-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Campaign 2016
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 81   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign 2016  (Read 523138 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 06, 2015, 11:12:41 AM »

I actually wouldn't mind Ben Carson as the next president - he's obviously an incredibly intelligent man.

Never mind.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 06, 2015, 11:15:58 PM »

I actually wouldn't mind Ben Carson as the next president - he's obviously an incredibly intelligent man.

Never mind.
Yup!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 07, 2015, 04:55:02 AM »

Never mind.
Yup!

Carson's campaign manager must be ready to throttle him.  It was his to lose. 

What is it with these candidates who are on top? 

A dope with a credit card? (Rubio)

A bigger dope with an "I was a punk when I was a kid" story. Although he was probably approached to go to West Point.  Some pol would have sponsored him.

This is just getting very interesting.     LOL
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 09, 2015, 07:21:59 AM »

It's (not) amazing the scrutiny Dr. Carson is getting by the Democrat/Media's alleged (and increasingly bogus) claims of discrepancies regarding his book.  But let's not be so transparent.  Questions about sh-t that happened when he was 13 is PARAMOUNT to electing a qualified lea-dur.

Meanwhile, back at Headquarters, the criminal and convict-able discrepancies of Hilljob Clinton's testimony... well, that amounts to "a good week for her."   LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL

Bizarro World.  Dr. Carson saved lives.  Hillary Nixon kills them -- and sloppily covers up her tracks.  She's way more kwalified.  Duuuuuuuh.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:24:48 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 09, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »

It's (not) amazing the scrutiny Dr. Carson is getting by the Democrat/Media's alleged (and increasingly bogus) claims of discrepancies regarding his book.

Yeah, like that famous Democrat/media-man Donald Trump: "Carson is 'going to have to explain a lot of things away: the scholarship situation, the dinner with [General William] Westmoreland when Westmoreland wasn't there,' he added." That guy's the worst, am I right?

Bizarro World.  Dr. Carson saved lives.  Hillary Nixon kills them -- and sloppily covers up her tracks.  She's way more kwalified.  Duuuuuuuh.
You are so right, BB. Ben Carson saved peoples' lives! That automatically makes him qualified... to... run a country. Yeah. He's turned those stabbing tendencies into helpful ones! Now he'll stab your brain instead of your abdomen. Isn't that what's important? Who even cares that surgeons are the #5 job that psychopaths are attracted to, and CEO is #1 (like, y'know, being the CEO of a country or whatever.) When you add that together with a history of violence as a youth, what do you get? Why, a well-rounded individual. A man of science. A man of science who doesn't believe in science because of the bible and the punctuation therein: "I don't know how old the earth is. It says, 'In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth,' and then there's a period there. You don't know how much time elapsed." Right you are, Dr. Carson. It's impossible to know. Where in the bible does it say "carbon dating?" I dare you pinko liberal commies to find where it says that. Go on, I dare you.

But, I digress. I long to see  Pres. Dr. Carson, the incredibly qualified... life... saving... president.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:34:31 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 09, 2015, 01:58:37 PM »

Cheesy  Who is qualified Bubbles?  Tell me.  Who.    LOL

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 09, 2015, 02:47:25 PM »

It's (not) amazing the scrutiny Dr. Carson is getting by the Democrat/Media's alleged (and increasingly bogus) claims of discrepancies regarding his book.

Yeah, like that famous Democrat/media-man Donald Trump: "Carson is 'going to have to explain a lot of things away: the scholarship situation, the dinner with [General William] Westmoreland when Westmoreland wasn't there,' he added." That guy's the worst, am I right?

Bizarro World.  Dr. Carson saved lives.  Hillary Nixon kills them -- and sloppily covers up her tracks.  She's way more kwalified.  Duuuuuuuh.
You are so right, BB. Ben Carson saved peoples' lives! That automatically makes him qualified... to... run a country. Yeah. He's turned those stabbing tendencies into helpful ones! Now he'll stab your brain instead of your abdomen. Isn't that what's important? Who even cares that surgeons are the #5 job that psychopaths are attracted to, and CEO is #1 (like, y'know, being the CEO of a country or whatever.) When you add that together with a history of violence as a youth, what do you get? Why, a well-rounded individual. A man of science. A man of science who doesn't believe in science because of the bible and the punctuation therein: "I don't know how old the earth is. It says, 'In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth,' and then there's a period there. You don't know how much time elapsed." Right you are, Dr. Carson. It's impossible to know. Where in the bible does it say "carbon dating?" I dare you pinko liberal commies to find where it says that. Go on, I dare you.

But, I digress. I long to see  Pres. Dr. Carson, the incredibly qualified... life... saving... president.

Kiss
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 09, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »

I assume it goes without saying, but just to be safe: there was no punctuation in the texts that eventually became the Bible (until well after they became the Bible). Neither the Hebrew nor the Greek of the original texts included punctuation.

Basing anything on punctuation in the Bible puts a lot of faith into a couple millenia of translators, scribes, editors, and such, not into the god who purportedly inspired the text.* (I won't get into the text itself, which is a whole other thread--though it is one of my main interests, so if anyone is interested in that, I'm in.)

*Depending on how far you're willing to go with inspiration. You might think the god also inspired later such people's punctuation, editing, translations, and so on, though that wouldn't really clarify why there are so many different versions.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 12, 2015, 05:22:56 AM »

Cheesy  Who is qualified Bubbles?  Tell me.  Who.    LOL

Trump said some "magic words" the other day, relating to that horrible VA Hospital system.  He said that any vet should be able to take his/her Veteran's ID and go into any hospital or health care facility in the country and get the best care available, never mind that substandard system they are relegated to.  Music to my ears.  They deserve it. It is about time.   

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 12, 2015, 07:54:20 AM »

VA is what happens when the state runs health care. And people think that if this model is extended to the entire country it will magically work. It must be great living in the fairy land of gumdrops, rainbows, and unicorns.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 12, 2015, 07:59:14 AM »

Cheesy  Who is qualified Bubbles?  Tell me.  Who.    LOL

Trump said some "magic words" the other day, relating to that horrible VA Hospital system.  He said that any vet should be able to take his/her Veteran's ID and go into any hospital or health care facility in the country and get the best care available, never mind that substandard system they are relegated to.  Music to my ears.  They deserve it. It is about time.  

I agree! I would extend your thought and say that any US citizen should be able to do that!
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 12, 2015, 08:25:17 AM »

Trump said some "magic words" the other day, relating to that horrible VA Hospital system.  He said that any vet should be able to take his/her Veteran's ID and go into any hospital or health care facility in the country and get the best care available, never mind that substandard system they are relegated to.  Music to my ears.  They deserve it. It is about time.  

I agree! I would extend your thought and say that any US citizen should be able to do that!
Emily - it is a very sad state of affairs.

What a lot of people don't understand is that if the VA finds any other medical insurance, they hit that policy first.  So, all the care is not free as is the assumption. Quality varies among the different regions of the US.

The VA is full of second rate docs or many uncommitted new docs who are often there to wipe out their tuition loans.  And have no true interest in the medical needs of vets. They have their "other hospitals" (more elite) where they intend to spend their careers.

The parking lots are full of the hacks on the weekdays, who couldn't cut red tape with a scissors if they tried, while thousands have died waiting for treatment.  And are empty on the weekend, except for the very few cars of family members who travel to visit their loved ones.  Cruise by on a weekday and then a weekend day if there is one in your vicinity.  It is a business.

They take the medicare cards and other insurance and are wholly unprepared for the injured vets coming home.   So, if vets health care was absorbed into the private medical system, the state of the art treatments for all maladies, might be better matched and more transparent, than to the VA system which has become the place of last recourse for those who have served and have not had the service returned in kind.    JMHO

At least this campaign season is getting the issue out on the table for some transparency. 
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 12, 2015, 09:27:59 AM »

What a lot of people don't understand is that if the VA finds any other medical insurance, they hit that policy first.  So, all the care is not free as is the assumption. Quality varies among the different regions of the US.

The VA is full of second rate docs or many uncommitted new docs who are often there to wipe out their tuition loans.  And have no true interest in the medical needs of vets. They have their "other hospitals" (more elite) where they intend to spend their careers.

The parking lots are full of the hacks on the weekdays, who couldn't cut red tape with a scissors if they tried, while thousands have died waiting for treatment.  And are empty on the weekend, except for the very few cars of family members who travel to visit their loved ones.  Cruise by on a weekday and then a weekend day if there is one in your vicinity.  It is a business.

They take the medicare cards and other insurance and are wholly unprepared for the injured vets coming home.   So, if vets health care was absorbed into the private medical system, the state of the art treatments for all maladies, might be better matched and more transparent, than to the VA system which has become the place of last recourse for those who have served and have not had the service returned in kind.    JMHO

At least this campaign season is getting the issue out on the table for some transparency. 
I know the deal. I was in the army. If, as I suggested above, we apply your plan for all citizens, then vets and a lot of other people who are just as valuable in life as veterans will be better off.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 12, 2015, 09:59:34 AM »

I know the deal. I was in the army. If, as I suggested above, we apply your plan for all citizens, then vets and a lot of other people who are just as valuable in life as veterans will be better off.
First, Emily, thank you so much, for your service.  I wish I could take credit for this concept but it isn't mine. It is getting a lot of press and social media attention. And, I've spent time with family in the different VA hospitals, both days, nights, weekends, so I've had a chance to make an assessment among about 5 VA hospitals.  I learned recently that the difference between the VA and other hospitals is that it is run by "procurement" and, maybe someone with real business knowledge might be able to explain those economic concepts better. 

Second, thanks for being such a passionate BB fan. When friends of my kids went off to basic (I have two vets.) they got a BB's CDs at their going away party, so when they could use their "electronics"  they would hear the best American music ever.  While visiting one of mine at Army basic graduation, he brought me into the PX and bought me Sounds of Summer- which was a CD/DVD as I remember and he was laughing at the register saying, "I know you have all these songs already," but it was cool for him to get someone he knew I'd love. 

But, I think the vets should come first.  Without them, we would not be a free country.  They've waited at the end of the line too long.  They need to be at the front of the line.  Wink

Thanks again for your service.   Love     
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 12, 2015, 10:27:01 AM »

The Beach Boys bring that peculiar sound of "home" when one is overseas.
Honestly, don't thank me too much, all I did was balance loads. Nothing scary.  Undecided
And every citizen participates.
But I appreciate your sentiments and thank you for them.
And, it sounds like you've got some loved ones dealing with rough medical conditions and I'm very sorry for that.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 12, 2015, 10:31:50 AM »

It's not the government's job to take care of anyone.  Only because they can't.  Neither one of those statements are opinion.  It's reality.  And it's being proven.

For example.. if I save someone's life, by pushing them out of the way of a moving car -- but I get injured as a result, am I owed something?  Was that why I did it?  I did it out of duty -- I acted without thinking, most likely... not an expectation of reward.

Food for thought.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 12, 2015, 10:40:59 AM »

It's not the government's job to take care of anyone.  Only because they can't.  Neither one of those statements are opinion.  It's reality.  And it's being proven.

For example.. if I save someone's life, by pushing them out of the way of a moving car -- but I get injured as a result, am I owed something?  Was that why I did it?  I did it out of duty -- I acted without thinking, most likely... not an expectation of reward.

Food for thought.
I guess the government's job is whatever we define it to be. My definition differs from yours.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 12, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »

The Beach Boys bring that peculiar sound of "home" when one is overseas.
Honestly, don't thank me too much, all I did was balance loads. Nothing scary.  Undecided
And every citizen participates.
But I appreciate your sentiments and thank you for them.
And, it sounds like you've got some loved ones dealing with rough medical conditions and I'm very sorry for that.

The deal with the VA and all those different locations for service is that, they don't have specialties in each location so the vets have to travel, sometimes 50 or 100 miles to get the serviced that they can't get in a facility that handles, or should handle the range of specialties that most hospitals do under "one roof." To get all your care, you have to go to all these different locations.  So a vet could end up going to four or five hospitals to get comprehensive treatment when it should be under one roof as other hospitals are.  

A recent assessment of VA facilities, in the news, had CA (Irvine, I think) at the top.  The New England area was fourth from the bottom.  So I guess they need to become more uniform in service delivery.  

You served and that should not be minimized.  And you got through that rigorous basic training.  That is enormous. Bravo!

And, yes the BB music sounds "like home."  Wink
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 12, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »

Ugh. Basic was the worst.
That's a very good point about the VA system. If a specialty is needed and the local VA doesn't provide it, they should certainly provide coverage for the patient to go to a local alternative. I certainly agree that enforced travel when local alternatives exist is an unwarranted onus. 
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 12, 2015, 10:49:51 AM »

Food for thought.

Bean Bag - lifetime medical care part of a "benefits package" is an "inducement" for signing up for the military. It is a contract.  You put life and limb in harms way to defend the country, and if you get hurt, they have a duty to care for your medical needs.  The VA should not have to be shamed into doing their job.  They contracted to care for vets when they signed up to join the military.  It is the cost of doing business for the defense of the country.  

It is their job to provide medical care.  And, if you "change the variables" and compared being injured in the military to being injured in the workplace, you would get worker's compensation to provide care for injuries that "arose in the course of employment." Employers pay workers comp premiums.  It is the cost of doing business.

And, if you are a Good Samaritan, and get injured, our public policy finds a way of taking care of you if you have no coverage.  It is because we live in a compassionate society.  It isn't winning a vacation, it is caring for a person in need.  We are not barbarians.      Wink
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 12, 2015, 10:54:46 AM »

That's a very good point about the VA system. If a specialty is needed and the local VA doesn't provide it, they should certainly provide coverage for the patient to go to a local alternative. I certainly agree that enforced travel when local alternatives exist is an unwarranted onus.  

And that is why there should be a voucher-type system or a uniform health card that lets them walk into any medical facility of their choice with a doc of their choice.  And it should be as good as the Tri-Care that the Congress and the military "brass" gets.  Wink

Ya, Basic.  You did it!  Wink  
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 12, 2015, 10:59:43 AM »

And that is why there should be a voucher-type system or a uniform health card that lets them walk into any medical facility of their choice with a doc of their choice.  And it should be as good as the Tri-Care that the Congress and the military "brass" gets.  Wink

You've sold me. Ultimately, I support nationalized health care (blasphemy!) but yes, this is something that should be offered to veterans.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 12, 2015, 11:19:51 AM »

You've sold me. Ultimately, I support nationalized health care (blasphemy!) but yes, this is something that should be offered to veterans.
And, like many "contemporaries" on this board, I'm a boomer.  Lots of us became acquainted as kids with the VA healthcare system, when our dad's went there for care.  He went to one VA hospital for one medical department, and another hospital for another medical department.   Wink
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 12, 2015, 11:55:36 AM »

VA is what happens when the state runs health care. And people think that if this model is extended to the entire country it will magically work. It must be great living in the fairy land of gumdrops, rainbows, and unicorns.

Or the land of every industrialized country who have, by far and away, a far more efficient health care system than the malfunctioning expensive privatized mess that is US health care.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 12, 2015, 12:18:53 PM »

It's not the government's job to take care of anyone.  Only because they can't.  Neither one of those statements are opinion.  It's reality.  And it's being proven.

For example.. if I save someone's life, by pushing them out of the way of a moving car -- but I get injured as a result, am I owed something?  Was that why I did it?  I did it out of duty -- I acted without thinking, most likely... not an expectation of reward.

Food for thought.

Bean Bag - lifetime medical care part of a "benefits package" is an "inducement" for signing up for the military. It is a contract.  You put life and limb in harms way to defend the country, and if you get hurt, they have a duty to care for your medical needs.  The VA should not have to be shamed into doing their job.  They contracted to care for vets when they signed up to join the military.  It is the cost of doing business for the defense of the country.  

It is their job to provide medical care.  And, if you "change the variables" and compared being injured in the military to being injured in the workplace, you would get worker's compensation to provide care for injuries that "arose in the course of employment." Employers pay workers comp premiums.  It is the cost of doing business.

And, if you are a Good Samaritan, and get injured, our public policy finds a way of taking care of you if you have no coverage.  It is because we live in a compassionate society.  It isn't winning a vacation, it is caring for a person in need.  We are not barbarians.      Wink

Exactly, we are not barbarians.  We're the greatest, most compassionate nation to ever exist, despite Hillary's shrugging off of the whole debacle that is the VA.  The VA has been a debacle for generations.

Hillary's shrugging off is the point, though.  Only a barbarian would put their veteran's care in the hands of these people.  Haven't they suffered enough?

And I don't think the correct answer is to simply wait for a more compassionate politician to come along and fix it, and make it better.  Government, by the very Laws of Nature, cannot care for it's people.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:19:44 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 81   Go Up
Print
Jump to: