gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:58:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NPP Signing Today in Long Beach  (Read 2671 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:55:43 AM »

Just noticed this for any LA area posters. Tonight at 7pm.

http://fingerprintsmusic.com/finprintswp/news/brian-wilson-in-store-signing/
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:54:35 PM »

Seven minutes till showtime, folks. Remember to tell him you dig "Runaway Dancer." Assuming you do.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 10:38:26 PM »

I just don't like the track. One review earlier this week mentioned the album had one dud song but never said which. Its the dance beat in RD that grates to my ears. Sorry to those who like it but its a 'skip' for me.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 07:28:03 AM »

Did anybody here go to this?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 08:00:47 AM »

Some footage of the signing. No, I don't know why a big poster of Joni Mitchell was situated to Brian's left. But how about that TAMI Show poster somebody brought in?! Also, great to see a copy of SU being brought too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbH_wtjEius
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:48:39 AM by rn57 » Logged
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »

The Dude that walks up to the table 19 seconds in the video looks like Mike Love.just with slightly longer hair..lol
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 02:38:22 PM »

Some footage of the signing. No, I don't know why a big poster of Joni Mitchell was situated to Brian's left. But how about that TAMI Show poster somebody brought in?! Also, great to see a copy of SU being brought too.

Thanxx for the video! 
I guess you're saying Capitol should have provided a NPP poster to cover up Joni on the chance that TV  showed up to film the event??
Neat to see/hear all the people talking about Brian with so much love. 

I was in that store last June, sadly they didn't have anything for the collection....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 03:01:27 PM »

Thanxx for the video! 
I guess you're saying Capitol should have provided a NPP poster to cover up Joni on the chance that TV  showed up to film the event??
Neat to see/hear all the people talking about Brian with so much love. 

I was in that store last June, sadly they didn't have anything for the collection....

There were a lot of true Brian fans there and since this was Long Beach, I'd bet some of them (ie from the Hawthorne/Torrance area) go way, way back.

Come to think of it I suppose the Joni Mitchell poster was up by way of a get-well-soon gesture, given her recent health crisis.  But what it made me think of was an interview, I think around the time of Brian '88, where Brian told an assistant to "put on Blue" while he was talking, and the interviewer thought he meant Joni's Blue album.  But of course it was Gershwin's Rhapsody.  I can't recall an interview where Brian's mentioned Joni.

As for the weatherbeaten guy in the Mike shirt and cap in the clip....somethin' tells me he just might have a mullet under that cap.  Making him Joe Thomas's ideal listener to approach NPP without a lot of preconceptions.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »

I'm use to seeing somebody close to Brian with him at book/record signings. In the past it's been Stan Love and Kevin Leslie and Jeff Foskett; now it seems Brian is left pretty much on his own with store personnel. I suppose Melinda was there for support, but if she was, I don't see her. Was anybody with Brian, RN57, or did anybody follow him into the store? Probably a security guard somewhere, not that anyone was going to get out of hand or anything.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 03:16:20 PM »

I'm use to seeing somebody close to Brian with him at book/record signings. In the past it's been Stan Love and Kevin Leslie and Jeff Foskett; now it seems Brian is left pretty much on his own with store personnel. I suppose Melinda was there for support, but if she was, I don't see her. Was anybody with Brian, RN57, or did anybody follow him into the store? Probably a security guard somewhere, not that anyone was going to get out of hand or anything.....

http://lbpost.com/life/music/2000005865-music-legend-brian-wilson-meets-fans-signs-copies-of-new-album-at-fingerprints

Daria and Melinda were there.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 03:19:12 PM »

Funny!!  
The first interior shot of the store, shows Brian and Melinda from the back!
And then the guy at 19 seconds is the same guy that got interviewed outside at the 1:00 minute mark....

The Dude that walks up to the table 19 seconds in the video looks like Mike Love.just with slightly longer hair..lol
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:21:52 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 03:22:16 PM »

Mark London (longtime album cover designer / art director and BW buddy) is also standing by him for a good section of it too.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 03:33:02 PM »

Funny!!  
The first interior shot of the store, shows Brian and Melinda from the back!
And then the guy at 19 seconds is the same guy that got interviewed outside at the 1:00 minute mark....

Funny what. I missed it. I'm at work and skipped the beginning after the ad.  Who was the guy interviewed? Anybody we know? Musta been a couple more Smiley Smilers there in that line.....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:34:37 PM by Mikie » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx