gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:21:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys output decline by decade:  (Read 4528 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 04:50:36 PM »

And to 'mikes beard' I never said sunflower, surfs up & holland weren't legitimate BBs albums, but holland was/is the last BBs lp with historical value and the end of the 5yr progression that started with smiley smile&wild honey.

No you didn't but I was just applying your logic to what constitutes a 'legitimate' BBs album. As the bulk of Sunflower was made up of the rejected Add Some Music material and Cool, Cool Water is a two thirds Smile/Wild Honey recording is it somehow not a real BB album?
Surf's Up contained Take a Load Off Your Feet -  an Add Some Music holdover -, a re-write of Riot In Cell Block #9 with different lyrics and a 5 year old title track.
Carl & The Passions contained a couple of 2 year old Dennis solo tracks.
Holland opens with a song first started 2 years previously and Big Sur is a re-recording of a Sunflower era track.
The band reused/reworked older material constantly throughout their career, there's only about 4 albums they put out made up of 100% 'fresh' material.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 04:56:34 PM »

Yeah, if there's one thing the Beach Boys always did well it was recycle a good riff.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2015, 01:01:48 AM »

Yeah but youre talking about working titles of what became sunflower...
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx