gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:47:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sea Of Tunes ( Murry Wilson)  (Read 2197 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2015, 09:15:16 PM »

I have 4 Questions about this

1 Why Did Murry Wilson Not have Respect for Brian and Carl and Dennis
2 Why Did Murry Steal from Brian
3 When Brian Wrote the Song Surf City and gave it to Jan and Dean why Did Murry Get Jealous of Jan and Dean
4 why did Murry become the Manager of the Beach Boys if he did not respect the song writers that Brian Had like Gary Usher and Roger Christian

I had a fast Life
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 10:26:44 PM »

1 - he was jealous of their musical/songwriter ability.

2 - when he sold Sea Of Tunes, he believed Brian's music was washed up. But forging Brian's signature on the forms wasn't a nice thing to so.

3 - because Brian gave away his first #1 hit single: to be fair, I wouldn't have been too pleased about that either !

4 - Murry pretty much appointed himself manager back in 1961.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
KDS
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 07:03:47 AM »

2 - when he sold Sea Of Tunes, he believed Brian's music was washed up. But forging Brian's signature on the forms wasn't a nice thing to so.

3 - because Brian gave away his first #1 hit single: to be fair, I wouldn't have been too pleased about that either !

You have to wonder how Murry feels about the fact that the current version of The Beach Boys includes Surf City in their setlist. 
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 07:16:25 AM »

You have to wonder how Murry feels about the fact that the current version of The Beach Boys includes Surf City in their setlist. 

You do?  The old bastard is too busy pushin' up the daisies to really give a proper poop.  Andrew pretty much nailed the answers there 'Surfer'.  Ny thoughts?

Murry thought that HE was the musical be-all and end-all in the Wilson household.  The boys could, at best, only learn at the feet of his masterful know-how.  Not an honest man...he spent most of his adult life lying to himself.  Maybe, considering the things Jan Berry taught Brian about using a recording studio...and how much Brian would put those lessons to work for the good of the Beach Boys, Surf City was payback...in advance.  Glad that Brian fired him.  What a weezil.  What a dirt-ball.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 05:43:16 PM »

I forgot about Mike Love.  I mean Murry Hated Mike Love Why

I had a fast Life
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 11:21:34 PM »

Tricky one. Certainly pre-BB, the Loves were the relations with the money, so that may have been a factor. Otherwise, I'm guessing Murry couldn't 'control' (I use the word very loosely) him as he did his sons.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 11:34:20 PM »

I forgot about Mike Love.  I mean Murry Hated Mike Love Why

He loved standing in a LONG line?

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 12:14:38 AM »

Also, Mike had a troubled relationship with his mother (Murry's sister) and that might have contributed.  That's just speculation though.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx