-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:47:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The Last Man on Earth
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Last Man on Earth  (Read 1708 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2015, 07:34:24 PM »

What do you make of this new TV series starring Will Forte? (FOX, Sundays @ 9)

Existential comedic brilliance or just plain dumb? Both?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:35:19 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 02:51:06 PM »

I liked the first few episodes with just Forte and Kristen Schaal.  Once January Jones came along (though she's great on Mad Men) and Forte's character became completely unlikable, I stopped watching.  It was an interesting concept that inevitably became just another formulaic sitcom about a jerk who's desperate for sex.

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »

I felt somewhat the same, but last Sunday's episodes were a rebound. According to Forte, making Phil a creep is all part of the plan.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 02:20:10 PM »

I liked the first few episodes with just Forte and Kristen Schaal.  Once January Jones came along (though she's great on Mad Men) and Forte's character became completely unlikable, I stopped watching.  It was an interesting concept that inevitably became just another formulaic sitcom about a jerk who's desperate for sex.

My thoughts exactly.  I found the first few episodes interesting and funny, but I'm starting to get annoyed with the show.  It's becoming rather predictable to me now (yeah, we know he's not getting laid anytime soon, at least not by someone he wants to be with).  I've missed the last few episodes, so I'm quickly dropping off on this one.  I dunno, maybe I should give it another try?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: