-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:20:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Campaign 2016
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 81   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign 2016  (Read 523120 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2015, 05:47:07 AM »

If it were up to me -- everything at the Federal level should stop immediately.  Yes, I said everything.  Immediately.  Stop everything and return the money to the people they stole it from.

Then we'll sit down and have an intelligent, adult conversation about what we need.  What we really need.  But not immediately.  No, no.  Before we talk -- we need to let the Country have a good, long temper-tantrum.  Followed by a tall glass of calm-the-fck-down.

Then we'll talk.   Afro
Super idea. We can maintain the interstates with used bubble gum, inspect our meat with a coin flip and run the military on donations.
Bring it to the meeting. We'll vote on it. Sandra Fluke's rubber request is also on the table. Tough decisions.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2015, 06:45:19 AM »

If it were up to me -- everything at the Federal level should stop immediately.  Yes, I said everything.  Immediately.  Stop everything and return the money to the people they stole it from.

Then we'll sit down and have an intelligent, adult conversation about what we need.  What we really need.  But not immediately.  No, no.  Before we talk -- we need to let the Country have a good, long temper-tantrum.  Followed by a tall glass of calm-the-fck-down.

Then we'll talk.   Afro

Megyn Kelly is on a vacay...hanging with her kids and hub...good for her... Wink

The dialog is really opening up...a very good thing to combat all this scripted sound bite nonsense...

You are so funny!  LOL

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2015, 11:09:21 AM »

Ben Carson

A favorite of many Conservatives... Ben Carson.  The Doctor.  The pediatric brain surgeon.  The one who told Obama directly to his lyin' stupid face, that his precious Obamacare was an awful idea that took away people's choice, raised healthcare costs and would end up hurting more people than it could ever help.  And it doesn't do much help anyway.

He's about as outside as an outsider candidate you could get.  Calm.  Mellow.  Pleasant.  Intelligent.  Not a politician.  Not anything like a politician. And he's resonating well with Americans.  He articulates the principles of Conservatism -- the idea behind this Country and the concept and benefits of liberty -- and mankind's struggle to achieve it (and politician's desire to take it) better than any other candidate up there.

He would be a fantastic President.  Even without executive experience.  His refreshingly direct, honest and sincere demeanor appeals to the highest minds and purest hearts -- and educates everyone, everywhere he goes.  Of all the candidates, he may strike the deepest chord with me.  A gentle voice with a big message.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:10:57 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2015, 11:20:08 AM »

Megyn Kelly is on a vacay...hanging with her kids and hub...good for her... Wink

The dialog is really opening up...a very good thing to combat all this scripted sound bite nonsense...

You are so funny!  LOL

You bring up a good point.  The scripted nonsense in our political dialog is emanating most from the media.  Almost entirely.  Sure, some candidates seem stiff and scripted.  Jeb Bush.  Hillary Clin-ton.  But it's the media that operates on template.  Robots.  Stifling, generic, predictable.

Outside of direct interviews, I really can't watch much "News."  I can't stand that polling guy Frank Luntz and his insta-polls that he preloads with his expectations.  I wish someone would tell him, we're off the map right now.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »

I actually wouldn't mind Ben Carson as the next president - he's obviously an incredibly intelligent man.
However, I do have a few issues with him:
  • His stance on homosexuals. I know he's come out and apologized for what he's said, but that's what he's supposed to do.
  • His stance on loopholes."I do not believe that the rich are unpatriotic because they take advantage of loopholes..." Should we really elect someone who's cool with the exploitation of loopholes?
  • His stance on taxes. I know he's a very religious man, but are we really going to use the bible as a guide for taxation?
  • His stance on welfare. Like, he just wants to get rid of it? Go think about this some more, Mr. Carson.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2015, 08:35:29 PM »

A loophole is doing something that is neither wrong nor illegal.  But people don't like it for selfish and personal reasons.  That's a loophole.

Worse than a loophole is something that is wrong but still legal.  See slavery or abortion.

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2015, 04:42:42 PM »

The reason I'm actually excited about Presidential politics for the first time in over a decade:

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »

But Trump's rolling along, still leading in Iowa. Picked up a point or something post-debate, despite the media's horrendously transparent and perverted attempt to make Trump's comment about "blood coming out of Megyn Kelley's eyes" about her menstrual cycle. I mean seriously?   LOL

Goodness. The War on Women thing is now embarrassingly juvenile.  Soon the media will be passing notes in class.

You conveniently forgot to include the "blood coming out of her… wherever" part of that quote.

Ooh, her even retweeted someone calling her a "bimbo", how wonderful.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:00:04 AM by Schmubbly Schmaves » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2015, 04:13:42 PM »

A loophole is doing something that is neither wrong nor illegal.  But people don't like it for selfish and personal reasons.  That's a loophole.

Worse than a loophole is something that is wrong but still legal.  See slavery or abortion.

You're making up definitions. There is nothing defining a loophole as "neither wrong nor illegal." Not illegal, yes. By definition, a loophole is not illegal. But also by definition, a loophole is "an ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules." So legal, yes, but inadequate or ambiguous. This is hardly the ringing endorsement of "not wrong." A loophole may or may not be morally wrong. But it is pretty much by definition something that is generally seen by the public as inappropriate. As "inadequate" and "ambiguous." That may well be wrong. It may not be wrong. But it's certainly NOT "not wrong" in any blanket sense.

Trying to define moral wrongs as separate from loopholes seems arbitrary. They certainly may be. But they don't have to be.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »

But Trump's rolling along, still leading in Iowa. Picked up a point or something post-debate, despite the media's horrendously transparent and perverted attempt to make Trump's comment about "blood coming out of Megyn Kelley's eyes" about her menstrual cycle. I mean seriously?   LOL

Goodness. The War on Women thing is now embarrassingly juvenile.  Soon the media will be passing notes in class.

You conveniently forgot to include the "blood coming out of her… wherever" part of that quote.

Bill Clinton rapes women. I mean, talk about no sense of scale.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2015, 07:24:13 PM »

I'm not sure what Bill Clinton has to do with this instance of Donald Trump and his remarks towards women, Bean Bag.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2015, 07:34:18 PM »

You're making up definitions. There is nothing defining a loophole as "neither wrong nor illegal." Not illegal, yes. By definition, a loophole is not illegal. But also by definition, a loophole is "an ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules." So legal, yes, but inadequate or ambiguous. This is hardly the ringing endorsement of "not wrong." A loophole may or may not be morally wrong. But it is pretty much by definition something that is generally seen by the public as inappropriate. As "inadequate" and "ambiguous." That may well be wrong. It may not be wrong. But it's certainly NOT "not wrong" in any blanket sense.

Trying to define moral wrongs as separate from loopholes seems arbitrary. They certainly may be. But they don't have to be.
No, I'm right. People, most often leftists who want to rule people's lives -- and while in the act of doing so, and stroking each other in a self-gratifying manner to celebrate their success in doing the ruling, suddenly realize that We The People just said, "fine, fck you... we'll do it this way" -- and these leftists or Stateist cry and say "loopholes are bad!  Stop them!"  Idiots.

In other words loopholes are the result of the ingenuity of capitalizing individuals triumphing over regulation and in some cases the tyranny of the state. It's the Statists that have us jumping through loops. You can't have a loop-hole without a loop. So, by definition, a loop-hole is a void in logic or intelligence -- or a hole in one's attempt to tell another person what to do. I like that.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2015, 07:37:11 PM »

I'm not sure what Bill Clinton has to do with this instance of Donald Trump and his remarks towards women, Bean Bag.
And I'm not sure what any of this has to do with wiping email servers in a bathroom.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »

And I'm not sure what any of this has to do with wiping email servers in a bathroom.

Gotcha, so this is just a bunch of deflections because you don't have a legitimate excuse for Trump's remarks. And, at this point, how could you? Dude's a sexist ass. Too bad you didn't say something sooner, "Bill Clinton raped people!" could have been a catchy slogan for one of my posters.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2015, 08:04:06 PM »

Gotcha, so this is just a bunch of deflections because you don't have a legitimate excuse for Trump's remarks. And, at this point, how could you? Dude's a sexist ass. Too bad you didn't say something sooner, "Bill Clinton raped people!" could have been a catchy slogan for one of my posters.

LOL  Bubbles, no. Stay on the trolley here. You're deflecting (with reflexes that are two weeks slow). The real issues are not Donald Trump's tweets about Megyn Kelly.  LOL It's not about menstruation and big meany names.

The country's in the toilet. Illegal Immigration. That's been the lesson of the Trump candidacy. It's the "holy sh*t, can we get reals here" slap in the face that our rotten political system needs. Quite refreshing actually. Does this ring any bells?

The second grade formula you're referring to is where you call someone a Butthead then your opponent, let's say that's me, says something like "a-ha! We got him!  Now go apologize to Jesse Jackson, pull down your britches and go on Oprah and explain yourself."  A little uptight, don't ya think?

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2015, 08:36:02 PM »

Bubbles, no. Stay on the trolley here. You're deflecting (with reflexes that are two weeks slow). The real issues are not Donald Trump's tweets about Megyn Kelly. It's not about menstruation and big meany names.

I notice you have this habit of turning people's accusations against you back around at them. "Nooo, you're deflecting!" Talk about second-grade debate formulas. Once again, you're deflecting more instead of giving any meaningful response for what Trump has said. In actuality, I agreed with you at first. Turning a "blood coming out of her eyes" statement into something about menstruation was silly, but then I recently found the full quote and realized that you were being misleading in your post. Perhaps sexism isn't a "real issue" for you, but it is for me.  Seriously, you think I'm slow for bringing up something two weeks old? You just brought up Bill Clinton's allegations!  LOL

Additionally, I don't see how I'm deflecting. I didn't bring up and defend any topics, only to maneuver around actually answering for them.

The country's in the toilet. Illegal Immigration. That's been the lesson of the Trump candidacy. It's the "holy sh*t, can we get reals here" slap in the face that our rotten political system needs. Quite refreshing actually. Does this ring any bells?

No, it doesn't ring any bells. I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Regardless, I agree, this country is in the toilet. People are actually willing to nominate a giant, blundering moron like Donald Trump to president? This has been the lesson of the Trump presidency.

The second grade formula you're referring to is where you call someone a Butthead then your opponent, let's say that's me, says something like "a-ha! We got him!  Now go apologize to Jesse Jackson, pull down your britches and go on Oprah and explain yourself."  A little uptight, don't ya think?

No idea what this paragraph means.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:39:18 PM by Schmubbly Schmaves » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 19, 2015, 03:47:05 AM »

Your tactics are old Bubbly. Donald Trump tweets something you don't like and it's an accusation against me. I may have misjudged you, I thought you were a little more versed in this stuff. This is why I need an intern.  LOL but I still want to help.

I rarely pull this stunt, cuz it's rude, but I'm lazy (sans intern) so you're just going to have to do the work yourself.  Google bimbo eruptions. And war on women. Think about the term "taking the bait."  And meditate on what you just said and agreed with me about "I agree, this country is in the toilet." Emphasis on that last part, okay?

What do you do with all this information? Put it on a scale. On one side, what you're mad about (grrr, he called her a bimbo, and Bean Bag won't agree with him).  And on the other side goes all the stuff you just researched, which should amount to a mountain of trouble.

Lastly, time is a weird thing. And the time to jump on the Trump/FoxNews debate is over. You had to be real quick.  It was quick and most importantly of little-to-no impact. And by not realizing that, you're taking the bait and opening a wormhole to the past -- that you don't want opened. That no one wants opened.  In a game of chess analogy, you would be exposing your queen.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:20:39 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2015, 03:48:25 AM »

The reason I'm actually excited about Presidential politics for the first time in over a decade:

Yep.  A lot of people feel this way. I'm more and more confident that Hilldog won't be the nominee.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:52:24 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2015, 04:28:01 AM »

No, I'm right. People, most often leftists who want to rule people's lives -- and while in the act of doing so, and stroking each other in a self-gratifying manner to celebrate their success in doing the ruling, suddenly realize that We The People just said, "fine, fck you... we'll do it this way" -- and these leftists or Stateist cry and say "loopholes are bad!  Stop them!"  Idiots.

In other words loopholes are the result of the ingenuity of capitalizing individuals triumphing over regulation and in some cases the tyranny of the state. It's the Statists that have us jumping through loops. You can't have a loop-hole without a loop. So, by definition, a loop-hole is a void in logic or intelligence -- or a hole in one's attempt to tell another person what to do. I like that.

We all know I'm wasting time here, but... No you're wrong. What the particular loopholes might be, or any particular loophole being used or complained about, is irrelevant to the definition of what a loophole is. And the definition doesn't state moral rightness or wrongness. If there were some loophole in a law against murder, would you defend ingenuity of the exploiting murderer?

The loophole is just that: a way to get around the intent of the law. Neither the law nor the loophole through it has inherent rightness or wrongness. Exiting cesspool now.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2015, 05:20:00 AM »

We all know I'm wasting time here, but... No you're wrong. What the particular loopholes might be, or any particular loophole being used or complained about, is irrelevant to the definition of what a loophole is. And the definition doesn't state moral rightness or wrongness. If there were some loophole in a law against murder, would you defend ingenuity of the exploiting murderer?

The loophole is just that: a way to get around the intent of the law. Neither the law nor the loophole through it has inherent rightness or wrongness. Exiting cesspool now.
Yes, a loophole might be "technically" legal, but violate the "spirit" or "intent" of the law.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2015, 06:25:31 PM »

If there were some loophole in a law against murder, would you defend ingenuity of the exploiting murderer?
And why aren't there any loopholes in murder?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:27:33 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2015, 06:26:46 PM »

Yes, a loophole might be "technically" legal, but violate the "spirit" or "intent" of the law.
And that's what makes them so natural.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2015, 01:32:41 PM »

So I trust that you believe that every American who owes their citizenship to the 14th Amendment are "individuals triumphing over regulation and in some cases the tyranny of the state"?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 22, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »

I'm voting for Vermin Supreme.  Free ponies for all Americans!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_FvgQ1csE

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 22, 2015, 08:22:37 PM »

So I trust that you believe that every American who owes their citizenship to the 14th Amendment are "individuals triumphing over regulation and in some cases the tyranny of the state"?

No Hypehat, do not trust yourself. You're not informed enough.  You forgot that illegal aliens are illegal. Not loopholes.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 81   Go Up
Print
Jump to: