oh, so much to mention!  But you guys don't want to hear me "Wah wah wah!"

So without further ado...

THE LADIES!

Brian and Al are in there purely for size comparison.  That's why they're set at 50%.  The ladies from left to right are (not that you can't tell the Honeys apart, but one never knows): Diane, Marilyn, Ginger, and... Bheue, the space alien who's out to steal the boys' muse because the Greeks didn't make an art muse.

I drew Marilyn first, based on this picture so I could draw her eyebrows even with his colarbone.  That's the best I can do for her height since either the internet is not obsessed with her, or she's protective of information about her.  For Diane and Ginger, I just took Marilyn and sized her up and down respectively, hence the identical brush marks.

THIS served as a guide to size... I kid you not.  Basically, I just guessed from that cover that Diane's a bit taller and Ginger is a bit shorter.  Hooray for guesswork!  Oh, and fun fact: since I drew Marilyn first, I tried making her mouth a bit more neutral like most of the boys, but she absolutely refused to look remotely like the real Marilyn.  So then I drew a smile, and suddenly she's Marilyn!  Which I guess just goes to show that Marilyn's smile is magical.

Yeah, I know Bheue's clothes look really complex next to everyone else.  I Googled Retro sci-fi outfits and that (in silver) was one of results.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2016, 01:17:40 PM »

I love Scooby-Doo and I love the Beach Boys. I'd really love to see such an episode. Cool work!

Just to add another Brian cartoon version, from Duck Dodgers:

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2016, 01:59:48 PM »

Al is shorter than the shortest girl? It must be a joke.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2016, 09:22:41 PM »

Al is shorter than the shortest girl? It must be a joke.

I do have some mild jokes about Al's height, but this isn't one of them.  That's why I explained my method of guessing their heights.  Bheue is 5'2", which is coincidentally the world wide female height average, and NOT coincidentally my height.  The average for American females starts at 5'4" and goes up from there.  I drew Al at his IMDb listed height of 5'5", although some of the people in this thread seem to think that's actually being generous.  Marilyn was drawn about 5'8" (also Bruce's height), though as I explained above, I was really matching her eyebrows to Brian's colarbones and was not regarding the scale.  That's not really THAT unheard of height for a woman.  Diane is drawn two inches taller (5'10", which is also Carl's listed height), and Ginger was drawn an inch shorter (5'7").  I would still love hard data about how tall they are, but my guessing isn't unreasonable, I think.  It means they'll look Carl, Dennis, and Bruce in the eye, which is perfectly fine for a cartoon.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2016, 10:39:42 PM »

Al might be short *now*, due to age. But Marilyn's shorter,she doesn't look 5'8".
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 10:53:02 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2016, 07:45:33 AM »

Al might be short *now*, due to age. But Marilyn's shorter,she doesn't look 5'8".

The number doesn't look right to me, either, but I'm just matching body parts.  And it really can't be all THAT tall since the media is always going on about how short Tom Cruise is, and he's 5'7"... which doesn't sound short to ME at all!

HeroesandVillains
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2016, 03:10:12 AM »

I think Bheue's leader should be Van Dyke Parks. Murray play the hot headed mechanic at Beach Boys HQ! And maybe Blondie and Ricky make some appearances?  Wink
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:15:06 AM by HeroesandVillains » Logged
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2016, 09:48:06 AM »

5'8" for Marilyn seems too tall. I always thought she was shorter. Look at this photo:
http://www.carlwilsonfoundation.org/walk00/pix/cwfcousins1.jpg

There could be sloping ground there, but she even looks shorter here:
http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/marilyn-rovell?excludenudity=true&family=editorial&mediatype=photography&phrase=marilyn%20rovell&sort=mostpopular

Next to Carnie, who I believe is 5'3" or so, she's a bit shorter. Taking into account that Carnie is wearing higher heels than Marilyn, and maybe Marilyn has shrunk a tiny bit, Marilyn is probably 5"4' or 5'5".
She doesn't appear to be dwarfed in photos of Brian, but she may very well have been wearing heels in those photos, which would give her a couple of inches at least.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »

That's what I said. Thanks for backing me up. Matching notwithstanding, we should stick to real heights & not make Al shorter than Marilyn. It's not respectful imo.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:13:26 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx