gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:42:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, how tall are these people?  (Read 16444 times)
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »

Give Bruce more muscle and I'm sold.
OllieBop
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 09:11:29 PM »

It's 5:10 am, I'm high as ever and you lot just made me cry tears of laughter. Thankyou.

When you're down in New York City and the sky turns grey, nearly froze, think of Californ-I-A...
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »

Why are they all touching each others dicks?

Strangely, Brian's the only one not getting fondled, and he seems happy about it!

Yeah, but Jan has his finger up Brian's arse (or as ass if you're across the pond).

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 11:07:03 PM »

Brian 6'2, mike 6', carl was 5'10, dennis was 5'9, bruce 5'8, al 5'4. That look right?
KDS
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 05:34:12 AM »

In this cartoon, would Brian be the leader who stays at home and gives the missions / mysteries to solve to Mike, Al, Carl, Dennis, and Bruce? 

At the end of each show, would the villain's mask be removed to show their true identify? 

"Let's see who the giant crow who uncovers the cornfield really is?"

"IT'S VAN DYKE PARKS"

I lol'd.

The current idea is that which band members are in the episodes would vary.  Brian would actually attempt to sneak away, usually being pulled back to the rest of the group by the scruff of his neck.  (Except one episode: I thought it'd be funny if Brian did sneak away and Mike would exclaim "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!"  Then Tommy Kirk, Annette Funicello, and Stanley walk by, and Tommy says, "No, I am.")  Al and David would play paper-rock-scissors to see who gets to be in the episode, or they'd replace each other half way through for no apparent reason.  That joke's moot if I can't find out how tall David is.

There would be a series long villian, an alien painter who is trying to steal the boys' muse because the ancient Greeks didn't make up a painting muse.  (Never mind that the Greeks also didn't make up a muse for music as we currently know it...)  The alien painter's paintings would come to life, but she'd sometimes paint some really strange stuff.  Like, instead of painting a get-away car... she'd paint a cardboard cutout of a car and run off carrying that.

That's pretty funny stuff. 

You could always have Phil Spector as a villain.  Or Paul McCartney. 

Paul: "Ha Ha Beach Boys, you think you just put out of the greatest album ever, huh?  I'm gonna go home and write Sgt Peppers."
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »

Here's what I can tell from the Beach Boys I've met:

Brian -- FREAKY tall. I'm 6'2" and I had to arch my head pretty far to make eye contact with him!

Al -- short. He's as tall standing as Brian is sitting.

Ricky -- maybe even taller than Brian.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2015, 07:57:33 AM »

Mike, that Last Supper idea is great. However it leaves quite the opening for some people here to put "guess who" in the sandals of Judas.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2015, 08:01:51 AM »

You might also want to depict them from various decades, that could be fun.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »

love the drawings! fun stuff

I think the issue with Jan is his hair, looks much more stylized (and "anime") than anyone else's. less realistic in comparison. I'm not sure why Jan is even included to be honest, but whatever.

apparently the idea for an animated Beach Boys TV show was actually floated in the 70s but never got past the concept stage. height was clearly not much of a consideration:

and here's some others' renditions:

keep up the good work Komera!

regarding the Last Supper idea, I feel like we've discussed that concept here before. other contenders for the Judas seat included Manson, Murry, and Landy.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2015, 09:47:10 AM »

Who the f*** was Jacob?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2015, 09:59:14 AM »

he's a guy who cut a version of SMiLE and added lyrics to Tune X and maybe a couple others. I think he did the drawing as well.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2015, 10:02:36 AM »

My Beach Boys toon claim to fame is at the link below:
http://www.sonic.net/~dsktracy/bbstuff/Buttons/pages/1986%20group%20drawing%20button.html
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2015, 10:08:43 AM »

Who is the guy between Brian and Mike? Jan Berry?

Thundarr The Barbarian with a haircut and some new clothes.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2015, 10:17:50 AM »

Looks like Mike is standing on his tip-toes to look as tall as Brian....  Cool Guy

I believe Jacob was the baptismal name of the man most know as "Zeppo" Wilson, though there are still some scholars who insist that his first name was Julius. (Not to be confused with Zeppo Marx, of course, whose birth name was Herbert.)
KDS
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 10:58:58 AM »

I think Jacob was one of the 18 guys who co-wrote Sail On Sailor. 

Never knew there was a proposed cartoon in the 70s.  What would Carl think about the fact that he's so pudgy in that picture, while holding a large ice cream cone, while Brian looks to be in terrific shape? 

I like the big sea monster nervously clutching his copy of Pet Sounds.  I guess music does soothe the savage beast.
Coda Hall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »

Can someone draw the Beach Boys in the same style as the Beatles in their cartoon?
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »

Never knew there was a proposed cartoon in the 70s.  What would Carl think about the fact that he's so pudgy in that picture, while holding a large ice cream cone, while Brian looks to be in terrific shape?  

each character had a quirky personality trait and like Shaggy, Carl always had the munchies. he's toting a picnic basket in the second pic. Brian was "Mr. Fix-it" with a permanent pair of headphones. Dennis was a karate master (and bassist). Mike the cowboy. and Al was apparently 8 feet tall and funky as hell. the monkey is a nice touch and predates BJ and the Bear by several years i believe.

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2015, 01:42:57 PM »

Who the f*** was Jacob?

Jake Foutz?

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »

I don't think I could successfully suspend disbelief if I was watching a Beach Boys cartoon with them looking like... that.  ^_^'   Grin

each character had a quirky personality trait and like Shaggy, Carl always had the munchies. he's toting a picnic basket in the second pic. Brian was "Mr. Fix-it" with a permanent pair of headphones. Dennis was a karate master (and bassist). Mike the cowboy. and Al was apparently 8 feet tall and funky as hell. the monkey is a nice touch and predates BJ and the Bear by several years i believe.

Al needs to lay off the Miracle Grow!  LOL

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

Can someone draw the Beach Boys in the same style as the Beatles in their cartoon?

I thought the winning video of that contest was kinda similar, not in their clothing but in visual style.  Made me wish they had something like that made back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptxwWt2JeGQ

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 04:29:37 PM »

Since everybody was talking about Jan Berry's resemblance to an anime character...

(funnily enough, the character's name is Jean.)

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 09:40:57 PM »

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Oh, hush!  It's my topic!  I can reply to it if I wish!

Got my tablet PC working again!  Hooray!  So I started on run cycles, but scrapped them after half an hour after realizing that I just couldn't QUITE make out everything in the downloaded Muybridge sheets.  Drat, and I was hoping I wouldn't have to actually pull out the Muybridge books.  My toddler loves flipping pages.

So I went back and continued filling out the height and clothing psd (that's what the first picture in this thread is from... it's a height and (eventually) 13 different clothing reference, not supposed to be a fan picture), and I have come to realize that Bruce in the 60s seems to either be allergic or mortally afraid of color photographs.

bonnie bella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 09:56:29 PM »

Hey there, this topic really made me laugh, so I'm glad you revived it.  (I'm new and just snooping around, btw.)

So Al has an unusually big head?  Why did he get a tiny one? 

I like the take-flight stance, and casual groping, it's all in the name of art.  Smiley

Brian looks taller than 6'2.  Reminds me of the clip where Dick Clark said Brian must be the boss because he is the tallest, and Mike looked affronted.  Grin

Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2015, 11:00:40 PM »

Hey there, this topic really made me laugh, so I'm glad you revived it.  (I'm new and just snooping around, btw.)

So Al has an unusually big head?  Why did he get a tiny one? 

I like the take-flight stance, and casual groping, it's all in the name of art.  Smiley

Brian looks taller than 6'2.  Reminds me of the clip where Dick Clark said Brian must be the boss because he is the tallest, and Mike looked affronted.  Grin

It's true!  Al has the head of someone a full foot taller than him!  However... the proportion chart I was using doesn't.  But that's okay, I know exactly what it's like to be a short person with a big head (in retrospect, that just sounds wrong).  I'm of a height that'd make even Al look tall, and back in high school band it was natural that I was handed a small hat.  Except the hat didn't fit.  And neither did the medium hat.  But the large one did!

IMDb is where I got the heights of almost everyone that I have heights for.  Bruce is the exception, I found his height on a site that listed it in centimeters; I had to throw the number into an online cm to inch converter because I IZ AMERICUN AND DUNT THUNK IN METRIK!  The only site I've seen that thinks Brian is taller is TVTropes which simply generalizes him between 6'2" and 6'3".

bonnie bella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2015, 01:31:26 AM »

I've heard that unsolicited views up noses is an unpleasant affliction of short people ...

At least your graphics are clear.  I thought this guy  Cool Guy was throwing fireworks and this guy  Afro was standing at the mouth of a cave.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx