gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:50:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Night Blooming Jasmine (backing track)  (Read 3560 times)
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2006, 07:27:39 PM »

Hey all, I recently heard "Night Blooming Jasmine" from the '88 album with extra tracks and decided to do a version of it. Basically it's pretty much the same, but tried to put my own twist on it.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2A706EDD52C450BC

Let me know what you think, might do another take of the song, but I'm pretty pleased with how the track came out. Haven't done a vox overdub just yet. If anyone wants to do the lead, feel free and let me know!

Thanks for listening,

OMP

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 07:08:30 PM »

This reminds me of "Smiley Smile" for the computer age.  Are you miking your keyboard rather than running it straight into your computer?  All it takes, for a quick ie cheap setup, is an instrument cable and a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.  Keep at it, OMP!
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 08:17:58 PM »

thanks man, much appreciated

I have just a plain microphone connected through my computer with an electronic piano and the microphone over the piano to record. I'll have to look into that instrument cable, thanks again!

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 08:21:43 PM »

Your scales with the bass notes were really nice, and no I cant find any comparison to animals here LOL

This is really good OMP,

But.....You need to get a decent recording programme for your comp. Pro tools LE (free) is good, and itlle give you loads of tracks  to record on and layer up. And add efects, reverb, EQ, Pitch corection, tempo chang etc   You may also want to get a mic pre, and thatlle really make a difference. Downoad pro tools le at www.digidesign.com

Your getting that hissing noise becuase your recording things too low a volume, you need to record things reall loud. That what mic pre does, it gets  the signal really loud.

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 09:13:44 PM »

Thanks a lot for the tips and comments Barry, much appreciated.

I went to digidesign.com, but I couldn't find where you can download Pro Tools LE for free? If you could let me know where to look or provide the link to where to download I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again!

BarryDavidThomson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 11:19:16 PM »

Try www.digidesign.com/ptfree

Its not the best programme, but its got like 8 tracks or so off real audio, and FX etc
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx