gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:00:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Brian touring Australia nationally?  (Read 2925 times)
The Trader
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:19:31 PM »

Well as we know, Brians doing the spleandour in the grass festival next month (which i wont be able to attend Embarrassed ),

but is there any word on a national tour of Australia, or have any other dates been announced around then?

They mentioned a national tour on Triple J a few weeks ago, and i would be crushed if that wasjust a lie!
The Trader
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 11:21:27 PM »

any other australians around this area?
Rerun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 12:55:32 AM »

I'm close -- Michigan.  Have a g'day!

"Today, in our increasingly secular world, loving one another doesn't just mean "loving."  It means being forced to accept as normal those behaviors and lifestyles that are absolutely abnormal.  It's not enough to live and let live.  You must chant their mantra as well; you must repent, renounce your own values, and pronounce those of the radical left as superior and adopt them."
RickD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 06:05:16 PM »

doesn't look like any other dates - I think there was talk of a Sydney show but that doesn't look like happening. Very strange arrangement!!

Hardly your normal BW event -

http://www.splendourinthegrass.com.au/

looking forward to this bit -

THE HEALING ELEMENT will also offer a wide range of healing therapies, from Byron and beyond, including; kinesiology, naturopathy, reflexology, tarot & psychic readings, chakra clearing, massage, reiki, crystal & shamanic healing, Hawaiian massage, astrology and more.
RickD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 06:07:19 PM »

and another bit might be interesting -

The TENT OF MIRACLES crew return with their The Church of Two Hands and a Chicken. For the uninitiated, they are a carnival of freaks that will perform a host of rituals including same-sex weddings, divorces, exorcisms, faith healings, whippings and other stuff.

could be the spot for the Beach Boys Reunion!!
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 10:50:10 AM »

I'm close -- Michigan.  Have a g'day!

Nice.  I'm a little closer, California, but I consider myself Australian in spirit.  It is the country that may or may not have had "fun fun fun" conceived within it's formidable borders, after all.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:36:34 AM »

I thought "Fun Fun Fun" was written in Salt Lake City..

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 11:38:12 AM »

It's an ongoing debate.  Go Wallabies!
Artie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 12:18:15 PM »

The "debate" was memorialized in the brief film that played before Brian's shows in the summer of '99...I remember Brian and Mike together, must have been taped in maybe '97 or '98 - and Brian says Fun Fun Fun was written in Australia, and Mike says "No, we wrote that in Salt Lake" - then Brian says "No Mike, I think your mind is getting senile!" - which drew great laughter and applause from those of us in the Calvin Theater...
Jeff Mason
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 12:24:22 PM »

It's from Nashville Sounds.
The Trader
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 05:35:10 PM »

The "debate" was memorialized in the brief film that played before Brian's shows in the summer of '99...I remember Brian and Mike together, must have been taped in maybe '97 or '98 - and Brian says Fun Fun Fun was written in Australia, and Mike says "No, we wrote that in Salt Lake" - then Brian says "No Mike, I think your mind is getting senile!" - which drew great laughter and applause from those of us in the Calvin Theater...

Isnt that in endless harmony?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx