gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:50:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yorick van Norden - Happy Hunting Ground (2015): first video got released today!  (Read 2004 times)
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2015, 01:38:37 AM »

Let me start a new thread about my upcoming debut solo album, if I may be so humble. Wink

http://www.excelsior-recordings.com/2015/04/yorick-van-norden-met-eclectisch-debuut-toert-met-anne-soldaat-en-deelt-eerste-video/

"Bittersweet is the music of Yorick van Norden, the Dutchman who as a young man found his way to the stage with the band The Hype and debuts on Excelsior Recordings later this year. Yorick excels in writing catchy tunes like they used to in the sixties and seventies; jolly and careless on first listen, but in Yorick's case always layered. And they effortlessly stick in your head as well.

'Gonna Try For The Sun' is a classic example of such a song. Like a Disney film starring Harry Nilsson jamming with Fela Kuti and Van Dyke Parks' violins. It's the precursor of the upcoming album 'Happy Hunting Ground',
recorded in association with renowned indie producer Frans Hagenaars at Amsterdam's SSE Noord studios.
This week Yorick will start touring the Netherlands as a one-man-band support to Anne Soldaat (Daryll-Ann, Jason Falkner). Later he'll be joined by his own band featuring Maarten Kooijman (Johan, Anne Soldaat), Diets Dijkstra (Johan), Arjen de Bock (Bewilder, Wooden Saints) and Kees Schaper (Tim Knol, The Miseries, Tangarine)."

Here's the first video, to an album track called 'Gonna Try For The Sun':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QH5YeemYIY

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Yorick
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:39:37 AM by Yorick » Logged
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 02:40:23 AM »

Excellent song and recording!

Please delete my account
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 06:02:43 AM »

Thanks a lot! It's so nice how a song and recording can travel all around the globe with the internet nowadays. A couple of days ago I got mail from a Brazilian girl who told me how much she loved the song etcetera, amazing isn't it?
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 02:36:46 PM »

Now up on SoundCloud too!

https://soundcloud.com/excelsiorrecordings/yorick-van-norden-gonna-try-for-the-sun
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx