gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:40:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian August 1967 interview  (Read 21505 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2015, 06:40:54 AM »

By definition the Pop songs with Wilson's music are the greatest of the Beach Boys catalog and no other single composer or all other composers of BBs' songs combined even come close to Brian's mark I believe it is accurate to say. If the BBs are one of the greatest Pop groups of all time and their songs are among the best Pop songs of all time and most of their best have music by Brian then it seems to me he is certifiably [not subjectively] one of the greatest Pop composers [not to mention vocalists] of all time.

Right. So the "Macarena" is four times better than "Kokomo" by that standard, right? You forgot to answer, Cam.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the questions are going to be answered. Puzzled as to why, seeing as he seemed to be on his way to making such a strong logical argument; I figured his direct answers would have been right around the corner... Avoid the Noid... And sweetdudejim's questions too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:55:51 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2015, 09:08:16 PM »

By definition the Pop songs with Wilson's music are the greatest of the Beach Boys catalog and no other single composer or all other composers of BBs' songs combined even come close to Brian's mark I believe it is accurate to say. If the BBs are one of the greatest Pop groups of all time and their songs are among the best Pop songs of all time and most of their best have music by Brian then it seems to me he is certifiably [not subjectively] one of the greatest Pop composers [not to mention vocalists] of all time.

Right. So the "Macarena" is four times better than "Kokomo" by that standard, right? You forgot to answer, Cam.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the questions are going to be answered. Puzzled as to why, seeing as he seemed to be on his way to making such a strong logical argument; I figured his direct answers would have been right around the corner... Avoid the Noid... And sweetdudejim's questions too.

I know Century, sure seems weird that Cam decided to duck out of this thread once it came time for him to defend his own argument on the quality of "pop" music. Seems like he hasn't figured out a way to weasel out of saying that "Kokomo" is only a quarter as good as the "Macarena." It was his own argument so I don't know what scared him off.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx