-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Campaign 2016
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 81   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign 2016  (Read 522945 times)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2015, 03:46:15 PM »

All I meant was I agree with Waves and see them as a hardworking group of people. Not some boogey men of rapists and murders like Donald Trump thinks.
This killer of the woman in CA, had five deportation (removal) hearings and deportations.  Most US citizens never see the inside of a police station or courthouse for a felony or even a misdemeanor in their whole life.

A felony by definition is a crime classification that punishable by a prison term of one year or more, and matched to the crime committed. This was not a string of five misdemeanors, or petty crimes, but very serious crimes.

Since they instituted these "safe harbor cities" criminal illegal aliens could hang in one of those cities and escape deportation, with active arrest warrants for other crimes.  And I agree with Trump on this one.  Kicked out five time and comes back and kills a beautiful young woman.

Enough is enough.
A very interesting "perspective" that often some would disclaim to be on "topic" with the rest of the board howveer without showing specifics on the "alignment" so to speak of these aliens in regards to deportation, active warrants and other crimes, Trump's point in regards to your point, so to speak is almost enough by definition to make a point that only is available to some and not others  LOL
Woodstock - illegal immigration (not the literally scores of legal visa types to live in the US) will be in the mix in a huge way for the 2016 election and will narrow the issues.  

Personally, I find Trump a little full of himself. And that hair!  LOL

But Trump is the only candidate candid enough to put his money where his mouth is.  I'm becoming more interested and I'm a democrat from a family of legal immigrants.  

Trump is sounding less like a right wing extremist and has the money and the platform to get the message out.  He is looking better by the day. He is not afraid to articulate what many others are afraid to say. And some others must agree because he is leading in the polls.

Without knowing what a "felony" is, an informed opinion is impossible.  Felonies are defined by the prison sentence and not the crime.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2015, 03:57:24 PM »

But I am a white person and there are scum-bag killers the same skin color as me. Point is every group of people has its bad apples that break laws and harm people.
This isn't about race; it is about criminal activity.  It is also about health issues.  Disease exposure is color blind.

Yes, scum-bag killers come in all shapes and sizes and races.

We have lots of those criminals already in the States. 

Many think we have enough without more sneaking in after they were thrown out.

Every month the US immigration service publishes a Visa Bulletin with numbers of family-based and employment-based, legitimate applications.  There are many categories. 
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2015, 06:43:33 PM »

Right on Filledeplage, Trump isn't my favorite right now for personality, he's my favorite because he isn't allowing lobbyists to do jack sh*t. He isn't allowing the PC media to self censor himself. He isn't shutting up about serious issues. I hope his ratings only go up, but either way, his duty has already been done. The silent majority is tired of this sh*t, and it's time to make some serious changes.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2015, 08:01:49 AM »

Donald Trump is for Donald Trump. Roll Eyes

That's fine.  Hillary's for Hillary, etc., etc.  But here's my take on The Donald.  Not only has Trump been voicing opinions that others have been eager to hear, he is also showing the passion and desire to do something about it.  Have to admit, that's interesting.  Furthermore, he is proven capable at following through and succeeding.

That's why he's surging.  That's something new at club Washington.  A successful, fearless leader -- asking and demanding -- what so many people in this country have been asking and demanding -- only to be laughed at and called fools by a bunch of know-it-all sophomore frat kids, which gets kinda old.

There's something wrong with a system that's purportedly "for the people by the people," when the elected officials bend people over once they're given their power.  Which is why Trump detractors immediately think of "buttplugs" cuz that's all they know.  That's their language.

Trump is tapping into that frustration. A lot of Americans, I believe a sizable majority, are offended by the notion that basic common sense questions and solutions are somehow uninformed.  That's usually a sign that you're being robbed.

Let me say that again.  When simple questions aren't addressed.  Something stinks.  When someone asks, "hey should we lock the safe?"  And the guy in charge says "no."  You know there's something going on.  When he proceeds to call you "a racist" -- well then, it's time for an investigation.

And honestly, Barrack Hussein O has taken all of this disgust with Government to levels previously unimaginable in this country.  He has been an insanely awful, stupendously horrendous President -- on both foreign and domestic affairs.  Where' the money going.  Do not underestimate the disgust this guy has aroused, regardless of how's he's been able to seemingly get away with it.

So we'll see how well Trump does with all this interest.  I personally think he's pretty adept at handling himself.  He's proven that in other areas.  And I think his concerns are genuine.  He's been consistent, which is a good sign -- a bad sign for those in power.  And you gotta admit, it's comforting to know that since he's already stupid rich -- he's less likely to go crazy on the hotel mini-bar.

Ooo, closer this time, Mr Prez!  Good job.  Hey, how about not sucking at President for 5 minutos.  Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:05:55 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2015, 09:48:55 AM »

to be laughed at and called fools [...] gets kinda old.

Oh, the irony.
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2015, 10:33:53 AM »

After reading posts about Trump I feel the need to say something.

I think Trump is pro-business, and he will use his tenure as president to strengthen businesses.  While many people are starting to support his way of thinking, I still do not think he will win the primaries.  Based on how many immigrants and minorities are in this country these days, with the help of propaganda, I think many, especially minorities, don't support Trump's philosophy of shaping the country (improving infrastructure of businesses, emphasizing border security, etc.) because of these things:

1. His open, free-speaking nature when it comes to sensitive issues alienates moderates.
2. His harsh persona as a celebrity (The Apprentice, his books, etc.) and the media's portrayal of Trump, turns off moderates.  The economic experience with Reagen also indirectly hurts Trump as well.
3. The Republican Party's general stance on supporting traditional values does not win over the media nor minorities and the recently emancipated LBGT community, which also hurts Trump indirectly (by losing business with NBC, Univision, etc.)

He has grit, which I don't see often in candidates and is a nice change, but it will not win him any favors with anyone ultimately.  I think at this point he needs to repair his image.  To do that, he has to learn how to approach issues in a way to please the media.  It sucks, but in today's inter-webbed world, you have to be on the right side of the internet community to get somewhere.

I can address anything if it needs to be elaborated, and I will appreciate a friendly, civil debate.   Smiley
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 18, 2015, 08:10:31 PM »

After reading posts about Trump I feel the need to say something.

I think Trump is pro-business, and he will use his tenure as president to strengthen businesses.  While many people are starting to support his way of thinking, I still do not think he will win the primaries.  Based on how many immigrants and minorities are in this country these days, with the help of propaganda, I think many, especially minorities, don't support Trump's philosophy of shaping the country (improving infrastructure of businesses, emphasizing border security, etc.) because of these things:

1. His open, free-speaking nature when it comes to sensitive issues alienates moderates.
2. His harsh persona as a celebrity (The Apprentice, his books, etc.) and the media's portrayal of Trump, turns off moderates.  The economic experience with Reagen also indirectly hurts Trump as well.
3. The Republican Party's general stance on supporting traditional values does not win over the media nor minorities and the recently emancipated LBGT community, which also hurts Trump indirectly (by losing business with NBC, Univision, etc.)

He has grit, which I don't see often in candidates and is a nice change, but it will not win him any favors with anyone ultimately.  I think at this point he needs to repair his image.  To do that, he has to learn how to approach issues in a way to please the media.  It sucks, but in today's inter-webbed world, you have to be on the right side of the internet community to get somewhere.

I can address anything if it needs to be elaborated, and I will appreciate a friendly, civil debate.   Smiley

The selected statement above, highlights where the rest of your analysis comes up a little short for me.  What if, they already feel this way?

You said -- they're starting to support his way of thinking.  What we're saying is -- we're hearing people say things like "finally."  You're either overlooking that detail or excluding it on purpose.  It's worth inclusion.

Here's why -- the Republican Party has given their base McCain and Romney.  And now Jeb.  Jeb says things like, "he knows how to handle the base."  Tell them what they want to hear, I suppose.  So they don't get cranky, I assume.  Imagine that -- Inside the GOP boardroom, someone's concerned that they're not speaking to their base.

Doesn't mean Trump wins.  But it does mean McCain and Romney didn't.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:12:40 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 18, 2015, 09:49:32 PM »

The selected statement above, highlights where the rest of your analysis comes up a little short for me.  What if, they already feel this way?

You said -- they're starting to support his way of thinking.  What we're saying is -- we're hearing people say things like "finally."  You're either overlooking that detail or excluding it on purpose.  It's worth inclusion.

Here's why -- the Republican Party has given their base McCain and Romney.  And now Jeb.  Jeb says things like, "he knows how to handle the base."  Tell them what they want to hear, I suppose.  So they don't get cranky, I assume.  Imagine that -- Inside the GOP boardroom, someone's concerned that they're not speaking to their base.

Doesn't mean Trump wins.  But it does mean McCain and Romney didn't.

Thank you for bringing this up.  I overlooked this detail due to an unconscious bias. It was an oversight if you will. To tell the truth, I need to do more research on political strategies like what you illustrated. I sometimes have trouble understanding what drives moderate voters to pick a political side. I was trying to assess Trump's position as perceived by common media, and how it changes the moderates outlook on how good or evil they think he is.

Alas, the media isn't winning Trump too many favors. Even he admits being a candidate is bad business.

I believe if Republicans feel he is ready to take the helm and instill hope to conserving more traditional values, they will most likely vote for him compared to the others because he is more vocal and connective to voters. I'll stay tuned on what Trump offers to recap my analysis. My apologies for not being informed enough.

If Democrats are worried he might have a chance at winning, they will do everything they can to make him look bad. They probably see him as a sinking ship, taking the hopes of the Republican Party with it. At this point, the media is on this side, according to the internet. This might raise some flags, but unless I'm reading a bias report, many see his campaign as a joke...

Hopefully I've addressed everything, but the point is: in the primaries, to win, you need an established base on your side with the support of minorities, moderates, etc. Trump does not have this yet and is currently bruising the Republican Party. Something needs to get resolved and the harsh image of Trump needs to change if he wants to win neutral voters.

Let the sparks fly.  Grin
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2015, 08:08:35 PM »

Doesn't mean Trump wins.  But it does mean McCain and Romney didn't.

Thank you for bringing this up.  I overlooked this detail due to an unconscious bias. It was an oversight if you will. To tell the truth, I need to do more research on political strategies like what you illustrated. I sometimes have trouble understanding what drives moderate voters to pick a political side. I was trying to assess Trump's position as perceived by common media, and how it changes the moderates outlook on how good or evil they think he is.

Alas, the media isn't winning Trump too many favors. Even he admits being a candidate is bad business.

I believe if Republicans feel he is ready to take the helm and instill hope to conserving more traditional values, they will most likely vote for him compared to the others because he is more vocal and connective to voters. I'll stay tuned on what Trump offers to recap my analysis. My apologies for not being informed enough.

If Democrats are worried he might have a chance at winning, they will do everything they can to make him look bad. They probably see him as a sinking ship, taking the hopes of the Republican Party with it. At this point, the media is on this side, according to the internet. This might raise some flags, but unless I'm reading a bias report, many see his campaign as a joke...

Hopefully I've addressed everything, but the point is: in the primaries, to win, you need an established base on your side with the support of minorities, moderates, etc. Trump does not have this yet and is currently bruising the Republican Party. Something needs to get resolved and the harsh image of Trump needs to change if he wants to win neutral voters.

Let the sparks fly.  Grin

ah yes... I see what you're trying to saying now.  No worries.  Winning moderates, yes.  Ok, so the fault here is giving it too much analysis!  Grin  There really isn't a whole lot of logic or political philosophies governing moderates.  By definition.  People think there is and they get paid a lot of money to mis-advise candidates.

But the way to win moderates is to unapologetically lead.  Moderates are attracted like iron shavings to a magnet, to somebody who isn't moderate.  It's really simple.  However, the opposite is what's practiced by political advisors and the like.  There's a whole political world devoted to how to appeal to people but not offend these people.

It's kinda funny -- to watch a bunch of grown men (and occasionally a woman or two), walk around a stage like game-pieces in that vibrating football game, where the players just vibrate around, bumping into each other real slow.  I can hear them exclaiming "I'm not for anything."  "Well, I'm for less."  "No, I'm for less than that."  That's how I assume it goes.

Anyway, I'm not worried about winning moderates.  However, I do believe the Left's candidates have to worry about that sort of stuff -- which is the origin of the practice.  Leftists can't be as open and honest about what they really want to do, or where they really want to lead.  And all these high-priced advisors attend the same parties.  So the practice has spilled over.

But I don't believe it's necessary.  To say this, that way, to appeal to moderates.  Say that to appeal to minorities.  Or women.  Or whatever.  It's identity politics.  And I just don't believe in it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:12:44 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2015, 08:30:07 AM »

It's identity politics.  And I just don't believe in it.

You don't do you?

Okay then. I recall Ted Cruz saying the following quote recently."I grew up listening to classic rock, and I’ll tell you sort of an odd story: My music taste changed on 9/11. And it’s very strange. I actually intellectually find this very curious. But on 9/11, I didn’t like how rock music responded. And country music collectively, the way they responded, it resonated with me. And I have to say, it just is a gut-level. I had an emotional reaction that says, these are my people. So ever since 2001, I listen to country music. But I’m an odd country music fan, because I didn’t listen to it prior to 2001."

That, to me, surely reeks of identity politics. He's trying to pander to those hickish, "I lurrrve Amurrcca", "put a boot in yer ass it's the American way" morons who only listen to "patriotic, Christian" music like Blake Shelton or Toby Keith and only watch "moral, Christian" shows like 19 Kids and Counting. He knows what he's doing, and he's doing it on purpose. And its very, very crass. Especially cuz I'd say it's pretty fair that "rock" music responded pretty damn well, with stuff like The Concert for New York City. Weird that Ted didn't think that was a good response.

Or how about all the weasely GOP candidates going to Iowa and putting on leather jackets and acting all "biker-y"? I always find it hilarious to watch these khakified stuffed shirts throw on their jeans and a leather jacket and try to act like what they perceive is "hip." Absolutely love it. But nah, that's not identity politics either.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:53:31 AM by sweetdudejim » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2015, 06:08:17 AM »

It's identity politics.  And I just don't believe in it.

You don't do you?

No.  I don't.  But isn't it silly? -- the whole selling of oneself to an audience?  Kind of like someone's first day on the SmileySmile.net -- "hey guys, I'm a Beach Boy fan for a long time."  Or at a job interview where you have to say "I'm good at this and that."  I hate those awkward first days...

But what I'm talking about is substantive.  Like how Obama blabbers about black lives mattering, while the Planned Parenthood organization (that he blesses) slaughters black babies by the truckload.  An organization that wears a soft, caring, medical face -- that gets busted talking about needing a “less crunchy” technique to extract “whole specimens” (formerly known as 'human beings') so they can sell'em to buy "a Lamborghini."  Then telling these poor frightened young girls, "it's their right and we're protecting you!" Protecting them from what -- who knows.  Roll Eyes

"Thank you, Planned Parenthood. God bless you."  Barrack Hussein Obama

Saying one thing and doing another.  You can keep your healthcare... knowing full well you want them off their care so Gov't can take over.  Telling people what you know they need to hear -- to allow you too plow'em in the behind.  Duplicitous and scheming, to hide what you're really doing.  That's what I'm referring to -- telling your hardcore supports, we'll get to single payer.  Then telling "the people" you can keep your doctor.  As Gruber said "chalk it up to the stupidity of the American people."  I could go on and on...

Obama supports infanticide, but acts upset when a black kid is murdered.  Only if the assailant is white (or a white Hispanic) does Obama show up.  So he can use it as a political wedge to guilt dumb whites.  Gang-related black-on-black murders, which happens by the truckload, not so important.  Black lives don't matter.  Especially if they're in the womb.  Or born alive after a failed abortion attempt.  Crush their skull, right Obama!?  Right.  He voted YES for "partial birth" abortions.  Sick.  I could go on and on...

But, yeah, Scott Walker riding Harleys... OMG!!!  just unbelievable!  I know he's big into Harley's... but, the audacity!   Angry  LOL LOL LOL

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:26:59 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2015, 07:47:23 AM »

Bean Bag - things are certainly heating up.  People are so frustrated. Trump made a huge mistake with his comment about the POW's.  Was it a "flip remark" as his PR people would have the public believe?

Yet, he is climbing in the polls.  He seems to be saying what people want to hear about outsourcing jobs and bringing back outsourced industry and product lines into the US.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »

Bean Bag - things are certainly heating up.  People are so frustrated. Trump made a huge mistake with his comment about the POW's.  Was it a "flip remark" as his PR people would have the public believe?

Yet, he is climbing in the polls.  He seems to be saying what people want to hear about outsourcing jobs and bringing back outsourced industry and product lines into the US.

It's very interesting.  Trump is unapologetic, which right there, takes away the Left's biggest weapon (of late) for retaining their power.  They've been getting fat off that one for years.  Guilting people:  We should be ashamed of our country.  We should be ashamed of success.  We should be ashamed of our race.  We should be ashamed of our gender.  It's good when people mutilate themselves so they can pretend they're a different gender -- cuz God did that to you, and what does He know about making you a man.  If you wanna be a woman, WHACK! now you're a hero!!  If you wanna marry yourself GOOD for you.  We've emancipated you.  I now pronounce you Husband and Husband.   LOL LOL LOL

None of this ever worked on me, or most of the people I run into in life, for that matter.  Personally I'm proud of everything... ashamed of liberal stupid morons, sure... but they're funny to point at and laugh at and make fun of.  That's why God made liberals I figure.  I suspect Donald Trump is also similar in this regard -- immune to liberal shame tactics.  The Republican Party laps it up like the sorry little runts they are.  McCain, etc.  But Trump appears to enjoy it like me.  I don't know if he and I agree on the details of this or that... but who does agree on details in this life.  I just like that there's someone smacking the Liberal/Leftist Media-types around for a change.  I wonder if they'll figure it out?

Good TV!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:20:14 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2015, 12:39:50 PM »

Scott Walker

Just the mention of his name, Scott Walker, causes liberal's to run to their nearest Planned Parenthood clinic for a procedure.  Simply put, Scott Walker stood up firmly against the nastiest of the nasty Left-wing power brokers:  Big Unions.  Not only that, but the mother of all Big Unions -- The "Teacher's" Union.  The very ones destroying our children's future so they can retire, unsuccessful, at 55, while the State goes broke and the rest of us work till were dead in the ground to pay for them.  Nice people.   LOL  But one cannot overstate this achievement.  He survived recall elections, death threats and the full pressure from THE BIG MONEY in the Demorat Party.  I mean, this is huge.  Huge.  Trust me.

Anyway, Walker is calm, confident, and likable.  And that's why he's such a threat.  People in a Demorat Blue State... backed him.  He's not drastic or "frightening" to your average moderate mutton-head (sorry, having too much fun today).  He just smiles and says "we're not gonna do that.  We're gonna do this."  Needless to say, I think Scott Walker represents a strong candidate.  He may not be making the big waves that Trump makes.  But he's high on the list of the base voters.  He would destroy Hill-Dog.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:09:49 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2015, 12:41:22 PM »

Bean Bag - things are certainly heating up.  People are so frustrated. Trump made a huge mistake with his comment about the POW's.  Was it a "flip remark" as his PR people would have the public believe?

Yet, he is climbing in the polls.  He seems to be saying what people want to hear about outsourcing jobs and bringing back outsourced industry and product lines into the US.

It's very interesting.  Trump is unapologetic, which right there, takes away the Left's biggest weapon (of late) for retaining their power.  They've been getting fat off that one for years.  Guilting people:  We should be ashamed of our country.  We should be ashamed of success.  We should be ashamed of our race.  We should be ashamed of our gender.  It's good when people mutilate themselves so they can pretend they're a different gender -- cuz God did that to you, and what does He know about making you a man.  If you wanna be a woman, WHACK! now you're a hero!!  If you wanna marry yourself GOOD for you.  We've emancipated you.  I now pronounce you Husband and Husband.   LOL LOL LOL

None of this ever worked on me, or most of the people I run into in life, for that matter.  Personally I'm proud of everything... ashamed of liberal stupid morons, sure... but they're funny to point at and laugh at and make fun of.  That's why God made liberals I figure.  I suspect Donald Trump is also similar in this regard -- immune to liberal shame tactics.  The Republican Party laps it up like the sorry little runts they are.  McCain, etc.  But Trump appears to enjoy it like me.  I don't know if he and I agree on the details of this or that... but who does agree on details in this life.  I just like that there's someone smacking the Liberal/Leftist Media-types around for a change.  I wonder if they'll figure it out?

Good TV!!
Well Bean Bag - if Trump is keeping his "eyes on the prize" for the election purposes, he would do well to use a filter. That POW statement was over the top horrendous. This appears to be his first election, so he is being baptized by fire.  It is always a shame when a candidate who is otherwise good, implodes on a gaffe such as his.  Good info always can defeat shame tactics and bullying.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2015, 01:17:16 PM »

I'm fine with the comment Trump made, personally, because I know the context of his point.  It was edgy for sure and I wouldn't have said it or even thought of it like that, but I know why he said it.  It was about McCain -- who's known more for riding the coattails of his military service than all the years he spent wiping his azz with Conservatives, the Constitution -- and sucking up to the media and the Demorats and selling us out.  Oh and losing elections and criticizing the base.  He sucks.  He's despised by the people in the base.  His time spent in a POW camp was crushing and one hell of a sacrifice.  But outside of that, McCain's a poster child for the lame-o loser Republican Party.   Just like Mitch McConnell.  The base wants them gone.

So that's the bulk of McCain's worth -- his POW status.  That's it.  And Trump was correctly dismissing the attempt to negate this point when the moderator brought up -- on queue -- the POW thing.  "But, but... he's a POW."  So Trump reacted.  Quickly brushed it aside, since it was not the topic.  Which it wasn't.  It had nothing to do with what they were discussing, and was used to defeat Trumps correct analysis.  So Trump made a "Don't through that in my face" comment, so to speak.  Too far, sure.  But McCain is a loser -- so, don't change the subject, is what Trump was correctly doing.

Regardless of how it sounds in our sound-bite media cycle - I don't believe for a second that Trump now hates Vets and POWs.  That's silly.  We all know Donald Trump is unfiltered.  You can't have it both ways, I suppose.  People's feelings will get hurt from time to time.  But he's not running a campaign on discrediting Vets.  Nor does he hate Mexicans.  And when he attacks Hillary, it's not because he hates women.  But that's next.  Bet on it.

Now, on the other hand.  I won't be waiting breathlessly for the media and Republicans to demand McCain apologize to Trump's supporters when McCain called them "crazies."   LOL  But that's how the politics of being offended works.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:18:19 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2015, 04:19:46 PM »

Okay, guys, to be honest, I'm coming around on ol' Donald. And, actually, as an apology, I wanted to make some campaign slogans for the future of this campaign. So, anyway, here we go:

Okay, okay, so maybe this wasn't the smartest thing for Donald Trump to say, but I say let's embrace it. Let's take it back for ourselves. We should all admit it, prisoners of war are losers. I mean, like, why couldn't you have been as good as the ones who weren't captured? Then, all you had to do was sit around and relax in a cell while your buddies were back there fighting. Let's not apologize for saying this, either. Hold strong, team. Maybe we offended some people (maybe all of the people) and hurt some feelings, but feelings are icky. Plus, it would ruin the whole "anti-PC" thing that's bringing us a ton of attention. This illusion of "he's speaking his mind, he's different" rests on the shoulders of people not realizing that "being anti-PC" is just another strategy to appeal to the voters. Ssshhhhhh.

Here's one to fight those nay-sayers. "Who cares about the billions of dollars worth of debts that my companies have accumulated, forcing me to apply for multiple bankruptcies? I was forced out of half of my ownership on the Taj Mahal hotel and casino, give up my salary for the Trump Plaza Hotel, surrendered my control of Trump Hotel and Casino Resorts, and was forced to resign as the chairman of the board for Trump Entertainment Resorts - but, like, so what?" Actually, here's how we do this. When he was settling the debts for the Taj Mahal hotel and casino, he had to sell his yacht and airplane! See? He can relate to the common man. We don't have yachts or airplanes, either. He understands us. Plus, the guy's never actually filed for bankruptcies himself, he's just always saddled his corporations with the debt. That's not a terrible omen, is it? Of course not. He's a great leader. No matter how many companies he takes down, the guy still has billions of dollars. That is a smart man right there.

Honestly, this one doesn't even need a caption. This is our glamour shot. This will attract all the women and gay men (we're not entirely okay with the latter, but we'll have to deal with it for now) that are looking for the prettiest candidate. Plus, we won't even have to wrack our brains to rationalize something he said. And just look at those lips. It's like he's kissing America. Well, everyone except POWs. Still, this one's patriotic.

I mean, look, we don't have to use this one. I just happen to think this one will reel in all those young, dumb voters. Kids are dumb, right? Yeah, I think so, too. Anyway, here we see Trump, the thinking man. When he's not thinking about how to run another corporation into the ground, he's thinking about contemporary philosophical questions. Think about it: contemporary internet stuff + thinking. That's, like, what college kids do, right? Think about all the college kids we could harvest, guys.

Perhaps this wasn't the most tactful remark from Donald Trump, but who even cares? I'm not Mexican, are you? However, we assume some of them (maybe six or seven) are good people. Listen to this, though: how many presidents have attempted to maintain positive relations with other countries? Like, all of them? THAT'S SO BORING NOW. Let's try just insulting all of them, see what happens. What's Mexico gonna do about it? Attack us? Well, how do they plan to do that after we've destroyed their economy by making them build and pay for a giant wall across the boarder? You know what, I'd like to see them try to get over that wall. It's gonna be tall as sh*t.

Okay, so, obviously this one is wishful thinking. He hasn't actually announced a running mate yet, but we can always talk about what we'd like to see to happen, right? So, here's a riddle, and I'd like for you all to guess the answer: "what's better than one Trump?" I'll give you a minute. Another minute? Okay. No, the answer isn't "zero Trumps", you liberal, it's "TWO Trumps!" I know it's actually a little vague. Like, which one is running for president? But, I'd like to counter with: "does it even matter?" A Trump is a Trump, chump. Look, it even has a built in taunt to Mexico! Yeah, go ahead and try me, Mexico. Kiss my "feature on the back". You know what it is... it's his ass. This is the future of America, people - let's elect a man who has his own action figure! It's basically the closest we're going to get to electing Superman, right?

If anyone has any ideas about how to make one for that whole "Chinese manufacturing is bad for America, but I go ahead and have China manufacture my products because it's cheaper" deal, please PM me. Maybe we could make it about the Mexicans? There's probably a lot of Mexicans in the manufacturing business. We don't need that. That's gross. What if they rape our clothing products?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:27:32 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »

Lock the thread! Josh just won it!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2015, 09:20:45 PM »

Love it Bubbly!  Trump has a way of bringing it out in everybody.

Before this all started... I was telling some liberal family members of mine, "guys watch out for Donald Trump."  They immediately threw their heads back in a typical deflecting fashion. I decided not to say another word, other than to remind them... "guys... he's charismatic, you better watch out."  Before I could finish saying that an even more emphatic "gasp" filled the room.  And right there, I knew it.  It was going to be even better than I thought!

Rock!

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2015, 10:29:48 PM »

Love it Bubbly!

I thought you might appreciate it.
I hope you'll notice I didn't even mention his hair once.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2015, 06:57:54 AM »

I did notice that.  Now do Hillary!

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »

I really don't have any strong feelings towards Hillary Clinton, either positive or negative.
You do it. 
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2015, 02:52:17 PM »

I really don't have any strong feelings towards Hillary Clinton, either positive or negative.
You do it. 

America does. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/quinnipiac-swing-state-polls-show-sharp-drop-in-hillary-clintons-numbers/article/2568748

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »

You do it. 

America does. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/quinnipiac-swing-state-polls-show-sharp-drop-in-hillary-clintons-numbers/article/2568748

It would really help to actually read articles before you post them. Especially when they say: "Of course this is just one poll (or set of polls), and any trend in these three states may not extend to other states. National polls matching Clinton against Bush, Walker and Rubio do not yet show any similar decline in her standing."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:14:28 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »

You do it. 

It would really help to actually read articles before you post them. Especially when they say: "Of course this is just one poll (or set of polls), and any trend in these three states may not extend to other states. National polls matching Clinton against Bush, Walker and Rubio do not yet show any similar decline in her standing."

Okay? So she didn't fall in all states, but DRAMATICALLY did in other states.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 81   Go Up
Print
Jump to: