gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:09:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is happening with the licensed Beach Boys?  (Read 12686 times)
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2015, 04:05:10 PM »

Lots, apparently.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 04:09:44 PM »

Brian "Ike" Eichenberger replacing Randell Kirsch... 54 years later, this band is still full of surprises.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 04:14:57 PM »

What is Foskett doing?

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »

What is Foskett doing?

Sweating...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Nicko1234
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 04:35:52 PM »

A shame that Randell is moving on. I think he did a great job and was underused since Jeff`s arrival.

I think that Jeff sounds better on the leads than he does on the falsetto parts nowadays. Giving him more songs like Darlin and letting Brian Eichenberger take over some of the other parts would work well imo.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »

I wonder if this explains the rather forceful ("effective immediately") wording of Brian's announcement of adding Matt back to his band.

Ike and Matt sound good together on the "Soundstage" Blu-ray.

Kirsche played bass. Will Ike play bass (he played guitar with Brian), or is someone switching over to bass?

Brian better start nailing down his band with retainer agreements or something.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 04:48:02 PM »

Also slightly potentially interesting that unlike Foskett, who Mike seemed happy to heavily advertise had previously been in Brian's band for eons, Mike doesn't offer any of the pedigree/stats on Ike in his Facebook post. No mention of being with Brian or the Four Freshmen. Maybe the Facebook post was supposed to be short and more about Kirsche, I dunno.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 04:52:17 PM »

All that stuff I said about Mike's Beach Boys?  I take it all back.  Randell is a great guy.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 04:54:06 PM »

Eichenberger can't hold a job. (that's a joke)

Or he doesn't want to be tied down.

gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 05:41:24 PM »

Well this is an interesting development.  I'm guessing Ike will take over bass duties.  I can't imagine Scott T. or Foskett switching, although anything is possible in Beach Boys land.

Anybody want to throw down a bet as to who's next?  Darian?  Probyn?  Melinda?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 06:41:31 PM »

April 13

'The singer said during a recent phone interview that the current configuration of The Beach Boys is the strongest the group has been in decades.'

Strange things happen.... Roll Eyes
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :pZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Transcendental Meditation

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
lastofmykind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »

Randell is truly one of the nicest and most kind and positive people I have ever talked to!  As great as a musician and vocalist as he is, he is an even more outstanding human being!
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 08:55:48 PM »

Randell is truly one of the nicest and most kind and positive people I have ever talked to!  As great as a musician and vocalist as he is, he is an even more outstanding human being!

Seconded.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 12:46:51 AM »

Seconded.
Thirded.
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 02:29:39 AM »

Firstly, any time I have heard Randell, I have thought highly of his playing and singing. Hopefully he has a good new gig somewhere. 

Secondly, with the tenor/ falsetto capacities of Jeff, Scott and Ike, this is a band which should be heard.

Maybe that licence should be re negotiated. Shame to lose all that harmony to the ether.........
surf patrol
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 05:38:51 AM »

Beach Boys management  a.k.a. Jackie  Love is in her "firing mode" again.... everybody gets the knife sooner or latter !!   She fired all of the top notch musicians from yester years , also known as "Carl's Band" !  She fires all the "roadcrew" members also sooner or latter !!  NUTS !  Afro
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:56:33 PM by surf patrol » Logged
Nicko1234
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 05:50:09 AM »

Beach Boys management  a.k.a. Jackie  Love is in her "firing mode" again.... everybody gets it sooner or latter !!   She fired all of the top notch musicians from yester years , also know as "Carl's Band" !  She fires all the "roadcrew" members also sooner or latter !!  NUTS !  Afro

Adrian Baker claimed that she was responsible for him losing his position in the band so everything else can be forgiven I guess.  Wink
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 06:05:12 AM »

Beach Boys management  a.k.a. Jackie  Love is in her "firing mode" again.... everybody gets it sooner or latter !!   She fired all of the top notch musicians from yester years , also know as "Carl's Band" !  She fires all the "roadcrew" members also sooner or latter !!  NUTS !  Afro

All of them? None left for other opportunities or illness or their own reasons?

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 07:43:28 AM »

Won't have a REAL assessment of "what is happening" until August when I see [and hear] them.  I hope this isn't merely just another corporate cost saving 'move'.  Those NEVER work out long term.  Sure...Maybe they only have a 5% negative affect on the over-all sound and presentation...but what do you have left after you've done it 20 times? Huh

I guess I'll find out August 8.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Nicko1234
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 07:54:21 AM »

Won't have a REAL assessment of "what is happening" until August when I see [and hear] them.  I hope this isn't merely just another corporate cost saving 'move'.  Those NEVER work out long term.  Sure...Maybe they only have a 5% negative affect on the over-all sound and presentation...but what do you have left after you've done it 20 times? Huh

I guess I'll find out August 8.

I`m not sure it can be said that the changes made in the past had a `5% negative effect'. Kowalski and Baker leaving certainly helped and Chris Farmer moving on allowed Scott Totten to become musical director.

And since Foskett`s arrival, I`m not sure Randell was all that important to the sound of the group (whether that had any bearing in him moving on I have no idea). Obviously they will need to rehearse and re-organise but it shouldn`t really have a negative effect imo.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 08:02:34 AM by Nicko1234 » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2015, 07:55:52 AM »

Cut to Randell with a single tear rolling down his cheek.
lastofmykind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 09:38:00 AM »

I'm not sure the nature of this move whether it was voluntary for Randell or not, but I really truly believe at this point, Jeff is starting to creep up in age a little bit, and to my ears his voice would be a little more well suited in the middle third than the upper third.  I would not be shocked to hear "Ike" take most of the falsetto parts, he has an extremely fine falsetto.  I think this will end up working out quite well, if Foskett sings the middle thirds and Ike take the upper third, unfortunately for us fans there wont be any more interactions with the genuinely great guy Randell. 
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2015, 10:15:17 AM »

When myKe fires br00th will anybody notice??  Huh

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 10:27:47 AM »

When myKe fires br00th will anybody notice??  Huh

Yes.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx