gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 04:34:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Favorite Moments From No Pier Pressure  (Read 13037 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2015, 04:14:26 PM »

retail choices locally that might have the album include BestBuy, Target, or Wallyworld.   I wonder which might have the deluxe version.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2015, 12:34:06 AM »

You must not have listened to many female voices if you really believe that. It's ok to disagree but seriously there are dozens of successful female singers that could not hold a candle to her. Many consider that song (myself included) to be one of the best gems on this record.
Maybe so; for now, my opinion is she has bad -thin, capricious- voice. To list awards & tell what success she gained is irrelevant, as it should when it comes down to one's taste. Many posters have been saying the same. Even "captain", big Kacey fan, said she doesn't have a great voice. And I agree. I don't with the notion that "Guess you had..." should've been a single.
 Ke$ha & Lana Del Rey are worse, though. Who let the former sing at Brian Fest?

Wow, I'm really behind on things.  Kesha was at Brian Fest?Huh??
Yes. Watch out, EPIC FAIL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_EPy4V2FAw

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2015, 02:32:39 PM »

Kesha sounds okay on that to me Huh

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2015, 06:01:58 AM »

Kesha sounds okay on that to me Huh
Only "okay"? Yeah welp, that's the 'best' she could.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2015, 05:17:53 AM »

Thanks for the link Range, but I'll skip it.  Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

It's bad enough that she had to sneak onto the most recent Alice Cooper album. 
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »

"The Right Time"- I really like this one ; Al sounds as good as ever ; How the hell did he do this ? I love the vocal blend on the choruses of Al, Brian , Scott Bennett and Matt. . My favorite part is the wordless vocal break in the instrumental break ; give me more of that !

I'll take more of that too!  Grin   Not to single out one point of a great post, but that wordless break with Brian singing bass, that was a true highlight for me. It sounds remarkably better on the "official" releases than it did on the advance video clip release, that bass voice from Brian just nails it.

As far as the "wordless vocal break"... when I first heard a lo-fi stream, I assumed that I was hearing a high falsetto vocal. Now I hear a Love You-style synth. Sometimes I still wonder if it is being doubled by a falsetto vocal...

Huh

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2015, 01:43:26 PM »

My favourite moment was when the album began...and it just kept delivering until the last note of the bonus version of Love and Mercy had faded.  [And believe me...I was straining, on purpose, to hear every LAST 'ring off' of it.]  My favourite moment was to drive from point of purchase to my driveway uninterupted and to listen to the entire album in the privacy of my own sole company.  And I played it good and blinkin' LOUD.  It was just me and the album...and...the magic.

I will NEVER forget it.

[just another of the many fabulous gifts I have received from Brian and the Beach Boys.  Next to BWPS for certain...and maybe Pet Sounds?  This one was ever-so special. Cool Guy]

This. Exactly.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2015, 04:01:20 PM »

Looks like NPP has dropped to page 3 on the board.  so I thought I'd bring it back with this question I've had about the bonus track In The Back of My Mind:  Brian's voice sounds younger.  when was this recorded?   sure this has been hashed and rehashed but I have not seen this addressed.........
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »

Well?
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »

Well?
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2015, 06:41:05 PM »

Thank you Ray.     Where has this been for 40 years?
halblaineisgood
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »

Bonus tracks.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:56:27 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx