gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:52:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is happening with the licensed Beach Boys?  (Read 12645 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »

When myKe fires br00th will anybody notice??  Huh

The mic stand would notice and maybe one or two groupies.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 01:44:43 PM »

So (a) Brian's Back?

Musicians Wanted.
Must be named either Alan, Carl or Dennis. Wink
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2015, 03:17:56 PM »

Would the lack of adjusting the stand in question have an ill effect on the band's sound. What about the infernal hand clapping? Perhaps, in his honor, there would be an empty keyboard and it's accompanying mic stand.  Grin

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2015, 03:18:46 PM »

One thing's for sure...'Wendy' would sound a whole lot better.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »

From the way it was presented, it sounded voluntary. But no definitive cause presented yet.

In any case, he will be sorely missed on stage and off.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:57:00 PM by Eric Aniversario » Logged
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 03:39:48 PM »

Add me to the list of fans who will miss Randell.     I had become a true fan of this BAND and this IMHO sucks.  I'm recalling a comment John C. Made to me after a recent show when I told him how great he sounded throughout the show; "well, good.   Maybe that means I'll still have a job".
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »

The more I think about it, the more it seems wrong to leave this lineup to only touring. Those voices--the current blend--- really should be recording and releasing. Plenty of songwriters would welcome the present BB recording their stuff.  The licence really needs renegotiated......otherwise, the BB become an ever older/oldies band.
Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »

Perhaps Mike thought that Jeff was starting to sound like Mickie Mouse with a sore throat

Make waves, not love
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 04:07:59 PM »

From the way it was presented, it sounded voluntary. But no definitive cause presented yet.

In any case, he will be sorely missed on stage and off.

Is there a notice that was posted somewhere about this, and Matt Jardine being a full member of Brian's Band?
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2015, 04:10:45 PM »

The more I think about it, the more it seems wrong to leave this lineup to only touring. Those voices--the current blend--- really should be recording and releasing. Plenty of songwriters would welcome the present BB recording their stuff.  The licence really needs renegotiated......otherwise, the BB become an ever older/oldies band.

Can of worms has just been opened!  Much as I like them as singers they are not the Beach Boys for recording purposes and there is no need to renegotiate the licence (unless it's to allow Brian, Al, Blondie e al to release a Beach Boys album IMHO).
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2015, 04:13:49 PM »

Can of worms has just been opened!  Much as I like them as singers they are not the Beach Boys for recording purposes and there is no need to renegotiate the licence (unless it's to allow Brian, Al, Blondie e al to release a Beach Boys album IMHO).

Yes, I agree

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
lastofmykind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2015, 05:21:13 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of the falsetto of JF, however I believe his natural baritone in the middle third is outstanding.  In my honest opinion this band lost its vocal prowess when Christian left the band.  Sometimes I would close my eyes and he could sound a scary amount like a young Carl.  It was truly a shame we had to listen to Bruce sings GOK all those years when Christian sound eerily like Carl and light years better than Bruce on it. 
zachrwolfe
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:50:28 PM by zatch » Logged
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2015, 10:48:38 PM »

I'm not a huge fan of the falsetto of JF, however I believe his natural baritone in the middle third is outstanding.  In my honest opinion this band lost its vocal prowess when Christian left the band.  Sometimes I would close my eyes and he could sound a scary amount like a young Carl.  It was truly a shame we had to listen to Bruce sings GOK all those years when Christian sound eerily like Carl and light years better than Bruce on it. 
I agree that Christian is/was underrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Qe0dZPJKo
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2015, 11:08:41 PM »

Beach Boys management  a.k.a. Jackie  Love is in her "firing mode" again.... everybody gets the knife sooner or latter !!   She fired all of the top notch musicians from yester years , also know as "Carl's Band" !  She fires all the "roadcrew" members also sooner or latter !!  NUTS !  Afro
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that Mike's wife is the one calling the shots; Mike has Jackie, Brian has Melinda.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2015, 12:49:16 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:50:19 PM by zatch » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2015, 02:19:39 AM »

Beach Boys management  a.k.a. Jackie  Love is in her "firing mode" again.... everybody gets the knife sooner or latter !!   She fired all of the top notch musicians from yester years , also know as "Carl's Band" !  She fires all the "roadcrew" members also sooner or latter !!  NUTS !  Afro
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that Mike's wife is the one calling the shots; Mike has Jackie, Brian has Melinda.

Yeah guys let's demonize the wives*. There's absolutely no chance any members left by their own choice or that there were complex band politics with lots of small things leading to their departures.

* - not really sure why Melinda was even brought in to this discussion, which had absolutely nothing to do with her

I agree with you.

?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2015, 06:24:39 AM »

Groupies?  Bruce?  What, is he blocking the door to Stamos' dressing room or something?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2015, 07:45:07 AM »

What? LOL
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2015, 10:16:05 AM »

What? LOL

LOL! Well the "ever older oldies band" ship has already sailed. If Mike wants to record Beach Boys music under the Beach Boys name, he needs to be talking to Cousin Bri without pushing for a room. My guess is, he's not that bothered.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »

What? LOL

LOL! Well the "ever older oldies band" ship has already sailed. If Mike wants to record Beach Boys music under the Beach Boys name, he needs to be talking to Cousin Bri without pushing for a room. My guess is, he's not that bothered.

All future M&B performances of In My Room should be reworked as In Mike's Room.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2015, 10:37:02 AM »

What? LOL

LOL!

There's a world where I must go to write a song or two
In Mike's Room. In Mike's Room.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2015, 10:45:48 AM »

What? LOL

LOL!

There's a world where I must go to write a song or two

Cousin Brian will be there in it, but nobody with a mullet too...
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2015, 04:17:59 PM »

Well im sure without knowing everything that Mike is calling the shots and his wife does what he wants to do... I actually dont think there was anything wrong with Randall"s playing and singing.. So who know"s whats up..??. Wasn"t there someone in Randall"s family a few years ago that was sick..?? Cancer ??.. I hope everything worked out ok and everyone is well.. Randall will land on his feet.. PaPA doo run run.. Surf city allstars.. California surf inc.. etc.. someone will pick him up he has known all those people for decades
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2015, 05:12:01 PM »

I don't know if this is true at all, but one of the reasons Christian Love left the band was to focus on his other band, 5-Alarm, which he sings and plays bass in. Him and Randell have apparently written songs together and the band's facebook page says that he sometimes joins them. Perhaps he left so he could concentrate on this and his other projects (California Surf Inc.)?

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx