gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680996 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 04:30:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson "I’ll probably keep going till I drop.”  (Read 1927 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2015, 02:42:33 PM »

No plans for retirement in this story.....Very positive.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/569981/Beach-Boys-Brian-Wilson-drugs-Love-Mercy-film-new-album

He’s the first to admit that despite his advancing years he has no plans to slow down and says he couldn’t stop performing if he tried.

“It’s a compulsion,“ he explains.

“It feels good. It makes you want to keep going.

"I’ll probably keep going till I drop.”
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »

Rock! Brian, Dennis, & Carl Rock!

Smiley
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 03:33:10 PM »

I think it's healthy for these guys.  I listen to a lot of country music and the country guys literally do go until they drop.  Every time we lose one of them, there's a recording that pops up of them on a stage somewhere like 3 days earlier...  A guy like Brian is very good at what he does, not because he started for the money but because he's doing what he loves.  It took me a long time to realize that you can work at something that you ENJOY, and the money will find you because you'll do a much better job.  I'm never going to retire either... glad to see Brian's of a similar mindset!

Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »

It makes him happy, it's what he does best, and he's better at it than most anyone. The guy is 72 and is writing, producing and singing on a level that very few have, and it's actually getting better. A lot of the vocals on NPP he couldn't have pulled off 5 or 10 years ago.

The world needs Brian's music and his voice.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »

"I’ll probably keep going till I drop.”

Me too. Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »

This is not meant to be a joke. I think a every touring band (just one of many examples) should carry a automated external defibrillator (AED).  They may be available at the venues but I think a few people in the band or road crew should be trained to use them. These machines actually give you verbal commands during operation.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An automated external defibrillator (AED) is a portable electronic device that automatically diagnoses the life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias of ventricular fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia in a patient,[1] and is able to treat them through defibrillation, the application of electrical therapy which stops the arrhythmia, allowing the heart to reestablish an effective rhythm.

With simple audio and visual commands, AEDs are designed to be simple to use for the layperson, and the use of AEDs is taught in many first aid, certified first responder, and basic life support (BLS) level cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) classes.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_external_defibrillator

These can be found in many public and business places. It wouldn't be a bad investment for anyone.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:14:05 PM by SloopJohnnyB » Logged
felipe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 09:25:40 PM »

This is not meant to be a joke. I think a every touring band (just one of many examples) should carry a automated external defibrillator (AED).  They may be available at the venues but I think a few people in the band or road crew should be trained to use them. These machines actually give you verbal commands during operation.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An automated external defibrillator (AED) is a portable electronic device that automatically diagnoses the life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias of ventricular fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia in a patient,[1] and is able to treat them through defibrillation, the application of electrical therapy which stops the arrhythmia, allowing the heart to reestablish an effective rhythm.

With simple audio and visual commands, AEDs are designed to be simple to use for the layperson, and the use of AEDs is taught in many first aid, certified first responder, and basic life support (BLS) level cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) classes.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_external_defibrillator

These can be found in many public and business places. It wouldn't be a bad investment for anyone.

This made me remember the funk genius Charles "Express Yourself" Wright. In the 80s music businessmen told him he would only get recorded when he used the drum machine. He spent nights learning it till he had a heart atack. He never came back to it and nowadays tries to prove that the deep bass of the drum machine is dangerous to the musicians hearts
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:28:02 PM by felipe » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx