gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680714 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 11:52:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is happening with the licensed Beach Boys?  (Read 12674 times)
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2015, 08:36:38 PM »

I wonder what this means for Brian E's Four Freshmen commitments. Mike's Beach Boys tour a lot more than Brian does, so does that mean he is leaving the Freshmen?

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
zachrwolfe
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2015, 08:42:57 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:50:16 PM by zatch » Logged
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2015, 02:28:04 AM »

I'm not a huge fan of the falsetto of JF, however I believe his natural baritone in the middle third is outstanding.  In my honest opinion this band lost its vocal prowess when Christian left the band.  Sometimes I would close my eyes and he could sound a scary amount like a young Carl.  It was truly a shame we had to listen to Bruce sings GOK all those years when Christian sound eerily like Carl and light years better than Bruce on it. 
I agree that Christian is/was underrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Qe0dZPJKo

I feel like Bruce makes Mike really uncomfortable with his "OMFG R U HEERING THIS" mannerisms at the beginning of this clip that Mike stops watching his son do a great job singing a classic song so Bruce will stop looking at Uncle Mike.

No mas, por favor.
KDS
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2015, 05:47:04 AM »

Anyone know if David Marks is still going to be with the Mike and Bruce Beach Boys for their late summer US Tour? 

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2015, 05:53:21 AM »

I'm not a huge fan of the falsetto of JF, however I believe his natural baritone in the middle third is outstanding.  In my honest opinion this band lost its vocal prowess when Christian left the band.  Sometimes I would close my eyes and he could sound a scary amount like a young Carl.  It was truly a shame we had to listen to Bruce sings GOK all those years when Christian sound eerily like Carl and light years better than Bruce on it. 
I agree that Christian is/was underrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Qe0dZPJKo

I feel like Bruce makes Mike really uncomfortable with his "OMFG R U HEERING THIS" mannerisms at the beginning of this clip that Mike stops watching his son do a great job singing a classic song so Bruce will stop looking at Uncle Mike.

He stepped back from the keyboard for a few seconds and tried to make eye contact with Mike...nothing that out of the ordinary! Mike doesn't even seem to notice for a second.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2015, 05:04:01 PM »

I wonder what this means for Brian E's Four Freshmen commitments. Mike's Beach Boys tour a lot more than Brian does, so does that mean he is leaving the Freshmen?

Already left:

One can now do such a chart on who has come and gone with the Beachboys.    One can only imagine how it would look in ten years
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2015, 05:28:25 PM »

He stepped back from the keyboard for a few seconds and tried to make eye contact with Mike...nothing that out of the ordinary! Mike doesn't even seem to notice for a second.
Agree with both comments. CL nails it. Bruce is impressed. Mike already knew it.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2015, 07:24:40 PM »

Already left:

Nice to see one of my former music professors listed on that chart, he was one of my favorites.  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2015, 08:00:18 PM »

Was Kirsch fired so he could spend more time with his family?

Say, remember when people tried to claim that post C50 Mike Love went back to the "touring band" out of intense loyalty for the backing band and a need to see them employed?
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx