-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Campaign 2016
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 81   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Campaign 2016  (Read 523128 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2015, 03:14:54 PM »

Democrat Party

Hey Tea Bagger, er...Bean Bag. Whatever your name is.

The name of the party is the Democratic Party.

You might think it's cute and funny cuz Rush and Mark Levin do it, but it's pretty childish.

Not that I'm surprised since you're the thing that calls the Supreme Court an "unelected bunch of lawyers" when they decide gay marriage is constitutional, but thinks they are  sober, intelligent, constitutional scholars and defenders of liberty when they hand picked Dubya to be president in 2000.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2015, 04:56:09 PM »

I love the Supreme Court ruling with Obamacare. They just opened a whole new can of worms. Now every state would have to recognize a license to carry firearms, a prostitution license, and so on.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2015, 09:44:33 PM »

Democrat Party

You might think it's cute and funny cuz Rush and Mark Levin do it, but it's pretty childish.

Not that I'm surprised since you're the thing that calls the Supreme Court an "unelected bunch of lawyers" when they decide gay marriage is constitutional, but thinks they are  sober, intelligent, constitutional scholars and defenders of liberty when they hand picked Dubya to be president in 2000.

LOL  What's up brother!

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2015, 07:47:06 AM »

I didn't say all Republicans are racists. What I said is that none of the major contenders for the GOP nomination were willing to acknowledge the Charleston incident was an act based on madness and race hatred, when the shooter himself said as much. Why not? You tell me.

I'm from a long line of Republicans. My dad, his dad & mom, their parents, etc. I voted for Ronald Reagan, Bob Dole, and John McCain. All good men. Once voted for George W Bush. That was a mistake I did not repeat. In ideological terms, I am more or less a Liberal Republican who reveres Dwight D Eisenhower, thinks Nelson Rockefeller might have made a good president, respects Bush the elder, and has a few nice things to say about Richard Nixon as well.

Having said that, the dominant strand of today's GOP is rather sickening IMO. FOX News and Rush Limbaugh have harmed the GOP more than any Democrat ever could. The GOP must either evolve or join the Whigs in the dustbin of history.

Fair enough.  Actually, I didn't mean to attack your observation (it's quite relevant) but it fed into the emerging media/Demorat template of "Republicans: are they ALL racists?  Or just some?  See their response, at 11"  It's not only one of those "try to disprove a negative" traps for Republicans if they don't respond correctly (which is nearly impossible), but it's really all that the media/demorats have going for themselves in 2016.
Bean Bag - your posts crack me up!   LOL

All Republicans are not racists any more than all Democrats are left leaning communists. 

Lots of Dems are moderates; some even conservative in thinking. 

The broad brush doesn't work any longer.  Wink
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2015, 07:29:33 PM »

The broad brush doesn't work any longer.  Wink

That doesn't explain this:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/27/gawker-wins-gay-marriage-with-grace-fk-you-you-are-all-aholes/

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2015, 06:24:20 AM »

Think I explained that poorly.  What I meant is that there are many varieties of both Demmies and Republicans. And no hard and fast rule for party affiliation... Wink
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2015, 12:21:36 PM »

Democrat Party

LOL  What's up brother!

Interesting that you didn't respond with anything of substance.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2015, 06:37:09 AM »

Democrat Party

LOL  What's up brother!

Just to add my 3 cents, would it matter? Hard to imagine you or Bean Bag convincing the other you are "right"?

People of all stripes refer to Democrats as Democrats...is it a slam to call it the "Democrat Party"?

The sun is beginning to set on Rush Limbaugh's career.  3D
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2015, 07:53:15 AM »

Democrat Party

Nails for breakfast again? 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »

The professor is  a bit confused. Ted Olsen, Bush solicitor general, argued both the Bush vs Gore and the Gay marriage case , winning both times no? Many republicans, he being a prime example, favor this gay marriage decision-- the professor included. Party division on this issue is not absolute.

Democrat Party

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2015, 08:58:06 PM »

The professor is  a bit confused. Ted Olsen, Bush solicitor general, argued both the Bush vs Gore and the Gay marriage case , winning both times no? Many republicans, he being a prime example, favor this gay marriage decision-- the professor included. Party division on this issue is not absolute.

Well, the meme is supposed to be:  Romney = War on Women.  Republican = hate.  You know... the "classy stuff."  A tactical rocket of knowledge.  Hey it works.  I don't blame 'em.  I'm not one to argue.

Oh-ooo, look at the big brain on Bean!  OOOO.  Oooo!

LOL

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:26 PM »

Democrat Party

LOL  What's up brother!

Just to add my 3 cents, would it matter? Hard to imagine you or Bean Bag convincing the other you are "right"?

People of all stripes refer to Democrats as Democrats...is it a slam to call it the "Democrat Party"?

Now hold on Moon Dawg.  You both may have something here.  There's always a chance.  And if we could can whatever makes that happen, I'd be... well, I wouldn't be telling you about it.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2015, 10:04:47 PM »

Democrat Party

LOL  What's up brother!

Now hold on Moon Dawg.  You both may have something here.  There's always a chance.  And if we could can whatever makes that happen, I'd be... well, I wouldn't be telling you about it.

Hashtag BENGHAZI! Am I right?

Smile Beanbagger! You're kicking the Democrat Party's butt! Except for Obamacare and gay marriage.

But don't you worry. You're safe. You've got this guy to save you...

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2015, 10:12:11 PM »

It actually is. The name of the party is the "Democratic Party" and Republicans have been doing this little "let's call them the 'Democrat Party' instead" thing for a few decades now.

I don't really like to use Wikipedia to prove a point, but I think the article that I'm linking does a pretty good job of explaining why what these people are doing is lame. It's not a mistake that Beenbag was writing "Demorat" and "Democrat Party" and whatnot. It's all part of a concerted effort on the right. Listen to right wing radio for an afternoon, and you'll hear all sorts of mentions of the "Democrat Party."

Anyways, here's the link: Democrat Party (epithet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »

Why would you want anyone to listen to right wing talk radio?  Ewww gross!   LOL

All kidding aside.  Yes... OMG I could talk about Donald Trump's hair all day!  WTF!  Seriously.  What is going on?  I can't figure it out!

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2015, 01:56:22 PM »

Guess who's leading the polls in the GOP race right now...

Right now, Trump is yuuuuuge. And hopefully the tea people will continue to cheer him on. I hope he wins the nomination. I think it'd be great for the Republican Party.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »

If the GOP polls are to be believed, GOP voters want Hillary more than the Democrats do.  LOL

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »

Donald Trump

The Donald.  Ok, this is great.  And you know it is.  Whatever you think -- admit it.  He's got the awesomest comb-over ever.  Because it actually looks good (wind permitting).  In it's own way.  No, but really...

This is a real dude.  A real dude.  Crazy.  Rich.  Real Estate Mogul.  TV host.  Cultural icon.  Personality.  This ain't your run-of-the-mill variety.  His Rolodex includes names like Barbara Walters, Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett -- US Presidents and Saudi Kings, you name it.  Donald Trump is not the usual breed.  Donald Trump is not formulaic.  And that's bad news for people who love formulas -- I would guess.  And we do have a lot of formulas governing us.  Obama/racism.  TV.  Politics.  Facebook.  Twitter.  Black people good/White people bad.  Boring formulas.  It's why people chant "Hillary (or Jeb) is our next lee-der."  Formulas.  Barf.

Case in point.  His comments on immigration -- "Mixico is sending us their sh-t".  The upper crust sh-t their pants.  He can't say that, can he?  Well he did.  Because he can.  And so can you.  But the point is -- BAM!  The debate changes.  Suddenly people are FINALLY talking about the illegal immigration nightmare that's been flooding our porous southern border, but with renewed alarm.  A beautiful woman is MURDERED in San Francisco within days of Donald's comments.  Murdered in a pathetic "sanctuary city."  By an illegal piece of trash.  What's a sanctuary city?  San Fran-disco.  An Obama City -- exposed as an abysmally weak failure.  An experiment (with a sophomoric hypothesis) gone awry.

What's next from Donald?  Maybe Turd's surrender to Iran?? Perhaps.  Just a prediction.  What do I know.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:09:16 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2015, 05:54:58 AM »

If the GOP polls are to be believed, GOP voters want Hillary more than the Democrats do.  LOL
Maybe they want her as the nominee to defeat her?

Is that what you mean?

And IIRC, she was brought up with Republican influence in her household.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2015, 10:18:52 AM »

I've been defending Trump's blunt honesty on Reddit lately, and I've actually been finding SUPPORT and Upvotes! I'm very surprised, and pretty happy, that a candidate is finally ignoring the PC influence and talking about the real truth.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2015, 12:10:11 PM »

Everyone rush out and get your Donald Trump butt plugs while you still can, made by a Mexican immigrant who is, by all accounts, not a rapist or drug lord, but a hard-working American.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:13:06 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2015, 01:09:33 PM »

Is that what you mean?

If the GOP are dumb enough to nominate a Jeb Bush or a Donald Trump, there's a guaranteed Hillary in 2016. The Democrats have no one worth the effort and neither do the GOP unless Rand Paul drops the neocon bullshit.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2015, 01:11:02 PM »

Everyone rush out and get your Donald Trump butt plugs while you still can, made by a Mexican immigrant who is, by all accounts, not a rapist or drug lord, but a hard-working American.

That was actually the reddit post I got all the support on. When did Trump say legal mexican immigrants were rapists or drug lords?

Edit: Just for kicks, here's the post.
Okay, I'm being 100% serious here... Do people REALLY not understand what Trump was saying? I'm so SO tired of it, it's one thing to disagree with him on plenty of topics, that's fine, but he is talking about ILLEGAL immigration. He specifically mentions "border guards" in the SAME SENTENCE as he mentioned any ethnic background. He has said in EVERY interview following in simple terms- "I'm talking about ILLEGAL Mexicans". If you know this, and are knowingly supporting the "slander" of ILLEGAL immigrants, that is a much larger issue. We have a SERIOUS issue with national security and it is INCREDIBLY important that we stop this flow of illegal immigrants before something VERY serious happens. Our nation is at force protection BRAVO because we have a major terrorist group hot on our heels. This isn't about racism, Mexican people provide so much for our nation, and they should be INSULTED that after all they've done to come here LEGALLY that people are making a bad name for their race by FLOWING into the nation illegally. Trump isn't always a very good person, but I strongly agree with his politics on this topic, as do MANY Americans.

oh, and to comment on the Hillary remarks; I have VERY strong doubts about her ability to even get through the primaries. For as many strong supporters as she (somehow still) has, she has a TON of voters unwilling to even consider her thanks to many a stupid mistake through the years.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 01:24:33 PM by FatherOfTheMan (Vito Salutation) » Logged

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2015, 03:23:15 PM »

Is that what you mean?

If the GOP are dumb enough to nominate a Jeb Bush or a Donald Trump, there's a guaranteed Hillary in 2016. The Democrats have no one worth the effort and neither do the GOP unless Rand Paul drops the neocon bullshit.

Agree with your there TRBB. And I have to say I've been somewhat disappointed by Rand Paul thus far during the campaign. I don't know why he's trying to play a neo-con all of the sudden. Those types don't like him. We know he's a libertarian on most issues and he should stick to what he's believed the rest of his life. I think if he articulated his true beliefs to the American people, we might be surprised by how well he might do.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2015, 05:28:44 PM »

When did Trump say legal mexican immigrants were rapists or drug lords?
Here's a better question, as I do not know the answer: when did Trump say illegal immigrants were rapists or drug lords? I haven't found any full records of his actual remarks. Even you say he said it in interviews that followed afterwards. Afterwards. As far as I can see, he did not specify this in his original remarks. This is important.

He specifically mentions "border guards" in the SAME SENTENCE as he mentioned any ethnic background.
Um, okay? You do realize that everyone crossing a border has to deal with border guards, right? if you go to Canada, there will be border guards there waiting for you before you cross. What's your point here?

Mexican people provide so much for our nation, and they should be INSULTED that after all they've done to come here LEGALLY that people are making a bad name for their race by FLOWING into the nation illegally. Trump isn't always a very good person, but I strongly agree with his politics on this topic, as do MANY Americans.
This county is built on illegal immigrants, big guy. Illegal immigrants who flee their country for the freedom of America and scrape out meager existences by performing jobs that actual Americans think they're above doing. These people work harder at more difficult jobs than you ever will. If you think otherwise, you're a fool. The only people that give a them bad name are people like you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:33:45 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 81   Go Up
Print
Jump to: