-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Campaign 2016
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 81   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign 2016  (Read 523060 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2015, 07:58:14 PM »

I did notice that.  Now do Hillary!

I really don't have any strong feelings towards Hillary Clinton, either positive or negative.
You do it. 

America does. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/quinnipiac-swing-state-polls-show-sharp-drop-in-hillary-clintons-numbers/article/2568748

It would really help to actually read articles before you post them. Especially when they say: "Of course this is just one poll (or set of polls), and any trend in these three states may not extend to other states. National polls matching Clinton against Bush, Walker and Rubio do not yet show any similar decline in her standing."

Okay? So she didn't fall in all states, but DRAMATICALLY did in other states.

First of all, you said that "America does". Unless you think that America is all of three states, you must realize that all of America does not feel this way. Even the article you posted says this. Secondly, polls are to be taken with a grain of salt. They don't poll everyone in a state, they just do small sample groups that they hope will be a good representation for the area at large (well, usually, anyway). One thing to notice in this article is that they do not give you the original numbers, so I'm not going to just assume that there was in fact a dramatic fall from what it was previously without actually having something to compare the current numbers to. I see you have a habit of thinking America agrees with you ("silent majority" and whatnot... how do you know how large a group is if it's silent, by the way?), but you'll find they don't.
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2015, 02:44:46 AM »

I shouldn't have laughed at this Private Eye cover a while ago, but I did:

Please delete my account
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2015, 07:16:31 AM »

That was priceless, unreleased backgrounds!

One for you!  Beer
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2015, 08:14:32 PM »

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »

Hashtag Benghazi.

Right?
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »

http://www.ascandaladay.com   Wink

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2015, 09:53:14 PM »

White. Midwestern. Evangelical. Crosseyed. Possibly mentally disabled. Young. Balding.

This guy is PERFECT!
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2015, 10:48:03 AM »

Tell me about it brosif!  He ain't even gay, yo!  A white man, who ain't gay, jus' can't stay.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »

Scott Walker is still unsure whether Obama is Christian

DANA POINT, Calif. — Scott Walker still does not know whether President Obama is a Christian.

Fielding questions at the Koch network’s donor summit here Saturday night, the Republican presidential candidate reiterated the controversial position of uncertainty that he staked out in February.

“You’re not going to get a different answer than I said before,” the Wisconsin governor said. “I don’t know. I presume he is. … But I’ve never asked him about that. As someone who is a believer myself, I don’t presume to know someone’s beliefs about whether they follow Christ or not unless I’ve actually talked with them.”

The comment came at the end of a half-hour question-and-answer session before about 400 of the biggest donors in GOP politics.

Walker wrapped up his answer by saying, “He’s said he is, and I take him at his word.”

Obama has repeatedly professed his Christian faith and attended Christian church services.

Back in February, The Washington Post asked Walker whether Obama is a Christian during the National Governors Association meeting.

“I don’t know,” he said then. “I’ve actually never talked about it or I haven’t read about that … I’ve never asked him that. … You’ve asked me to make statements about people that I haven’t had a conversation with about that.”

Democrats quickly seized on the comment, including former senior Obama adviser Dan Pfeiffer and top Democratic election lawyer Marc Elias.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2015, 02:37:16 PM »

So that's interesting. Walker is unsure whether President Obama is a Christian.

That's okay though, because I'm not sure whether he's a mentally handicapped cross-eyed goon who only parrots what two rich brothers tell him to do or not.

I do wonder though if he's just as unsure whether Ronald Reagan was a Christian. Or Mike Huckabee. The stuff Huckabee has been saying sure hasn't sounded very Christian, but I don't seeing so called "conservatives" doubting his faith.

Sure is odd. I wonder why Walker talks like this...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:56:20 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2015, 05:59:05 AM »

What's your point Jim?   Do YOU think Ted Cruz is Christian?  Cheesy

Walker's response sounds quite reasonable -- to a rather strange and loaded question.  Unless the politician in question wore their beliefs openly, like Huckabee does, I too would say: "What?  I don't know.  Why are you axing me -- shouldn't you axe them?"   LOL

Has anyone axed Obama about Walker's religion?  And if Walker's "I take him for his word" response is mentally slow -- is the opposite is thus wise?  Do you therefore think it's mentally un-challenged to say "I DON'T take him for his word.  He's a muslim."  Cuz that's what you're saying.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2015, 01:53:33 PM »

What's your point Jim?   Do YOU think Ted Cruz is Christian?  Cheesy

Walker's response sounds quite reasonable -- to a rather strange and loaded question.  Unless the politician in question wore their beliefs openly, like Huckabee does, I too would say: "What?  I don't know.  Why are you axing me -- shouldn't you axe them?"   LOL

Has anyone axed Obama about Walker's religion?  And if Walker's "I take him for his word" response is mentally slow -- is the opposite is thus wise?  Do you therefore think it's mentally un-challenged to say "I DON'T take him for his word.  He's a muslim."  Cuz that's what you're saying.

Yes I do think Ted Cruz is a Christian.

Do you think President Obama is? Betcha don't.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:26:42 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2015, 04:21:19 PM »

If it wasn't so horrifyingly sad it would be fall-down funny that, once again, peaceful people who have NOTHING in common and NO NEED for the political class are arguing about which of these loser fearmongers should rule everybody! Get a grip! Is it really possible you have learned nothing from the last, oh, 5,000 years? Governments steal and kill, that's all. Everything else they have ever done is a subset of those two things.
Lets try some voluntary, mutualy beneficial relationships instead of voting for someone to steal your neighbors money to benefit themselves.  I recommend ignoring these assholes and the lap-dog media that shills for them.
         I know, I know...but what about the roads?!

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »

If it wasn't so horrifyingly sad it would be fall-down funny that, once again, peaceful people who have NOTHING in common and NO NEED for the political class are arguing about which of these loser fearmongers should rule everybody! Get a grip! Is it really possible you have learned nothing from the last, oh, 5,000 years? Governments steal and kill, that's all. Everything else they have ever done is a subset of those two things.
Lets try some voluntary, mutualy beneficial relationships instead of voting for someone to steal your neighbors money to benefit themselves. I recommend ignoring these assholes and the lap-dog media that shills for them.

So basically hidden underneath this whole supposed tirade against politics, the bolded part shows you're really most mad about the rich paying taxes to help the middle class and poor.

Duly noted.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2015, 05:56:36 PM »

Walker's response sounds quite reasonable -- to a rather strange and loaded question.  Unless the politician in question wore their beliefs openly, like Huckabee does, I too would say: "What?  I don't know.  Why are you axing me -- shouldn't you axe them?"   LOL

Has anyone axed Obama about Walker's religion?  And if Walker's "I take him for his word" response is mentally slow -- is the opposite is thus wise?  Do you therefore think it's mentally un-challenged to say "I DON'T take him for his word.  He's a muslim."  Cuz that's what you're saying.

I'm sorry dude-bro, I meant that as a rhetorical question -- which was, like, sorta my point n' stuff. Sorry if that wasn't clear n' everything.

Incidentally, I think you're right about Cruz.  High Five

grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »

Lets try some voluntary, mutualy beneficial relationships instead of voting for someone to steal your neighbors money to benefit themselves. I recommend ignoring these assholes and the lap-dog media that shills for them.

So basically hidden underneath this whole supposed tirade against politics, the bolded part shows you're really most mad about the rich paying taxes to help the middle class and poor.

Duly noted.
so hidden behind your altruism lies your desire to steal an other person's money and then claim some sort of moral high ground?
Duly laughed at.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:18:22 PM by grillo » Logged

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2015, 06:49:12 PM »

I'm sorry dude-bro, I meant that as a rhetorical question -- which was, like, sorta my point n' stuff. Sorry if that wasn't clear n' everything.

Well. I'm not being rhetorical. Do you think President Obama is a Christian or not? Why don't you have the guts to answer? If you think President Obama is a Muslim come out and say it bud.

Duly noted.
so hidden behind your altruism lies your desire to steal an other person's money and then claim some sort of moral high ground?
Duly laughed at.

I didn't say I have the moral high ground. Republicans have the right to believe what they want, and I have the right to believe what I want. Last time I checked, nobody is stealing anybodies money though. People send their money to the IRS on their own. No stealing going on.

Also, the American people elect their own government who make the laws. It's not like the government is the huge building walking around that we have no control of.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:42:55 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »

Well. I'm not being rhetorical. Do you think President Obama is a Christian or not? Why don't you have the guts to answer? If you think President Obama is a Muslim come out and say it bud.

Oh, I be bettin' all on black, brosif!!  By the way, what do I win?   3D

Black, as in Black Liberation Theology.  Or in your vernacular, hashtagBLT.  

See, anybody can answer a question.  But are they right?  Sometimes they are Jim.  Sometimes they are.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:50:31 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2015, 10:44:30 PM »

Duly noted.
Duly laughed at.

I didn't say I have the moral high ground. Republicans have the right to believe what they want, and I have the right to believe what I want. Last time I checked, nobody is stealing anybodies money though. People send their money to the IRS on their own. No stealing going on.

Also, the American people elect their own government who make the laws. It's not like the government is the huge building walking around that we have no control of.
LOL. Yeah, willingly send their money...see what happens if you don't willingly send them your money! You'll get to see this nice place called federal prison where all the bad people go because government (people, as you point out) is allowed to kidnap you and put you in a cage if you disagree with them. Yeah, see, they are this magic class of people that morality and ethics don't apply to because..., eh, government.
              Now, since you apparently vote, I can hold you responsible for the massive numbers of civilians your government has killed in their, I mean your, endless wars.Cos, like you said, you pick the guys that do this.
 Genius!

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2015, 11:55:14 PM »

Duly noted.
Duly laughed at.

LOL. Yeah, willingly send their money...see what happens if you don't willingly send them your money! You'll get to see this nice place called federal prison where all the bad people go because government (people, as you point out) is allowed to kidnap you and put you in a cage if you disagree with them. Yeah, see, they are this magic class of people that morality and ethics don't apply to because..., eh, government.
              Now, since you apparently vote, I can hold you responsible for the massive numbers of civilians your government has killed in their, I mean your, endless wars.Cos, like you said, you pick the guys that do this.
 Genius!

Hey, if you have a better system in mind than we have right now, I encourage you to either run for office and try to change things or move to Somalia, where I hear the lack of government makes for a wonderful living situation. Go check it out sometime, you'll love it.

Now, I think government makes a ton of horrid choices, such as thinking we have to involve ourselves in every military conflict everywhere. But as I said, we the American people choose what we want. Even those who don't vote. Because their lack of voting also makes their point clear. So if you dislike the US so much, do what you can to change it.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2015, 06:07:26 AM »

Duly noted.
Duly laughed at.

Genius!

Hey, if you have a better system in mind than we have right now, I encourage you to either run for office and try to change things or move to Somalia, where I hear the lack of government makes for a wonderful living situation. Go check it out sometime, you'll love it.

Now, I think government makes a ton of horrid choices, such as thinking we have to involve ourselves in every military conflict everywhere. But as I said, we the American people choose what we want. Even those who don't vote. Because their lack of voting also makes their point clear. So if you dislike the US so much, do what you can to change it.
Looks like you forgot about my first post already.The System is working fine, exactly as designed; extract resources from the productive class (taxpayers) and accumulate resources for you and your buddies (the political class) with impunity. You think that can be 'fixed'?! I'd have a better chance of convincing the local KKK to stop burning crosses!
 Also, nice 'Love it or Leave it' meme. I suppose, according to you, if someone lived in an apartment building with a known rapist, it would be their responsibility to move if they didn't want to be raped? Or just convince the rapist not to rape?
   It should bve obvious there is no "WE". There is the government, which is people who bully people into doing what THE LAW says, and there are citizens who must obey, or like you said, move to some third world nightmare.
All I am advocating for is peaceful and voluntary interactions. Those are the only legitimate kinds of relationships.When you vote, government always wins, and government is force.
    Look at it like this, If you think people are terrible and violent you cannot have government because the worst people will flock to it. If all these horrible people are voting then you'll get the worst ideas rising to the top.
   And if you think people are generally good, well then why do we even need government?  We can take care of the poor and helpless without the need for a violent, rights violating entity at the center of society. I donate to several charities myself, none of which have ever threatened to throw me in a cage if I didn't give them money.
   At least consider the idea that violence is not the best way to organize society. Voting to take other people's money is theft by proxy, no matter what the intentions. If you take 100% of a persons earnings that is called slavery. What is it called when you take 40% of their earnings? Oh yeah, democracy. And just in case you think I'm one of those evil, rich guys, I make about 30 grand a year.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2015, 06:27:11 AM »

Duly noted.
Duly laughed at.

Genius!

Looks like you forgot about my first post already.The System is working fine, exactly as designed; extract resources from the productive class (taxpayers) and accumulate resources for you and your buddies (the political class) with impunity. You think that can be 'fixed'?! I'd have a better chance of convincing the local KKK to stop burning crosses!
 Also, nice 'Love it or Leave it' meme. I suppose, according to you, if someone lived in an apartment building with a known rapist, it would be their responsibility to move if they didn't want to be raped? Or just convince the rapist not to rape?
   It should bve obvious there is no "WE". There is the government, which is people who bully people into doing what THE LAW says, and there are citizens who must obey, or like you said, move to some third world nightmare.
All I am advocating for is peaceful and voluntary interactions. Those are the only legitimate kinds of relationships.When you vote, government always wins, and government is force.
    Look at it like this, If you think people are terrible and violent you cannot have government because the worst people will flock to it. If all these horrible people are voting then you'll get the worst ideas rising to the top.
   And if you think people are generally good, well then why do we even need government?  We can take care of the poor and helpless without the need for a violent, rights violating entity at the center of society. I donate to several charities myself, none of which have ever threatened to throw me in a cage if I didn't give them money.
   At least consider the idea that violence is not the best way to organize society. Voting to take other people's money is theft by proxy, no matter what the intentions. If you take 100% of a persons earnings that is called slavery. What is it called when you take 40% of their earnings? Oh yeah, democracy. And just in case you think I'm one of those evil, rich guys, I make about 30 grand a year.

See, here's the thing. All of what you wrote is well and good. But you also know that no matter what, people don't like making choices for themselves, and would at some point likely band together to form some sort of government like system. And we'd be right back where we started.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2015, 07:06:28 AM »

LOL. So, the worst case scenario is what we have now? Finally we agree!

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2015, 11:30:09 AM »

These governmental/systems debates are academic.  We've already done it.  The brightest minds, in a unique situation, already came up with an ideal system of government.  It's a necessary evil for mankind to best benefit from the natural need to formulate a society.  Are Big Gulps still illegal in NYC?

With the exception of ensuring the system is applied fairly and to all peoples -- any other ideas about "how to do it better" should be shipped to Greece and need not apply.

However -- ever since the days of the Progressive/Communist/Socialist movement -- many of our less-bright elected reps have felt that they could do it better.  They went to college.  Rrrr.  They read Marx.  And now they want to try things -- a violation of the oath they took.

But I digress...

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2015, 11:42:16 AM »

Bernie Sanders

Believe it or not, I actually have a bit of respect for ol' Bernie.  He's a Democrat who understands where his party is actually going -- Socialism.  As sad and hopeless as that dismal failure of an ideology is -- he admits it.  He fcking admits it!   LOL  And that sort of honesty -- like Donald Trump -- is always refreshing.  It is hard to find these days -- especially on the Left, where seldom they can admit were they really want to take the country.

Socialism of course is a total failure.  The ultimate get rich scheme for a "politician."  But people want to believe.

Other than that, politically speaking, I see Sanders as the vulture circling Hillary's bloated candidacy.  You don't have a front runner (Hillary) if a hundred thousand people show up to a Bernie Sanders rally.  Do you?  Is that true, by the way?  I thought I read that somewhere.  100,000.  Golly.  Anyway... Bernie doesn't have a prayer -- but, as I said, neither does Hillary.  She could get the nomination -- my crystal ball is not as clear as the pundits' seem to be -- but I just don't feel it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 81   Go Up
Print
Jump to: