gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:35:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Mojo Beach Boys article thoughts  (Read 3328 times)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »

Currently reading this article, which has to be one of the best I have read in a general article. Usually, this kind of stuff is found in Beach Boys books. So the fact that this doesn't spend a lot of time with the basics of the surf/car days, and goes straight to the mid 60s and delves into more about the albums following is really cool! I just read that San Miguel was on Love You. Not on any Love You that I have owned. Has there ever been a version of it that includes San Miguel? Any other thoughts on this article or mistakes spotted?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:53:20 AM by Magic Transistor Radio » Logged

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »

Oh wait. It's just worded strangely. "Further out-takes such as Brian's Good Time and Dennis's San Miguel would turn up on 1977's Beach Boys Love You and 1981 Warner-era compilation Ten Years of Harmony"

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 01:09:15 PM »

Oh wait. It's just worded strangely. "Further out-takes such as Brian's Good Time and Dennis's San Miguel would turn up on 1977's Beach Boys Love You and 1981 Warner-era compilation Ten Years of Harmony"

Seems worded fine to me; it's obviously just in how you read it.
Best to delete this thread quick before anyone else notices...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 10:55:08 AM »

Seems worded fine to me; it's obviously just in how you read it.
Best to delete this thread quick before anyone else notices...

Nah! I just changed the title of the thread. I still want people's impressions of the article over all.

Peter Reum
Honored Guest

Serving fine tortillas since 1965

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 11:23:39 PM »

For general readers, Domenic did a nice job. For a long time fan, I seriously doubt if anything would be new.

If it runs amuck, call the duck
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 04:50:04 AM »

For general readers, Domenic did a nice job. For a long time fan, I seriously doubt if anything would be new.

Nothing new, but I don't have to wade through a long bit of basics to get to the good stuff. That's what I like about it. Focuses on the best of the best.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx