gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680883 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 11:45:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: California Inspires Me: Brian Wilson  (Read 3977 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2015, 02:43:28 PM »

Just posted yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yY9RmmXy2U

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 02:59:27 PM »

Wonderful find Billy. I don't think I've heard Brian speak more comfortably than in this video.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 03:18:19 PM »

Beautiful!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 03:19:54 PM »

I like the animation, too.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »

That was pretty cool.  I agree with Billy, the animation is great, especially Brian's shifty eyes...

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 04:35:54 PM »

Wonderful find Billy. I don't think I've heard Brian speak more comfortably than in this video.

Me neither.   I wonder when this interview was recorded?  Considering it was just a sound recording, makes you wonder if perhaps it was recorded at home or something where Brian is most comfortable?
orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 07:40:06 PM »

Beautiful, thank you Billy.
I just moved back to Los Angeles last month to soak up some of the inspiration Brian talks about. It really is an amazing city.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 08:18:16 PM »

Thanks for the link -- nicely done! 
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 08:38:44 PM »

Billy, you're a hero. The professor drove through La Jolla and San O this week, just listening to the BB every mile, hearing and feeling everything, just as you would imagine, in the sun and everything.  I wish BW would go to the beach more.

The professor hopes that B calls Mike up and decides to do the next album together.  I also hope that Penelope Cruz calls me and asks me to marry her, so. . . .
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 08:45:55 PM »

Brian's the man, and that video showed why.

JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 09:27:38 PM »

What is both ironic and amazing about this video is he's talking about California and the impression that a lot people have of California was cultivated by the man who is speaking about it in the video.  Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys breathed a new type of existence into California and shaped what it was to become or to mean to a whole lot of different people.  Time passes and things change obviously but it's hard to deny the truth in this matter and that is California is as much of a part of Brian Wilson as he is a part of it.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 09:44:09 PM »

Well put.

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 10:45:58 PM »

John that's brilliant.  Sounds like you  studied  the concept of the simulacrum. Boy you sure are right. I walk and drive and sing anywhere and everywhere in LA just to feel the BB/CA association. I feel it comprehensively everywhere--willfully or not.

What is both ironic and amazing about this video is he's talking about California and the impression that a lot people have of California was cultivated by the man who is speaking about it in the video.  Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys breathed a new type of existence into California and shaped what it was to become or to mean to a whole lot of different people.  Time passes and things change obviously but it's hard to deny the truth in this matter and that is California is as much of a part of Brian Wilson as he is a part of it.
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 05:41:54 AM »

Terrific, thanks. 

I'm gonna try listening to the early albums while driving round San Andreas, or maybe looking round LA on Google maps.  You don't really get that vibe here in London.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 10:08:49 AM »

Very true. Well put.

I'm gonna try listening to the early albums while driving round San Andreas, or maybe looking round LA on Google maps.  You don't really get that vibe here in London.

Haha. In case anyone doesn't know, Fire Wind is talking about a video game called "San Andreas," which features a scaled down recreation of Los Angeles that you can drive around in. Fire, if you can get a copy of the latest Grand Theft Auto V it has an even bigger and more realistic Los Angeles environment. Either way, have fun grabbing a tbird and cruising to the virtual hamburger stand now.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 10:29:02 AM »

On that note, it is INCREDIBLY surreal to spend the afternoon locked in traffic in a realistic Los Angeles environment and then go home, play GTA V with a VR headset for a realistic Los Angeles environment in popupbook-style 3D.

One thing sticks out as totally destroying their otherwise impeccably detailed simulation: the lack of hideous traffic and going absolutely nowhere for an hour.

Hopefully the next generation of devices will allow for a proper, soul-crushing LA gridlock experience.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 10:54:22 AM »

That was great! Loved the techniques...it made some of the more commonly rehashed facts (like Dennis was the surfer etc) more interesting than in the same old interview from Mike or Brian...I'd love to see more of these!
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »

That was great! Loved the techniques...it made some of the more commonly rehashed facts (like Dennis was the surfer etc) more interesting than in the same old interview from Mike or Brian...I'd love to see more of these!

There are several more on YouTube — from Jack Black, Mike Mills, Kim Gordon. Be interesting if Mike Love and Al Jardine did one.

Here's Jack Black's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paYg00Y4ggk
orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »

On that note, it is INCREDIBLY surreal to spend the afternoon locked in traffic in a realistic Los Angeles environment and then go home, play GTA V with a VR headset for a realistic Los Angeles environment in popupbook-style 3D.

Is GTA V compatible with VR? And do you have the equipment ontor?
BB related: What BB song do you think would work best in Grand Theft Auto? I Get Around for me.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx