gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:09:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 2689 times)
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2015, 12:23:50 AM »

Hello all. I'm new, obviously.  Grin

I haven't joined a message board in a long time... haha.
I've been a Beach Boys fan for most of my life—probably my first favorite band—starting with the radio and some compilations my dad would buy me. I've also had Pet Sounds, Smiley Smile, and Wild Honey in my possession for some time now but only fairly recently have I suddenly gained interest in things like the story behind SMiLE, the beauty of every instrument in Pet Sounds, and in general just becoming more and more obsessed with my favorite band Tongue.

(I'm also kinda curious about the demographics here... I feel like I'm a fairly young Beach Boys fan, i.e., halfway into college. Most of my peers aren't that into the Beach Boys...). At any rate, I hope to contribute to some interesting conversations here. I love talking about music at a deeper level, and I think that's something that's kinda been lost with my generation's preference for rave-like EDM...

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 12:34:43 AM »

Howdy undercover-m,

Get yourself over to the Stephen Desper thread to get the links to his Vimeo study guides, especially Recording the BBs part 1 (go to the end or near end, or treat yourself to reading the whole thread).

It will blow yer cotton socks off, and then some.

There are about 8 women, if that, who actively post here, btw. Happy posting - A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx