gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:21:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Witness  (Read 12095 times)
Howard Beale
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2015, 09:21:59 PM »

I don’t have to tell you things have gotten bad on SmileySmile.com. Everyone knows things are bad. Everybody feels the difference in tone on the board, or they feel scared of being screamed at and piled on by the same six or eight Kokotrolls who are running wild and who come out simultaneously as they are dominating the board with their anti-BW agenda whenever there is a positive thread. We know that their rants are completely unfit in relation to reality and even more unfit to read, and yet we sit there and absorb it day in and day out, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. We know things are bad...they are worse than bad, they are crazy. It’s depressing. Anyone sane here wants to have decent intelligent discussions about The Beach Boys and Brian Wilson, but a small group of zealots from the state of KokoDopia have intentionally hijacked this board and continually clog up threads with a specific agenda: delegitimize anything and everything related to Brian Wilson. There is nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do about it and there's no end to it.

Now I don't know what to tell you on what to do about the Vibe Room police who patrol and troll these threads, you know who they are, I don’t have to point them out to you. Then you sit in front of your computer screens, thinking of playing with your PS4s, while some uninformed self- anointed expert rants about phantom Autotune, vocal processing and Joe Thomas as if it were all fact and the way it’s supposed to be instead of what it really is: just a cavalcade of wankers with an agenda and on a mission, who know as much about the recording process as they do about fornicating. But some of you just sit there and accept this garbage and say nothing.  It's almost as if you are asking them to just, please, let me have my iPad , my iPhone, my PS4 and my computer and I won’t say anything, just please let us have our little space to listen to and enjoy No Pier Pressure in peace and leave us alone.

Well I'm not going to leave you alone, I want you to get MAD. I don’t want you to protest about the board, I don’t want you to write to the moderators because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the "neutral" board historian who will not admit publicly he is solidly in Mike Love’s camp, who will not admit publicly he is working with Mike Love on his book, who has already tried to rewrite Beach Boys history on this board, to tailor it to this fictional alternate KokoDopian reality, who tries and has succeeded in getting members who he vehemently disagrees with banned - someone who bullies anyone who doesn't bend the knee off of the board. I don’t know what to tell you about all the lies and spin like the firing of Randell Kirsch, like the Love termination of C50, the phantom Autotune and all the other fabrications of the Vibe Room police, all I know is first YOU’VE GOT TO GET MAD. You have to say "I am a knowledgeable, serious fan, Gosh Darn it, my opinion has value." This band and it’s creative force Brian Wilson have meaning. The legacy of the greatest band in American history should not be cheerleaders, Stamos, Pisces Brothers and wheeennnnnn.
One original member and a replacement of an original member do not constitute The Beach Boys.

So: I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs.  I want you to get up right now, grab your copy of Summer in Paradise, and go to the window, open it, throw it out, then stick your head out, and yell  "I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE."  I want you to get up right now, get up, go to your windows, open them, stick your head out, toss out your copy of Summer in Paradise and yell "I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE." Then we’ll figure out what to do about the Vibe Room Cops and the spin control and the former neutral board historian trying to rewrite Beach Boys history. Things have got to change but first YOU’VE GOT TO GET MAD. You have to say I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE. Keep yelling it, don’t stop.  I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE.  Go to your computers, login to your accounts, go to the message board and post: I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »

I think my SIP digipak is worth about $60 so I'll pass.....
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 10:02:20 PM »

Just toss it out the window, have a few good yells, and then bring it back inside.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 10:24:04 PM »

A compromise.

I'll play it, yell outside....and toss my lunch!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:26:22 PM »

We're having an electrical storm tonight.  Howling winds and rain in sheets.

Best not taking a chance of damaging my last Digi-pack copy.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »

Funny, Howard, Now: jump!  police
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 12:36:13 AM »

I greatly fear someone has watched the movie Network one too many times.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 01:05:45 AM »

I've never owned SIP, listened to it once and said "no way" - so I took my home burnt CD of illegally downloaded "Mike Love Not War" opened my front door to cyclonic winds, driving rain and 25 foot plus swell and cast that wretched disc to the horizon and I screamed, I yelled, I screamed louder, I cajoled but that freakin' disc flew straight back in the door ... I feel defeated, subjugated by the Kokomaoists, I'm a cork on the ocean, floating over the raging sea, how long will this cyclone blow, how long will this cyclone blow .... I lost my way ...
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 01:13:38 AM »

Just toss it out the window, have a few good yells, and then bring it back inside.
Mine only cost $10 and the neighbours horrible ginger cat is crapping in my garden, so I just might do it...

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 01:29:34 AM »

I've avoided the board for a few days because I couldn't stand all that hate and insults anymore, now I come back and what do I find`? Another fundamentalist hate preacher with more insults. And I'm off again. Bye! Cry

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 01:55:58 AM »

With this level of anger and hatred coming from the OP, i'm guessing "howard beale" is American.

But 2 posts? Which other monikers does "howard beale" post under?
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 03:24:12 AM »

With this level of anger and hatred coming from the OP, i'm guessing "howard beale" is American.

I don't know. His other post so far is a very timely and well-written introductory post in the "Welcome to the SS board" thread. In it, he lets the world know that he is a troll. Great stuff.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 03:31:34 AM »

The legacy of the greatest band in American history should not be cheerleaders, Stamos, Pisces Brothers and wheeennnnnn.

That is so funny.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:48:48 AM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 03:40:29 AM »

I don't know. His other post so far is a very timely and well-written introductory post in the "Welcome to the SS board" thread. In it, he lets the world know that he is a troll. Great stuff.

That was already pretty obvious given the name and photograph, though.
KDS
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 06:39:20 AM »

I do find it amazing that such beautiful, peaceful music (no, I'm not talking about SIP) can inspire so much hate, venom, and anger. 

And I used to think that David Lee Roth v Sammy Hagar got people whipped into a frenzy.  Doesn't hold a candle to Mike Love v Brian Wilson. 

I'm going on record as saying that I'm not really on either side of the fence. 

I have tickets to see Brian Wilson in June, with Al and Blondie.  I'm a big fan of No Pier Pressure, and I can't wait to see Love and Mercy. 

I also have tickets to see The Mike and Bruce Beach Boys in August, and I'm looking forward to an afternoon (yep, it's an afternoon concert) of surf, beach, and car songs. 

I will agree with the OP that the name Beach Boys should be somehow amended.  There are countless examples in music of fractured groups ie. Joey Molland's Badfinger, Jack Russell's Great White, Herman's Hermits featuring Peter Noone.  I think that after the final show of the C50 Tour, Mike and Bruce should've made a similar amendment to the name.  With the size of venues they play, The Beach Boys featuring Mike Love & Bruce Johnston would sell just as many tickets. 

And if John Stamos follows through with that All Summer Long movie, I will avoid it like the plague just as I avoided Rock of Ages. 

At the risk of being exiled into the Vibe Room, I just don't see why music fans have to pick sides. 
linusoli
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 06:46:28 AM »

I don't usually come out of the woodwork to post here, but I feel the need to say something about this ridiculously hate-filled original post. Talk about an agenda. I'm certainly not anti-Brian Wilson. In fact, he is my all time musical hero. But speaking as a professional recording engineer, those who have correctly observed the heavy use of tuning software (be it Autotune or Melodyne) on the Brian Wilson/Joe Thomas productions of recent years are not pushing a political agenda. They are accurately using their ears and observing a simple sonic fact. Whether or not you like it, heavy tuning went into the making of these records. To dispute that claim only reveals your unsophisticated listening abilities and lack of knowledge about contemporary recording technology. Okay, I'm out.
linusoli
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 06:47:39 AM »

And if whether or not you like some manicured studio crap he put out at the age of 72 determines whether or not you're a true Brian Wilson fan, well that's ridiculous.
KDS
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 06:49:47 AM »

And if whether or not you like some manicured studio crap he put out at the age of 72 determines whether or not you're a true Brian Wilson fan, well that's ridiculous.

You're onto something here.  At least the songs themselves are good.   
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 07:07:53 AM »

I don’t have to tell you things have gotten bad on SmileySmile.com. Everyone knows things are bad. Everybody feels the difference in tone on the board, or they feel scared of being screamed at and piled on by the same six or eight Kokotrolls who are running wild and who come out simultaneously as they are dominating the board with their anti-BW agenda whenever there is a positive thread. We know that their rants are completely unfit in relation to reality and even more unfit to read, and yet we sit there and absorb it day in and day out, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. We know things are bad...they are worse than bad, they are crazy. It’s depressing. Anyone sane here wants to have decent intelligent discussions about The Beach Boys and Brian Wilson, but a small group of zealots from the state of KokoDopia have intentionally hijacked this board and continually clog up threads with a specific agenda: delegitimize anything and everything related to Brian Wilson. There is nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do about it and there's no end to it.

Now I don't know what to tell you on what to do about the Vibe Room police who patrol and troll these threads, you know who they are, I don’t have to point them out to you. Then you sit in front of your computer screens, thinking of playing with your PS4s, while some uninformed self- anointed expert rants about phantom Autotune, vocal processing and Joe Thomas as if it were all fact and the way it’s supposed to be instead of what it really is: just a cavalcade of wankers with an agenda and on a mission, who know as much about the recording process as they do about fornicating. But some of you just sit there and accept this garbage and say nothing.  It's almost as if you are asking them to just, please, let me have my iPad , my iPhone, my PS4 and my computer and I won’t say anything, just please let us have our little space to listen to and enjoy No Pier Pressure in peace and leave us alone.

Well I'm not going to leave you alone, I want you to get MAD. I don’t want you to protest about the board, I don’t want you to write to the moderators because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the "neutral" board historian who will not admit publicly he is solidly in Mike Love’s camp, who will not admit publicly he is working with Mike Love on his book, who has already tried to rewrite Beach Boys history on this board, to tailor it to this fictional alternate KokoDopian reality, who tries and has succeeded in getting members who he vehemently disagrees with banned - someone who bullies anyone who doesn't bend the knee off of the board. I don’t know what to tell you about all the lies and spin like the firing of Randell Kirsch, like the Love termination of C50, the phantom Autotune and all the other fabrications of the Vibe Room police, all I know is first YOU’VE GOT TO GET MAD. You have to say "I am a knowledgeable, serious fan, Gosh Darn it, my opinion has value." This band and it’s creative force Brian Wilson have meaning. The legacy of the greatest band in American history should not be cheerleaders, Stamos, Pisces Brothers and wheeennnnnn.
One original member and a replacement of an original member do not constitute The Beach Boys.

So: I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs.  I want you to get up right now, grab your copy of Summer in Paradise, and go to the window, open it, throw it out, then stick your head out, and yell  "I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE."  I want you to get up right now, get up, go to your windows, open them, stick your head out, toss out your copy of Summer in Paradise and yell "I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE." Then we’ll figure out what to do about the Vibe Room Cops and the spin control and the former neutral board historian trying to rewrite Beach Boys history. Things have got to change but first YOU’VE GOT TO GET MAD. You have to say I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE. Keep yelling it, don’t stop.  I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE.  Go to your computers, login to your accounts, go to the message board and post: I’M AS MAD AS HELL AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

Superb.  High Five Thumbs Up w00t! Bow Happy Dance Love

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 07:53:16 AM »

Not mad so much as bored.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 08:33:08 AM »

Go back in your hole.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 08:55:48 AM »

Howard-DLTBGYD   Hello

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:10 AM »

Nah, he used the term "wanker" so he's obviously from the UK.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »

Post is too long and ranting.  what is so different here to warrant this?
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 10:10:22 AM »

I don't usually come out of the woodwork to post here, but I feel the need to say something about this ridiculously hate-filled original post. Talk about an agenda. I'm certainly not anti-Brian Wilson. In fact, he is my all time musical hero. But speaking as a professional recording engineer, those who have correctly observed the heavy use of tuning software (be it Autotune or Melodyne) on the Brian Wilson/Joe Thomas productions of recent years are not pushing a political agenda. They are accurately using their ears and observing a simple sonic fact. Whether or not you like it, heavy tuning went into the making of these records. To dispute that claim only reveals your unsophisticated listening abilities and lack of knowledge about contemporary recording technology. Okay, I'm out.

What an all encompassing self-indignant statement oh wise one! But far be it from me to disagree - after all you're a recording engineer.

Oddly enough, your recording of Hop, Skip & Jump sounds like it was recorded at the bottom of a trash can. But I don't know anything. I've just recorded with Guided by Voices, Cobra Verde, Death of Samantha and many more.

Heaven forbid if a 72 year old man wants to make a contemporary sounding record that sounds with the times (as opposed to a lo-fi exercise for PBR swilling hipsters).

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx