gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680600 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:12:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis' Son Comments...  (Read 9324 times)
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2006, 10:32:42 AM »

Dennis' Wilson's son Carl B. Wilson said that he would love to perform with the band. Carl B. and his cousin Justyn, Carl Wilson's son, are part of the power-rock trio In Bloom. Carl B. told LAUNCH that he would love for him and Justyn to step into their fathers' shoes if the band reunites: ["One thing that I would hope would be possible -- which I don't think would be possible -- which would be them to get back together, Justyn could play guitar for his dad and I could play drums for my dad. I mean, something along those lines. So yeah, that would be something that I would love to do. If there was ever a time, I'd love to be able to do something like that."]

That would be the coolest, wouldn't it?  The next best thing to having Dennis & Carl there.

Craig
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:38:17 AM »

I'd love it. Put Carnie, Wendy, Matt and Adam along with Christian Love in there and we would have the new Beach Boys-generation.... Grin

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »

I'd love it. Put Carnie, Wendy, Matt and Adam along with Christian Love in there and we would have the new Beach Boys-generation.... Grin

Dead Horse
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 02:27:32 PM »

Dead Horse

I know, I know....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 04:30:33 PM »

What is this LAUNCH site and where can I access it? Or is it a site at all??
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 04:52:05 PM »

Sorry, but the children of the Beach Boys are not a substitute for the real thing. Why would I care if their kids are up on stage?

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
NimrodsSon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 07:51:56 PM »

Well, I don't think anyone is implying that they're a substitute, but I, too, agree that it would be very nice, and quite possibly the "next best thing."
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 08:22:57 PM »

I'd rather have Blondie and Ricky.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 08:43:41 PM »

Sorry, but the children of the Beach Boys are not a substitute for the real thing. Why would I care if their kids are up on stage?

You obviously wouldn't...but reasons others might:
(1)  Dennis and Carl can't be there and someone else has to take on their musical role, so it may as
well be their sons who happen to play the same instruments as their dads
(2)  I have a feeeling if Dennis and Carl could choose their successors at this point, it would be their
sons
(3)  It  gives them three Wilsons onstage again.

Craig
slickman9696
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 10:04:40 PM »

Man, I remember making a comment about this on the discussion about a beach boys reunion thread, and people blasted me. lol. No hard feelings, but hey, looks like I wasn't too far off the mark.
jabba2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 11:24:15 PM »

Its too bad Brian never had a son. His daughters are pretty talented though.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 12:28:02 AM »

If Carnie or Wendy can play bass, eh, why not? They can do the falsetto parts easily!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 01:53:57 AM »

Its too bad Brian never had a son. His daughters are pretty talented though.

Brian has adoptive son, Dylan. I'm sure Brian's talent will rub off on him for him to have a part in a Beach Boys 2025 World Tour!  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 01:55:30 AM by Zander » Logged

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 02:55:10 AM »

I think a question is: Can Carl B. and Justyn play their instruments good enough (since they normally play other kind of music) ?

- Jack Rieley
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 04:31:20 AM »

You know who DOES play bass?  Mike's son Christian...
If you add Matt Jardine on percussion, you've come close to resolving the issue of the backup band.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 04:57:26 AM »

Christian's on that "Cool head"-track, right? He has a great voice and at times sounds like Carl to me...

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 10:06:35 AM »

He sings lead on Everyone's In Love With You from Mike's yet-to-be-released album, and he does sound vaguely Carl-esque in that, too.

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 10:22:13 AM »

He sings lead on Everyone's In Love With You from Mike's yet-to-be-released album, and he does sound vaguely Carl-esque in that, too.

Hmmm?  Don't recall that...my memory tells me that one's all Mike (maybe with Christian on backup).
Chris DOES sing lead on a couple of others, including a GREAT song called "I Don't Want To Know" that originally appeared on the "Celebration" album in '79.  This one's similar in style to Bill Whither's "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone".  To me, it's one of Mike's best songwriting achievemets ever.

C
busy doin nothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 10:29:40 AM »

I'd rather have Blondie and Ricky.

Amen!  Not that I have anything against Carl's and Dennis's kids being part of the act (or Al's or Brian's or Mike's for that matter), but it still bugs me Ricky and Blondie get no mention in all of this reunion talk.

"Your rent bill is high, so you work to try and get by . . . "
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 11:16:58 AM »

I think Blondie has an ongoing gig with the Stones.  I think it would be no contest in terms of his interest -- more money in the Stones and probably more interesting on a personal level.  Plus, he's been with them longer.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 01:51:37 PM »

Quote from: Rocker
I think a question is: Can Carl B. and Justyn play their instruments good enough (since they normally play other kind of music) ?

I don't know if Justyn can play like his father, but he can play and uses one of his dad's axes. As for Carl B., he is one incredible drummer! He has a very powerful style of playing and really works out hard on the drums. However, he is even more like Dennis when you get him up to microphone. I watched him bring the house down at a CWF benefit show, singing "Forever." He's got a lot of his dad's passion and even does the hand over the ear thing -- it's rather eerie at times. (BTW, Wendy also does the hand over the ear thing when she sings.)

As for Christian Love, he does sound Carlesque at times, but I have to say his sister Hayleigh comes even closer. She has a wonderful voice, which is really very much her own and it has a lot of rich charactering like Carl's voice had.

And personally, I think Matt Jardine is a very talented performer in his own right. He has the richness of his dad's voice and he has a great diversity of singing styles and range.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 02:07:24 PM »

I can't imagine ever complaining about adding some Wilson-DNA-laden vocal chords to anything.  For people who say there has to be three Wilsons on stage to be a Beach Boys show, there you go. 
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 02:14:51 PM »

I lost my faith in the "Wilson genes pool" when I first heard Wilson Philips.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 02:26:27 PM »

Why? They have taste issues, but they sing marvelously.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 02:42:18 PM »

They sing like thousand others.

But to each their own. I just don't expect any Beach Boys' offspring to have anything musically worthwhile to offer just because of who their father is.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 02:43:53 PM by Dancing Bear » Logged

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx