-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:16:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Campaign 2016
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 81   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign 2016  (Read 522970 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1800 on: November 10, 2016, 11:35:20 AM »

I'm much less OK with the belittling of the intelligence and values of people who did vote for Trump.  But, you know, that's another case where free speech protects one's right to be a sore loser.  

But you're doing the same thing you're accusing others of doing. You're equating questioning the intelligence of someone to "being a sore loser." Two very different things.

To the point of intelligence of Trump voters, I would offer two things: First, one of the few actual firm demographic/statistical bits we have about Trump voters is that they are provably statistically less educated. Non-educated or less-educated isn't the same thing as "unintelligent" to be sure (though there is obviously *some* correlation). But education is one of the few areas we have where we can even begin to measure the intelligence of the voter. Secondly, pointing out that Trump voters are probably (or might be) less intelligent isn't the same as "belittling" their intelligence (meaning to deem as unimportant). I readily acknowledge that clinically and coldly just pointing out that the typical generic Trump voter might be less intelligent is certainly not going to be taken as a *compliment*, but it doesn't rise to the level of actively mocking or belittling.

Certainly, there are people that *are* belittling the intelligence of Trump voters. So is the case with Trump supporters talking about Clinton supporters.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:38:23 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1801 on: November 10, 2016, 11:37:34 AM »

The electoral college operates on the Animal Farm philosophy. ..everyone is equal only some animals are more equal than others.

The sad fact about the electoral college is that it seems so unlikely anyone will do anything about it. Momentum on the issue seems to be lost so quickly.

Everyone here remember 2000? If the outrage and angst that followed that election didn't lead to abolishing the electoral college, I doubt this will.

I for one would love to see it abolished along with the staggered primary system. I never need a bunch of people in Iowa to set the tone for anything ever again.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #1802 on: November 10, 2016, 11:41:58 AM »

I'm much less OK with the belittling of the intelligence and values of people who did vote for Trump.  But, you know, that's another case where free speech protects one's right to be a sore loser. 

But you're doing the same thing you're accusing others of doing. You're equating questioning the intelligence of someone to "being a sore loser." Two very different things.

To the point of intelligence of Trump voters, I would offer two things: First, one of the few actual firm demographic/statistical bits we have about Trump voters is that they are provably statistically less educated. Non-educated or less-educated isn't the same thing as "unintelligent" to be sure (though there is obviously *some* correlation). But education is one of the few we have to even begin to measure the intelligence of the voter. Secondly, pointing out that Trump voters are probably (or might be) less intelligent isn't the same as "belittling" their intelligence (meaning to deem as unimportant). I readily acknowledge that clinically and coldly just pointing out that the typical generic Trump voter might be less intelligent is certainly not going to be taken as a *compliment*, but it doesn't rise to the level of actively mocking or belittling.

Certainly, there are people that *are* belittling the intelligence of Trump voters. So is the case with Trump supporters talking about Clinton supporters.

I'm sorry Hey Jude.  

But insulting someone's intelligence or questioning their personal values / beliefs is not the same as calling somebody a sore loser.  

It's also one thing to question a large group.  It's another to do so individually like you did earlier with your flimsy passive aggressive approach (saying people with character flaws are often in denial) to myself and another poster.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1803 on: November 10, 2016, 11:50:33 AM »

The electoral college operates on the Animal Farm philosophy. ..everyone is equal only some animals are more equal than others.

The sad fact about the electoral college is that it seems so unlikely anyone will do anything about it. Momentum on the issue seems to be lost so quickly.

Everyone here remember 2000? If the outrage and angst that followed that election didn't lead to abolishing the electoral college, I doubt this will.

I for one would love to see it abolished along with the staggered primary system. I never need a bunch of people in Iowa to set the tone for anything ever again.
Well Maine has moved to it, along with parts of Oregon. ..

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: November 10, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »

Because he is not being either racist nor misogynist.  Never mind that corruption, scandals, and criminal investigations have followed Hillary Clinton for the past 30 years or that she's often been painted as untrustworthy (which is astounding considering she is already a politician); her critics didn't like her solely because she's a woman!  

Of course it pains me that there are many people who drank the Kool-Aid and actually do believe that Hillary's main likeability problem is being a woman. Some do think that, want to turn it into a black and white issue, and it's certainly not. Yet it's not a non-issue either. Trump is proving himself to be racist, being absent today from condemning all the people who are doing racist acts all over the nation in his name. He can be acting in a racist way simply by inaction.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:23:26 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: November 10, 2016, 12:57:46 PM »

Hillary was damaged goods but a known quantity, Trump is a complete unknown in public office. Hopefully he works with others in office to moderate his positions on trade and immigration.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: November 10, 2016, 01:45:14 PM »

Does Trump like Brian Wilson??

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1807 on: November 10, 2016, 02:25:48 PM »

Because he is not being either racist nor misogynist.  Never mind that corruption, scandals, and criminal investigations have followed Hillary Clinton for the past 30 years or that she's often been painted as untrustworthy (which is astounding considering she is already a politician); her critics didn't like her solely because she's a woman!  

Of course it pains me that there are many people who drank the Kool-Aid and actually do believe that Hillary's main likeability problem is being a woman. Some do think that, want to turn it into a black and white issue, and it's certainly not. Yet it's not a non-issue either. Trump is proving himself to be racist, being absent today from condemning all the people who are doing racist acts all over the nation in his name. He can be acting in a racist way simply by inaction.

In the thousands and thousands of words spoken out against Hillary Clinton I've heard from dozens of conservative commentators including Limbaugh and Hannity, at no point did I ever hear anyone attack Hillary for being a woman.  Never. Had Hillary been a conservative Republican and the lead ticket for the Republican party, they would be defending her profusely.  Many of those who are crying "misogyny against Clinton" had absolutely no problem viciously assailing conservative women such as Sarah Palin and Carly Fiorina.  

I agree Trump should speak out against those performing racist acts in his name though.  But I won't paint him as a racist because he hasn't.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:34:55 PM by Awesoman » Logged

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1808 on: November 10, 2016, 02:29:59 PM »

I'm sorry Hey Jude.  

But insulting someone's intelligence or questioning their personal values / beliefs is not the same as calling somebody a sore loser.  

It's also one thing to question a large group.  It's another to do so individually like you did earlier with your flimsy passive aggressive approach (saying people with character flaws are often in denial) to myself and another poster.

I think you're missing the point I was sketching out. You were saying questioning someone's intelligence = being a sore loser. That's the comparison that I think is incorrect. Two different things.

As for the rest, I've tried to explain already that while I'm not targeting my general observations at any specific person (in terms of things like the human condition, which almost all of us exhibit to some degree, of not wanting to think negative things about ourselves), I acknowledge that saying "most people who vote for Trump I think tend to be X, Y, and Z" to someone who votes for Trump is certainly going to be difficult to  *not* take personally. But I also see no way around it. I'm trying to be as polite as possible while still maintaining how I feel about those who voted for Trump.  

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1809 on: November 10, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »

I'm sorry Hey Jude.  

I think you're missing the point I was sketching out. You were saying questioning someone's intelligence = being a sore loser. That's the comparison that I think is incorrect. Two different things.

As for the rest, I've tried to explain already that while I'm not targeting my general observations at any specific person (in terms of things like the human condition, which almost all of us exhibit to some degree, of not wanting to think negative things about ourselves), I acknowledge that saying "most people who vote for Trump I think tend to be X, Y, and Z" to someone who votes for Trump is certainly going to be difficult to  *not* take personally. But I also see no way around it. I'm trying to be as polite as possible while still maintaining how I feel about those who voted for Trump.  

Well if we're going to make over-generalizations about Trump supporters then I guess it is perfectly safe to suggest all Muslims want to cut our heads off and blow up our buildings.  Right?  Right?Huh

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1810 on: November 10, 2016, 02:53:53 PM »

I'm sorry Hey Jude.  

Well if we're going to make over-generalizations about Trump supporters then I guess it is perfectly safe to suggest all Muslims want to cut our heads off and blow up our buildings.  Right?  Right?Huh

The analogy that has to be applicable in order to really work is voting for a candidate (or supporting them I guess, since I believe there are several people here who didn't vote and are in other countries).

So, if one voted for a candidate whose entire campaign was centered around cutting everybody's head off indiscriminately or based on their nationality or race or ethnicity, etc., then yes, I'd say that person may or may not want to personally actively do that, but they do support people's heads being cut off for those reasons.

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1811 on: November 10, 2016, 03:30:49 PM »

I'm sorry Hey Jude.  

The analogy that has to be applicable in order to really work is voting for a candidate (or supporting them I guess, since I believe there are several people here who didn't vote and are in other countries).

So, if one voted for a candidate whose entire campaign was centered around cutting everybody's head off indiscriminately or based on their nationality or race or ethnicity, etc., then yes, I'd say that person may or may not want to personally actively do that, but they do support people's heads being cut off for those reasons.

The problem is, not everyone prescribes to the narrative that Trump is an evil, hateful, racist man.  I think he is very flippant and insensitive in the way he says things, which is totally unconventional for a candidate.  And I won't defend a lot of the things he has said or done.  But I think most of us (both supporters and critics of Trump) are much smarter than we put on and can honestly look at the meat of his intentions.  Do Trump and the Republicans support stricter border security because they are vicious racists who don't want Mexicans in the country? Of course not.  The problem is illegal immigration has been out of control and has gotten predominately worse under Obama's lackadaisical eye.  When Trump identifies that radical Islam is a legitimate problem, does that mean he's targeting all people who practice that religion?  No.  But taking the politically correct stance of not even recognizing the term has costed people their lives.  Does Trump want to repeal Obamacare because he doesn't want people to have health insurance?  Again, no.  He's repealing it because it was a broken and implausible system in the first place that has made it even more difficult for people to get the coverage they needed. 

But again, I'm not here to defend Trump.  Bash him all ya want.  Or bash Hillary all you want.  See if I care.  But it is problematic for me to see us painting with an absurdly broad brush when we umbrella people (especially friends and family) as hateful or wrong-headed simply because they support a candidate we do not like or do not have the same world view.  Ironically it is always the people crying for tolerance the loudest that are the most guilty of this. 

Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: November 10, 2016, 03:53:15 PM »

Trump's support was deeper and wider than anyone guessed. Consider his wins in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. (Wisconsin went GOP for the first time since 1984.) You don't win those states unless some Democrats are crossing over.

Hillary's defeat should be a lesson for the Democratic Party. They rolled over to annoint her. The DNC was in collusion with the Clinton Machine all the way through. The superdelegates were a wall designed to stop Sanders and any other insurgents. They ended up with an elitist candidate in the midst of a populist boom of the left and the right. Result? A devastating defeat.

I can appreciate the frustration with the Electoral College but consider this: if abolished, the votes of say California, Texas, New York and a few others roll over the smaller states. Abolish the Electoral College and states like say Delaware, Rhode Island, and North Dakota carry no weight. They are rendered moot, and mute.

We've witnessed 5 anomalies in American history where the popular vote and the electoral college did not coincide. (1824,1876,1888,2000, likely 2016). Get rid of it and the system becomes much more skewed.

I did not vote for Trump, and in some respects he worries me. The guidance of competent professionals is crucial. (Guiliani and Christie, that means you.) My hope is that Donald Trump rises to the occasion for the good of the entire country.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 06:12:26 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1813 on: November 10, 2016, 04:02:38 PM »

Trump's support was deeper and wider than anyone guessed. Consider his wins in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. (Wisconsin went GOP for the first time since 1988.) You don't win those states unless some Democrats are crossing over.

Hillary's defeat should be a lesson for the Democratic Party. They rolled over to annoint her. The DNC was in collusion with the Clinton Machine all the way through. The superdelegates were a wall designed to stop Sanders and any other insurgents. They ended up with an elitist candidate in the midst of a populist boom of the left and the right. Result? A devastating defeat.

I can appreciate the frustration with the Electoral College but consider this: if abolished, the votes of say California, Texas, New York and a few others roll over the smaller states. Abolish the Electoral College and states like say Delaware, Rhode Island, and North Dakota carry no weight. They are rendered moot, and mute.

We've witnessed 5 anomalies in American history where the popular vote and the electoral college did not coincide. (1824,1876,1888,2000, likely 2016). Get rid of it and the system becomes much more skewed.

I did not vote for Trump, and in some respects he worries me. The guidance of competent professionals is crucial. (Guiliani and Christie, that means you.) My hope is that Donald Trump rises to the occasion for the good of this country.

The polling on a percentage basis in this election was actually more accurate than 2012 by many measures. Additionally, statistical websites like 538 heavily cautioned idiots like the Huffington Post people against saying it was a 98.5% (or whatever it was) sure thing.

It didn't take a ton of digging and paying attention to see that this was *not* a sure thing in any way, and while being "surprised" is a highly subjective term (you can still be "surprised" when your terminally ill 128 year old grandma dies), I question how much close attention folks were paying *to the polling* itself (not just watching CNN or Fox News or whatever and getting random polls thrown at you) if they think this election outcome was a mind-blowing stunner.

All of the "surprise" states Trump won had polling numbers that suggested a close race. Ohio and Florida in particular were going back and forth for weeks and months.

In the scheme of life, when you take a step back, this whole thing is indeed stunning and shocking. But in terms of where the numbers were at pre-election day, this was not a huge surprise.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1814 on: November 10, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »

Just to lighten the mood, and hopefully people will find these more therapeutically innocuous than being a "sore loser" or anything, some funny comments of the last couple days:

Which Sliders episode covered this timeline? Season 2?

On what to tell you kids:  Just tell them anything. Tell them the new president is Elsa from Frozen

Canada has just started building a wall.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:32:50 PM by HeyJude » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: November 10, 2016, 04:43:04 PM »

The second joke! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 10, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »

I'' sure you don't believe you do. Just like people who compare Obama to an ape or constantly respond to concerns about law enforcement with their obsession with "black-on-black" crime don't have a racist bone in their body.

Your hallucination of me sounds like a horrible person, but it's not who I am.
The majority of people deny being racist or misogynist, but if you deny the impact of those things in society or on the campaign, you are not able to recognize it outside yourself, so how would you be expected to recognize it inside yourself?

Because he is not being either racist nor misogynist.  Never mind that corruption, scandals, and criminal investigations have followed Hillary Clinton for the past 30 years or that she's often been painted as untrustworthy (which is astounding considering she is already a politician); her critics didn't like her solely because she's a woman! 
How do you explain that unproven claims of corruption, fake scandals and multiple investigations with no real basis have followed Hillary Clinton for the past 30 years?
How do you explain that she was painted as untrustworthy without being untrustworthy?
How do you explain that even the guys on her side on this forum don't really feel like they can be on her side and have to couch it in "though she has baggage" or something like that, even though if I managed to engage them in it, they wouldn't be able to support that with evidence other than criticizing her for things that Obama, Gore, Kerry, etc. have all supported as well (CSM at least is consistent here and is clear that he supports them just as little as Clinton).
I think it's evidence that her critics don't like her solely because she's a woman.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: November 10, 2016, 04:54:21 PM »

In the thousands and thousands of words spoken out against Hillary Clinton I've heard from dozens of conservative commentators including Limbaugh and Hannity, at no point did I ever hear anyone attack Hillary for being a woman.  Never.
hm. Guess you didn't listen to them long enough.
“I don’t need her to drown me in estrogen every time she opens her mouth” –Ana Navarro, GOP Strategist
“In her Iowa round tables, she acted as though she were following dating tips from 1950s advice columnists to women trying to "trap" a husband: listen a lot, nod a lot, widen your eyes, and act fascinated with everything that's said.” –Maureen Dowd, New York Times Columnist
“If Hillary Rodham married some guy named Bill Smith we wouldn't be having this or any other conversation about her. She might be a lawyer someplace or other but she wouldn't be running for president - and wouldn't have been elected to the United States Senate and wouldn't have been picked as secretary of state” -Bernie Goldberg, Fox News
"When she comes on television, I involuntarily cross my legs." -Tucker Carlson, MSNBC
“The cleavage registered after only a quick glance. No scrunch-faced scrutiny was necessary. There wasn’t an unseemly amount of cleavage showing, but there it was.” -Robin Givhan, Washington Post
"I'm starting to worry that when Hillary Clinton travels, there's gonna need to be two planes – one for her and her entourage, and one for her baggage." -Rand Paul, Presidential hopeful
"You all saw the famous photo from the weekend of Hillary looking so haggard and, what, looking like 92 years old. If that's the face of experience, I think it's going to scare away a lot of those independent voters that are on the fence." -Michelle Malkin, Fox News
“What is the downside of having a woman become the president of the United States?” -Bill O'Reilly
“You mean besides the PMS and the mood swings, right...Well, you know, I'm joking. Of course, the main problem I have is if a woman has a female agenda.” –Marc Rudov’s response to the above question
“Shrill-ary: Is Clinton’s problem as basic as her voice?” –Headline by Megan Garber in the Columbia Journalism Review
“When Barack Obama speaks, men hear, 'Take off for the future.' And when Hillary Clinton speaks, men hear, 'Take out the garbage.'” -Marco Rudov (again!)
"It is what it is but it’s patently unfair that male candidates have to bend over backwards to avoid being condescending when dealing with women candidates." -James Joyner, in a column about Clinton and sexism
“Will Americans want to watch a woman get older before their eyes on a daily basis? And that woman, by the way, is not going to want to look like she’s getting older because it’ll impact poll numbers, it’ll impact perceptions.” -Rush Limbaugh
"If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?" —Donald Trump, April 2015
 In a single speech on Saturday, Trump attacked Clinton’s sanity, her stamina, her ability to please her husband, and her own fidelity. In other words, he hit the Big Six of misogynist slurs: Ugly, slutty, crazy, disloyal, deceitful, and weak.
“Don’t you think a man who has this kind of economic genius is a lot better for the United States than a woman,” Rudy Giuliani
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/15/hillary-clinton-press-sexism-media-interviews
"When she reacts the way she reacts to [Sen. Barack] Obama with just the look, the look toward him, looking like everyone's first wife standing outside a probate court," ~ Mike Barnicle (MSNBC) about Hillary Clinton
"[Hillary Clinton] is not called a B-word because she's assertive and aggressive; she's called a B-word because she acts like one." ~ Mark Rudov
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1818 on: November 10, 2016, 05:23:58 PM »

In the thousands and thousands of words spoken out against Hillary Clinton I've heard from dozens of conservative commentators including Limbaugh and Hannity, at no point did I ever hear anyone attack Hillary for being a woman.  Never.
“I don’t need her to drown me in estrogen every time she opens her mouth” –Ana Navarro, GOP Strategist
“In her Iowa round tables, she acted as though she were following dating tips from 1950s advice columnists to women trying to "trap" a husband: listen a lot, nod a lot, widen your eyes, and act fascinated with everything that's said.” –Maureen Dowd, New York Times Columnist
“If Hillary Rodham married some guy named Bill Smith we wouldn't be having this or any other conversation about her. She might be a lawyer someplace or other but she wouldn't be running for president - and wouldn't have been elected to the United States Senate and wouldn't have been picked as secretary of state” -Bernie Goldberg, Fox News
"When she comes on television, I involuntarily cross my legs." -Tucker Carlson, MSNBC
“The cleavage registered after only a quick glance. No scrunch-faced scrutiny was necessary. There wasn’t an unseemly amount of cleavage showing, but there it was.” -Robin Givhan, Washington Post
"I'm starting to worry that when Hillary Clinton travels, there's gonna need to be two planes – one for her and her entourage, and one for her baggage." -Rand Paul, Presidential hopeful
"You all saw the famous photo from the weekend of Hillary looking so haggard and, what, looking like 92 years old. If that's the face of experience, I think it's going to scare away a lot of those independent voters that are on the fence." -Michelle Malkin, Fox News
“What is the downside of having a woman become the president of the United States?” -Bill O'Reilly
“You mean besides the PMS and the mood swings, right...Well, you know, I'm joking. Of course, the main problem I have is if a woman has a female agenda.” –Marc Rudov’s response to the above question
“Shrill-ary: Is Clinton’s problem as basic as her voice?” –Headline by Megan Garber in the Columbia Journalism Review
“When Barack Obama speaks, men hear, 'Take off for the future.' And when Hillary Clinton speaks, men hear, 'Take out the garbage.'” -Marco Rudov (again!)
"It is what it is but it’s patently unfair that male candidates have to bend over backwards to avoid being condescending when dealing with women candidates." -James Joyner, in a column about Clinton and sexism
“Will Americans want to watch a woman get older before their eyes on a daily basis? And that woman, by the way, is not going to want to look like she’s getting older because it’ll impact poll numbers, it’ll impact perceptions.” -Rush Limbaugh
"If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?" —Donald Trump, April 2015
 In a single speech on Saturday, Trump attacked Clinton’s sanity, her stamina, her ability to please her husband, and her own fidelity. In other words, he hit the Big Six of misogynist slurs: Ugly, slutty, crazy, disloyal, deceitful, and weak.
“Don’t you think a man who has this kind of economic genius is a lot better for the United States than a woman,” Rudy Giuliani
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/15/hillary-clinton-press-sexism-media-interviews
"When she reacts the way she reacts to [Sen. Barack] Obama with just the look, the look toward him, looking like everyone's first wife standing outside a probate court," ~ Mike Barnicle (MSNBC) about Hillary Clinton
"[Hillary Clinton] is not called a B-word because she's assertive and aggressive; she's called a B-word because she acts like one." ~ Mark Rudov

Disgusting.

Rush Windbag especially has no room to criticize anyone...last time he did, he got popped for Oxy (which is hilarious considering what the piece of sh*t said previously...read these little cholesterol-laden nuggets of wisdom http://fair.org/extra/limbaugh-on-drugs/).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:51:38 PM by ♩♬☮ Vegan ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: November 10, 2016, 05:28:11 PM »

I'' sure you don't believe you do. Just like people who compare Obama to an ape or constantly respond to concerns about law enforcement with their obsession with "black-on-black" crime don't have a racist bone in their body.

The majority of people deny being racist or misogynist, but if you deny the impact of those things in society or on the campaign, you are not able to recognize it outside yourself, so how would you be expected to recognize it inside yourself?

How do you explain that unproven claims of corruption, fake scandals and multiple investigations with no real basis have followed Hillary Clinton for the past 30 years?
How do you explain that she was painted as untrustworthy without being untrustworthy?
How do you explain that even the guys on her side on this forum don't really feel like they can be on her side and have to couch it in "though she has baggage" or something like that, even though if I managed to engage them in it, they wouldn't be able to support that with evidence other than criticizing her for things that Obama, Gore, Kerry, etc. have all supported as well (CSM at least is consistent here and is clear that he supports them just as little as Clinton).
I think it's evidence that her critics don't like her solely because she's a woman.

Poll after poll confirms the majority of Americans do not consider Hillary to be honest or trustworthy. She is, in fact, a documented liar. Is my conclusion based on her gender or ideology? No, because I reject the scourge of identity politics. She is a corrupt politician who happens to be a woman.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 05:39:45 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1820 on: November 10, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »

Hey, you found some quotes!  Great.  Some of these appear to be taken out of context, and some of these comments come from females themselves!  What do you make of that?  I'm assuming they hate themselves? 

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1821 on: November 10, 2016, 05:52:26 PM »

How about the ones that WEREN'T "taken out of context" and DIDN'T come from females themselves?

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1822 on: November 10, 2016, 06:26:20 PM »

Because he is not being either racist nor misogynist.  Never mind that corruption, scandals, and criminal investigations have followed Hillary Clinton for the past 30 years or that she's often been painted as untrustworthy (which is astounding considering she is already a politician); her critics didn't like her solely because she's a woman! 

Oh come on now.   Roll Eyes

Again, there is no evidence that her sole criticism has ever been her gender.  And all those pithy comments you quoted are the least of her problems. If you had a far less polarizing female candidate running for office and these comments were made I could possibly see your point.  But not with Hillary.  She has far too many skeletons in her closet. 

Here's a little light reading:  http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/here-they-are-hillarys-22-biggest-scandals-ever/
Oh, this too:  http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/tracking-the-clinton-controversies-from-whitewater-to-benghazi/396182/

To completely deny, dismiss or ignore her countless controversies and scandals in favor of the extremely lazy and one-dimensional security blanket argument "They're picking on her because she's a woman!!!!" is just another lame politically correct tirade that lacks any substance or even logic.  I'll give you that there probably are some guys out there threatened by a female President.  But there are plenty of reasons why both Clinton and Trump have been routinely labeled as two of the most unpopular presidential candidates in history.  And they have absolutely nothing to do with gender. 

I am hopeful that one day we will have a female President and I am grateful that it will never be Hillary Clinton.  Oh, for what it's worth I don't care for Obama, Gore or Kerry either. 

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1823 on: November 10, 2016, 06:28:51 PM »

How about the ones that WEREN'T "taken out of context" and DIDN'T come from females themselves?

What about them?  She found some quotes that I hadn't read before.  Good for her.  Do these pithy comments negate all the controversies and corruption scandals that have surrounded Hillary Clinton?  No, of course not.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:30:03 PM by Awesoman » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1824 on: November 10, 2016, 07:12:44 PM »

What about them?  She found some quotes that I hadn't read before.  Good for her.  Do these pithy comments negate all the controversies and corruption scandals that have surrounded Hillary Clinton?  No, of course not.
Do those controversies and corruption scandals excuse those pithy comments?

I'll be frank...I do not like the Clintons. Those comments that were quoted are still inexcusable. 

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 81   Go Up
Print
Jump to: