gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680874 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 02:29:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disc::proper BBs albums .vs. thrown together contractual obligation...  (Read 1987 times)
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2015, 12:53:08 PM »

Ive seen ALOT of misconceptions of the beach boys solid work vs the mediocrity following Holland w the exception of Love You. With 15 big ones being a mix of covers and old rehashed outtakes and Love You being BW solo w the BB name slapped on it... MIU, light album and keepin the summer alive werent just poor albums, they had no hit singles, hardly anything regarded as rockNroll and to sum it up those albums have no substantial historical value whatsoever...yet Surfer Girl-All Summer Long-Summer Days-Pet Sounds-Smiley Smile-Sunflower were/are the greatest and most substantial output by any band in history...and fifty yrs after their debut they put out a brand new lp that almost tops the chart..milestone to say the least.
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »

<<Ive seen ALOT of misconceptions of the beach boys solid work vs the mediocrity following Holland w the exception of Love You. With 15 big ones being a mix of covers and old rehashed outtakes and Love You being BW solo w the BB name slapped on it... MIU, light album and keepin the summer alive werent just poor albums, they had no hit singles, hardly anything regarded as rockNroll and to sum it up those albums have no substantial historical value whatsoever...>>

I've also seen a lot of posts that don't make a hell of a lot of sense and this one is in the top five. 
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 01:08:08 PM »

Except that LA was a fantastic album.  KTSA was a decent album.
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 01:14:29 PM »

It's only the automatic kookadams post generator. Pay no mind.

Please delete my account
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »

Yep, kookadams is just an automated computer...or is it¿
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 06:12:17 PM »

I've read the first post about five times now, and I cannot figure out the thesis of this thread.
SBonilla
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »

If you are signed to a label, all of your albums are contractual obligations. Just sayin'.
Larry Franz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 07:05:35 PM »

Theory:  Discuss which albums were proper Beach Boys albums vs. those that were thrown together merely to meet a contractual obligation. If there is a thesis, it might be that this distinction makes sense and is worth discussing.

If only kookadams would speak....

Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into. (It became fine later on.)
kookadams
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 09:28:37 PM »

Proper: surfin safari, surfin usa, surfer girl, lil deuce coupe (2/3), shut down vol2, all summer long, today, summer days, pet sounds, smiley smile, wild honey, friends, sunflower, surfs up, holland,...love you (bw solo), the beach boys (s/t), thats why god made the radio.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 01:52:16 AM »

Proper: surfin safari, surfin usa, surfer girl, lil deuce coupe (2/3), shut down vol2, all summer long, today, summer days, pet sounds, smiley smile, wild honey, friends, sunflower, surfs up, holland,...love you (bw solo), the beach boys (s/t), thats why god made the radio.

Wild Honey was quickly written & recorded after the Hawaii concert recordings failed to meet expectations. Therefore, it is a "contractual obligation" release. Actually, Smiley Smile probably is too.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 02:47:04 AM »

Surfs Up had leftovers from Sunflower/Landlocked

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx