gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 04:22:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are there any pictures that exist of Carolyn Williams... and...  (Read 3983 times)
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:36:20 AM »

also, any photos of Jerry Schilling with the Beach Bos/

Thanks in advance.

The things she does to me when she makes love to me...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:49:34 PM »

Also...any actual info on Carolyn Williams? I know VERY little about her or that time in Brian's life.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 12:01:02 AM »

Well the info I mostly have on her is from Brians crap autobiography. The Gaines book is a little more reliable but as far as I know she has never been interviewed. I bet she has an interesting story
runalot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 01:27:23 AM »

Heck, she had some kids running around the house, too...

Damn, that would make a good movie!

They probably paid her to keep her mouth shut.

The things she does to me when she makes love to me...
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 06:39:22 AM »

And any pictures of the sandbox?
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 07:25:11 AM »

I think this was mock picture taken in the '70s...

[attachment deleted by admin]

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 07:44:27 AM »

He looks very Bee-Geesy in that picture.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:50:12 AM »

Wasn't that picture taken from the set of Saturday Night Live in 1976?
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 08:34:54 AM »

Wasn't that picture taken from the set of Saturday Night Live in 1976?

Could well be? I know it's not of the SMiLE era but he's definitely in a sandbox, checkout the beach balls and Tonka truck!

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 09:50:21 AM »

Yeah, that's SNL. Not the real sandbox. Real sandbox never seen by human eyes.
MBE
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 10:36:59 AM »

I forgot to mention Shilling can be seen with the whole group on Good Morning America and I know when Carl died, ESQ had a picture of Jerry and him together.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 01:24:27 PM »

That interview was weird....bad vibes. Dennis is a wreck.
MBE
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 05:38:45 PM »

Call me insensitive but I find that interview so bad its funny. I am very sad Brian and Dennis got into that shape, but they did it to themselves. That show is the one time I really understand why Love had so many problems with Dennis and Brian's drug use. This doesn't mean I side with his artistic judgement, but his quote about a chain being only as strong as its weakest link makes sense here. That being said I want to again stress that I love Brian and Dennis and feel bad how it turned out but I admit to having a slightly un P.C. sense of humor.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 06:22:01 AM »

Call me insensitive but I find that interview so bad its funny. I am very sad Brian and Dennis got into that shape, but they did it to themselves. That show is the one time I really understand why Love had so many problems with Dennis and Brian's drug use. This doesn't mean I side with his artistic judgement, but his quote about a chain being only as strong as its weakest link makes sense here. That being said I want to again stress that I love Brian and Dennis and feel bad how it turned out but I admit to having a slightly un P.C. sense of humor.

About which interview are we talking? Anybody could post it or tell us non-knowers what's in there?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
MBE
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 06:39:15 AM »

The Good Morning America interview. Dennis is trying to sleep during it and Brian keeps glaring at the camera and says funny things he seems not to be able to understand the humor in.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 07:04:23 AM »

The Good Morning America interview. Brian keeps glaring at the camera and says funny things he seems not to be able to understand the humor in.

That's an interesting take, because I think Brian knew exactly what he was saying, almost as if he was making fun of himself, or his legend.

The interviewer asks Brian who he listens to, and Brian says, "I listen to a record called "Be My Baby". Just the way he says "I listen to a RECORD" plays into that legendary Phil Spector obsession. As a matter of fact, Al makes some comment (paraphrasing) "and the legend continues", like Brian was intentionally playing into it.

You're right, Brian didn't laugh or show much expression, but then, he rarely laughs at himself or others' jokes in interviews anyway.

In 1980-81, Brian was balooning physically and probably near death, but there was something about his facial expressions, speaking voice (and IMO singing voice - I know I'm in the minority) that appeared more lucid than usual.

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 07:33:03 AM »

I think he has a sometimes dry sense of humour and says little things to be funny all the time.  When he was on Larry King, though, he was laughing like a madman.  He said he hears voices, then Larry asked him what he heard, and he said "right now?" and then started laughing like he was late on his meds or something, I dunno. Definately always an 'interesting' interview when it's Brian but never because of the questions being asked. 
MBE
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 03:18:47 PM »

The Good Morning America interview. Brian keeps glaring at the camera and says funny things he seems not to be able to understand the humor in.

That's an interesting take, because I think Brian knew exactly what he was saying, almost as if he was making fun of himself, or his legend.

In 1980-81, Brian was balooning physically and probably near death, but there was something about his facial expressions, speaking voice (and IMO singing voice - I know I'm in the minority) that appeared more lucid than usual.

Maybe so, your guess is as good as mine. Him looking so serious afterwards could be a put on. It's funny in either case.

He was sick by 81 for sure but the interviews I have heard from 81-2 are more lucid then he would be by the time he started his solo career in 88. I think the death of Dennis as well as Landy's pills took a lot of life out of him.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 03:21:14 PM by MBE » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx