-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Campaign 2016
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 81   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign 2016  (Read 523025 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: October 21, 2016, 06:40:41 AM »

Keep it Clean with Jardine 2016!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1526 on: October 21, 2016, 06:42:55 AM »

We all eagerly await the Wikileaks dump of e-mails from the C50 tour....  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: October 21, 2016, 06:55:58 AM »

Hacked by Wilson intelligence. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: October 21, 2016, 02:29:48 PM »

Forgot to mention employee-ownership.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1529 on: October 21, 2016, 02:33:14 PM »

We all eagerly await the Wikileaks dump of e-mails from the C50 tour....  LOL

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bluesno1fann
« Reply #1530 on: October 22, 2016, 06:42:45 PM »

At this point I can't see the election results as anything but a landslide for the Democrats. Trump is finished - the writing's clearly on the wall for him and the Republicans.

So no, I don't think this is an election where you have to vote for the lesser of two evils - which shouldn't have to be the case in the first place. Just vote for the candidate that represents your views the closest, be it major party (Clinton) or third party (Stein). There's really no danger in Trump getting in anymore - he's f***ed
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 23, 2016, 05:04:28 AM »

At this point I can't see the election results as anything but a landslide for the Democrats. Trump is finished - the writing's clearly on the wall for him and the Republicans.

So no, I don't think this is an election where you have to vote for the lesser of two evils - which shouldn't have to be the case in the first place. Just vote for the candidate that represents your views the closest, be it major party (Clinton) or third party (Stein). There's really no danger in Trump getting in anymore - he's f***ed
I hope you're right, but it's that sort of "we've got it in the bag- no need to bother" over-confidence that allows for surprise wins. In the end it's not about opinion polls, it's about who shows up to vote.
-which is why left candidates don't win, btw. They always do better in opinion polls than elections. Their supporters don't vote.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: October 23, 2016, 11:19:03 PM »

I hope you're right, but it's that sort of "we've got it in the bag- no need to bother" over-confidence that allows for surprise wins. In the end it's not about opinion polls, it's about who shows up to vote.
-which is why left candidates don't win, btw. They always do better in opinion polls than elections. Their supporters don't vote.

Agree. And most of the battleground States are very close. If you live in one, and that includes Texas, a vote for Stein or Johnson may have a huge affect! 2016 is not the year for a wasted protest vote! It is possible that Bernie might be Senate Majority Leader. Vote Blue whenever you can!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #1533 on: October 24, 2016, 01:11:50 AM »

Agree. And most of the battleground States are very close. If you live in one, and that includes Texas, a vote for Stein or Johnson may have a huge affect! 2016 is not the year for a wasted protest vote! It is possible that Bernie might be Senate Majority Leader. Vote Blue whenever you can!

It shouldn't even be a matter of protest voting - you should just vote for whoever represents your values closest and who's policies you agree with the most. In a true democracy you shouldn't be limited to just two candidates.... this is why America should adopt preferential voting like other nations such as Australia, so that no vote could possibly be wasted.

Also, by all means vote for the Democrat candidates in the House and Senate. That's the real battle that matters. But don't vote for Clinton because you'd feel guilty if you didn't. It's not like Trump has a hope in hell anyway, especially after the debates and the 2005 video leak.... he's a dead man walking
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: October 24, 2016, 07:42:11 PM »

It shouldn't even be a matter of protest voting - you should just vote for whoever represents your values closest and who's policies you agree with the most. In a true democracy you shouldn't be limited to just two candidates.... this is why America should adopt preferential voting like other nations such as Australia, so that no vote could possibly be wasted.

Also, by all means vote for the Democrat candidates in the House and Senate. That's the real battle that matters. But don't vote for Clinton because you'd feel guilty if you didn't. It's not like Trump has a hope in hell anyway, especially after the debates and the 2005 video leak.... he's a dead man walking

I couldn't disagree more! Nader got Bush elected.  Today's CNN poll had Clinton up 5%. Friday's UPI poll had  Trump up 2%.

Stein is polling at 1%. And Clinton might lose Florida or Ohio by a slim margin. You might as well write in your own name than vote any third party candidate!  Like it or not, this is a two candidate election. The stakes are just too high to piss your vote away. Trump just said in Florida he wants to get rid of 85% of environmental regs.

To assume this is in the bag for Clinton and say it's safe to vote for Bozo the Clown is foolish!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #1535 on: October 24, 2016, 10:04:51 PM »

I couldn't disagree more! Nader got Bush elected.  Today's CNN poll had Clinton up 5%. Friday's UPI poll had  Trump up 2%.

Stein is polling at 1%. And Clinton might lose Florida or Ohio by a slim margin. You might as well write in your own name than vote any third party candidate!  Like it or not, this is a two candidate election. The stakes are just too high to piss your vote away. Trump just said in Florida he wants to get rid of 85% of environmental regs.

To assume this is in the bag for Clinton and say it's safe to vote for Bozo the Clown is foolish!

All I can say is that the thousands of Democrats voting for Bush in 2000 did more to get Bush elected than Nader.....
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: October 24, 2016, 10:55:11 PM »

If you check their schedules, Trump has 8 rallies coming up in the next four days.

Now compare that to Hillary. She's got a couple of appearances lined up between now and the election day, and you can bet in each instance her speaking time is gonna clock in at under 30 minutes. Now this tells me that 1). She simply doesn't have the stamina (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8qB2xV2nsM)  or 2). Her campaign knows that the less time she spends in the public eye the better.

I think it's lucky that she has rich celebrities and the mainstream media propping her up, because if she didn't she'd be dead in the water. I'm going to go against the general tide here, and I'm going to predict a Trump victory. I think this election is going to surprise a few people.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:57:20 PM by SinisterSmile » Logged
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: October 25, 2016, 02:28:04 AM »

I hope not.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:58:28 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: October 25, 2016, 07:58:03 AM »

If you check their schedules, Trump has 8 rallies coming up in the next four days.

Now compare that to Hillary. She's got a couple of appearances lined up between now and the election day, and you can bet in each instance her speaking time is gonna clock in at under 30 minutes. Now this tells me that 1). She simply doesn't have the stamina (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8qB2xV2nsM)  or 2). Her campaign knows that the less time she spends in the public eye the better.

I think it's lucky that she has rich celebrities and the mainstream media propping her up, because if she didn't she'd be dead in the water. I'm going to go against the general tide here, and I'm going to predict a Trump victory. I think this election is going to surprise a few people.

You failed to mention the obvious explanation (for fewer events): the more Trump speaks, the better for Clinton. He can't go more than about 2/3 a speech without saying something that proves his ignorance or his lack of common decency. He should've long-since been laughed off the stage as blatantly incompetent for any real office. Clinton, a poor campaigner who lacks charisma, is lucky to have him.

The stamina stuff is crap. She was in a hugely demanding SOS job: stamina she's got. And the presidency isn't marathon-running anyway, except metaphorically. This whole "issue" is just another example of people being steadily fed talking points until they think there's an issue there. Sometimes I can't get over how stupid Joe and Jane Public really are.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: October 25, 2016, 09:26:33 AM »

You failed to mention the obvious explanation (for fewer events): the more Trump speaks, the better for Clinton. He can't go more than about 2/3 a speech without saying something that proves his ignorance or his lack of common decency. He should've long-since been laughed off the stage as blatantly incompetent for any real office. Clinton, a poor campaigner who lacks charisma, is lucky to have him.

The stamina stuff is crap. She was in a hugely demanding SOS job: stamina she's got. And the presidency isn't marathon-running anyway, except metaphorically. This whole "issue" is just another example of people being steadily fed talking points until they think there's an issue there. Sometimes I can't get over how stupid Joe and Jane Public really are.

I don't see how Trump engaging with many thousands of voters in the battleground states could be a bad thing. While you think he should have been laughed off the stage, remember this quote:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

As for Hillary and the question of 'stamina', I remember when concerns of her not being in good health were considered a 'right wing conspiracy theory'. Then the video that I posted came to light. Have you watched it? You can see the people around her seemingly unfazed by her lack of consciousness as she tossed into the van like a rag doll, almost like something similar has happened before. Even Bill seems to trip up when mentioning it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hna30K2zmY. I think the questions of health and 'stamina' are very relevant when you're electing someone to be in power for 4 years.

If you wanna talk about the brainwashing of the public, how about when a 'news' program tells the viewer it's illegal to possess the Wikileak documents, but it's different for the media so just trust whatever they say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcATG9Qy_A
Now if you're open to it, we can go through the stuff in the Wikileaks emails, but that's your call.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:35:14 AM by SinisterSmile » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1540 on: October 25, 2016, 09:32:49 AM »

I wish at least someone would come up with some new or interesting to prop up Trump and criticize Clinton. This is all reruns. The "stamina" thing? Really? After three debates where Trump looked sleep for half of them, and only seemed energetic when insulting everyone?

"Rich celebrities?" Is Trump a guy that should be complaining about economic unfairness?

"Mainstream media?" Trump got literally *billions* of dollars of free advertising running for president (ask the other Republican primary opponents if they feel Trump was the victim of the media during the primaries!).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1541 on: October 25, 2016, 09:34:31 AM »

All I can say is that the thousands of Democrats voting for Bush in 2000 did more to get Bush elected than Nader.....

They're certainly to blame as well (though I'm sure some Republicans voted for Gore as well). Not sure they're much *more* to blame than those who voted for Nader. Nader supporters ended up with someone *farther* away from their politics in office than either Bush or Gore voters did or would have.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1542 on: October 25, 2016, 09:40:21 AM »

As for Hillary and the question of 'stamina', I remember when concerns of her not being in good health were considered a 'right wing conspiracy theory'. Then the video that I posted came to light. Have you watched it? You can see the people around her seemingly unfazed by her lack of consciousness as she tossed into the van like a rag doll, almost like something similar has happened before. Even Bill seems to trip up when mentioning it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hna30K2zmY. I think the questions of health and 'stamina' are very relevant when you're electing someone to be in power for 4 years.

Nah, I'm gonna say it's still a right-wing conspiracy thing.  LOL

And really, if we're looking at things outside of pure policy, then Trump's temperament more than outweighs any health issues Clinton might have (or more than likely she doesn't have).

In the meantime, here's an article worth looking at:

"The 282 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List"
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?_r=0

With that sort of temperament, I'd take any of Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, Bill Bradley, Bob Dole, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Ross Perot, even if any or all of them were incapacitated and on a life support machine, over Trump. They'd do less harm and wouldn't be a case where someone with the temperament and intellect of a five-year-old has the ability to launch nuclear weapons.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:41:08 AM by HeyJude » Logged

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: October 25, 2016, 09:49:08 AM »

SinisterSmile: I'm happy to address any topics or points. But let's be clear that I won't absolve Trump's inadequacy or incoherence or badly behaved adolescence by saying "but Hillary sucks, too!" It's a false equivalence,  and what's more, I'm not a Hillary supporter. Like, at all.

Anyway I look forward to any substantive debate. I'm at work and posting from my phone at the moment, but can properly engage in a few hours.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: October 25, 2016, 10:07:39 AM »

I wish at least someone would come up with some new or interesting to prop up Trump and criticize Clinton. This is all reruns. The "stamina" thing? Really? After three debates where Trump looked sleep for half of them, and only seemed energetic when insulting everyone?

"Rich celebrities?" Is Trump a guy that should be complaining about economic unfairness?

"Mainstream media?" Trump got literally *billions* of dollars of free advertising running for president (ask the other Republican primary opponents if they feel Trump was the victim of the media during the primaries!).

I do think the stamina point is pretty valid. Hillary's been trying to run the clock best she can, she's had nowhere near the rallies that Trump's had and for a while there she spent nearly 9 months without holding a press conference. And I think the stamina (see, I'm getting sick of the word now) point is being used so frequently because there's truth to it and Trump's campaign obviously thinks their's some weight behind it.

Now, for the celebrities, you just know there are big celebs that support Trump that can't show it due to damaging of their brand and the hostility that comes along with it. It'd harm the hell outta their career. Not so much for celebs supporting Hillary, they can scream it until the cows come home.
Also, I haven't seen it, but there was a SNL sketch featuring Tom Hanks as a Trump supporter. I can bet it's not pro-Trump in anyway, and the fact that they used Tom Hanks isn't a coincidence, he's been voted as the most trusted figure in America before. More conspiracies I'm sure  3D

And the mainstream media is totally against him. C'mon, all those billions in 'free advertising' weren't positive, it was a combination of dragging his name through the mud and Trump doing something to control the news cycle. Did you see the second debate, when the female moderator started debating Trump on military strategy? It was honestly 3 on 1, and I believe he came out on top.
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: October 25, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »

Nah, I'm gonna say it's still a right-wing conspiracy thing.  LOL

And really, if we're looking at things outside of pure policy, then Trump's temperament more than outweighs any health issues Clinton might have (or more than likely she doesn't have).

In the meantime, here's an article worth looking at:

"The 282 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List"
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?_r=0

With that sort of temperament, I'd take any of Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, Bill Bradley, Bob Dole, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Ross Perot, even if any or all of them were incapacitated and on a life support machine, over Trump. They'd do less harm and wouldn't be a case where someone with the temperament and intellect of a five-year-old has the ability to launch nuclear weapons.

There's a stack of info about Hillary's health that's out there, we can go through it later, but if you want conspiracies, i'm sure I can cook up a couple of good ones!

I like dealing outside of pure policy, because I don't think this has been an election based on policy.

Now I did have a quick look at the link, and it seems like a large majority of the names on the list are either

1). Political opponents he's had to take down
2). Media outlets

You gotta remember, his twitter has many millions of followers, whatever he says attracts massive attention. During the primaries, he could control the media cycle with just a few tweets. It wasn't by luck that he got to be the GOP nominee, he used every tool he could to get where he is. It's honestly impressive how he's managed to brand his opponents. Crooked Hillary, Low Energy Jeb, Lying Ted, we all know the other ones. You might think it's petty, but the brands stuck.

SinisterSmile: I'm happy to address any topics or points. But let's be clear that I won't absolve Trump's inadequacy or incoherence or badly behaved adolescence by saying "but Hillary sucks, too!" It's a false equivalence,  and what's more, I'm not a Hillary supporter. Like, at all.

Anyway I look forward to any substantive debate. I'm at work and posting from my phone at the moment, but can properly engage in a few hours.

Trump's bad behaviour to me is like Hillary's Stamina to you. I think it's been a bit blown up. Whatever the case, I look forward to any debate.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:28:53 AM by SinisterSmile » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 25, 2016, 12:34:32 PM »

I don't see how Trump engaging with many thousands of voters in the battleground states could be a bad thing. While you think he should have been laughed off the stage, remember this quote:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

If you don't see how Trump engaging with people could be a bad thing, I have to assume you haven't heard him speak. There is the obvious, which is that he offends broad swaths of people--American citizens, mind you, not just those good-for-nothing rapist illegals...--and then there is the should-be-obvious, which is that he doesn't make coherent points. Ever. He can barely create sentences. He mumbles a few points and his followers cheer because they assume he's saying something they'd like, even though what he is saying makes no literal sense and tends not to be practical in any way. Build a wall and make them pay for it? Seriously? It's like a joke, with the unfortunate aspect of being real. Hopefully it's just some kind of Andy Kaufmanesque stroke of genius, an 18-month (or 40 year?) piece of performance art. Otherwise it's just pathetic.

She's old. She was sick. I'm not all that worried about it. And if she gets sick and dies in office, oh well. But as I said, I'm not arguing for Clinton. I'm arguing that Trump is just excruciatingly stupid and generally incomprehensible in matters related in any way to governance or foreign policy. (He's also older, and overweight, and despite what his awesome doctor's note said, he's statistically more likely to die in office than she is. I prefer her VP to his, as well, despite not liking either one. But at least Kaine didn't try to "protect freedom of religion" by legalizing discrimination based on sexual orientation the way Pence did right up until his state faced a massive pullout of major businesses.)

If you wanna talk about the brainwashing of the public, how about when a 'news' program tells the viewer it's illegal to possess the Wikileak documents, but it's different for the media so just trust whatever they say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcATG9Qy_A
Now if you're open to it, we can go through the stuff in the Wikileaks emails, but that's your call.

If I'm not going to stand up for Clinton (as I'm not a supporter of hers), I'm certainly not going to stand up for CNN, which is a clown-car of a media outlet. But this is hardly some mainstream media opinion. Here is the Washington Post's refutation. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/10/17/remember-its-illegal-to-possess-wikileaks-clinton-emails-but-its-different-for-the-media-says-cnns-chris-cuomo/?utm_term=.1443afa47e2d

The WikiLeaks stuff troubles me for a few reasons. First, I am not a fan of WikiLeaks. Illegally obtaining classified or otherwise sensitive information is scary--for everyone. We can rest assured that it's only controversial public figures, until it isn't. What if the massive AOL leak of about 10 years ago had included names as well as numeric identifiers? Huge consequences for many people. We giggle or say it serves 'em right because they're the elites who we know have been fucking us ... except the massive e-break-ins and curated releases aren't some sort of transparency, they're just a different form of narrative (being shaped by different agendas). Some things that come from their leaks are valuable to the public, some aren't, but the basic underlying concept remains troubling. I'm not saying worth wholesale damnation. Just saying troubling.

We also know the leaks over their history have tended to be in some cases doctored. Whether by the initial hackers or someone there, I don't think we know. But it does give us reason to pause before swallowing what we're spoon-fed by Mr. Assange's crew.

As for Clinton's own hacked emails, so far I haven't seen anything all that troubling. Whole lotta "yeah, that sounds about right..."

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 25, 2016, 06:09:52 PM »

Most US politicians don't focus their campaigns on massive rallies for their base. It's not really effective and it gives some people the creeps. Clinton's campaign, like most campaigns, is focused on the 'ground game' - targeted appearances in key communities; recruiting local organizers to hold events and build a GOTV operation; targeted advertising. Most campaigns are aimed at winning an election, not just feeding a candidate's ego.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 25, 2016, 06:18:52 PM »

What about flipping Gary Johnson? He's going to draw 5to 6 percent, burying Stein as far as the third party candidates go.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:30:22 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #1549 on: October 25, 2016, 09:01:03 PM »

What about flipping Gary Johnson? He's going to draw 5to 6 percent, burying Stein as far as the third party candidates go.

Yeah, but he's a Libertarian. Stein's the only genuinely left wing candidate....
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 81   Go Up
Print
Jump to: