gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680825 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:26:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian on Conan tonight (4/8)  (Read 16411 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »

After seeing Brian perform "Runaway Dancer" last night and seeing the live version video from Soundstage, I have to say that I like the live version of RD a whole lot more than I do the studio version. The live version's got soul!

Did anyone else notice Scott's comment on the video?

I didn't see any comments on the video. What did Scott say?

From Billy's YT clip.

Scott Bennett4 hours ago

Hey Billy, Sabu prepared a track with a drum loop and a couple synth effects. He always performs to track. This was a new thing for us. However, we were all still playing and singing live.
Reply  ·  1
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2015, 02:20:33 PM »

Did anyone else notice Scott's comment on the video?

Yup...cool that he responded!

Guess he had nothing to say about him hitting the keyboard with his boner, though.  Grin

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2015, 02:56:34 PM »

RD is for me the highlight of the album! This one totally surprised me and I'm glad Brian left his usual style by the wayside. I have more than enough CDs with his experimental stuff, traditional BW/BB style, and quirky tracks. This track floored me, and this is what will make him accesible to a totally new audience. I also hope this sets the album in motion to going top 10.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »

what a fun song, and I love this performance. Is Sabu perhaps a bit weak in his harmony part? A bit strained on the bridge?

Way better than Kimmel, and Conan was so respectful and proper--good for him.

Billy, you're a character (and right), but you did offend my otherwise innocent ears.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »

Brian is back to his old form.. just compare him from the conan footage and him from the Concert album cover, although older he seems to be back to where he was back then, at least in his face and his eyes.especially his smile.

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2015, 03:33:21 PM »

I still do not see or hear any activity from Brian's piano. Scott Bennett is responsible for the organ sound, Darian is handling the synthy sounding thing.

The few shots we see of Brian's hands they don't even look like they're on the keys. Would someone like to provide an exact marking where they think this is occurring?

But they are on the keys ... and I already pointed out how there are a couple of times where Scott is not touching the keys, and Darian is holding down a chord. ..yet there is an additional keyboard part playing. Who do you think was playing it? Conan?!

Or hell, don't take my word for it. Ignore the audio/visual evidence as well. the fact you got Darian and Scott's parts mixed up isn't helping. Why not hit up Scott Darian or Nelson in Facebook and ask them yourself? Better yet, I can shoot Jimmy Vivino an email and ask him if Scott Healy played an extra part off camera.

Jesus.

I cannot get over how convinced everyone is that I have some secret motive to bash Brian and promote Mike and Bruce. It's insane. I will be the first to admit I don't think Bruce makes contact with his keyboard except for "Disney Girls" night after night. On the other side, Mike needs to chuck his instrument in the garbage...that tambourine kills "God Only Knows" every time......

I watched the whole video, Scott Bennett is playing something that soudns like an organ on the upbeats of the chorus in his right hand. I watched them, I'm not mixing anything up. As I previously requested, I'd love to have an exact marking in the video where Brian is playing and nobody else is that you keep referring to.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2015, 04:29:56 PM »

Well besides me saying exactly when during the video,  I now need to go back and do it again?  Sure...if you promise to actually take it this time. Just do me a favor. ..if you're just trolling me, then fess up now,  because I really don't like having my time wasted,  and getting punked is near the bottom of my to do list.

This will have to wait until after dinner though.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 04:50:14 PM by ♩♬ Brian Wilson is my Spirit Animal ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2015, 05:32:22 PM »

At the end of the song Brian says thankyou everyone, thank you very much. I am guessing they just turned his mic on for that then?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2015, 06:05:18 PM »

Nah...it was Andy Richter practicing his ventriloquist skills:lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2015, 06:11:00 PM »

Billy wins the thread. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2015, 06:28:23 PM »

Thank you very much, I'm here all week, try the veal

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2015, 06:30:18 PM »

Thank you very much, I'm here all week, try the veal

Conan's Casio!! It was either that or Benny's Boner!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »

I'm staying away from this place for a few days. It just pisses me off to hear people nitpick over minutiae when we're talking about new music at the age of 73 from one of the greatest geniuses in all of music - especially when its the people who should be embracing, valuing and enjoying it most. God, the fucking negativity.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2015, 06:43:56 PM »

I'm staying away from this place for a few days. It just pisses me off to hear people nitpick over minutiae when we're talking about new music at the age of 73 from one of the greatest geniuses in all of music - especially when its the people who should be embracing, valuing and enjoying it most. God, the fucking negativity.

Actually I do feel the same way as you...Brian getting unfairly slammed for something that was not true pissed me off. That said, I've proven my point (at this point it's like describing a rainbow to Stevie Wonder) and will leave it alone going further.

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2015, 07:30:31 PM »

Well besides me saying exactly when during the video,  I now need to go back and do it again?  Sure...if you promise to actually take it this time. Just do me a favor. ..if you're just trolling me, then fess up now,  because I really don't like having my time wasted,  and getting punked is near the bottom of my to do list.

Billy, I apologize...I didn't realize the link you posted had commentary pointing it out, so I didn't even watch it in the first place, I just re-watched the pro-shot from Conan.

Now, after watching yours...Darian's right hand is in the mid-range of his instrument and it looks like it's pressed down to me creating that beautiful maj7 chord.

No. I am NOT trying to "troll" or anything like that. I, like you and others here, am trying to defend my perception....but for some reason I'm the only one being chastised for it.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2015, 07:46:16 PM »

Yup...and besides Darian's chord, something else was being played.

But in any case I think short of actually hearing each track individually from the soundboard mix, you and I are not going to agree on this, so I'm going to drop it. I think most of the board will agree it'll be for the best. Elnombre is right. Let's both drop it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:51:56 PM by ♩♬ Conan's Casio ♯♫♩ » Logged

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2015, 07:55:01 PM »

Yup...and besides Darian's chord, something else was being played.

But in any case I think short of actually hearing each track individually from the soundboard mix, you and I are not going to agree on this, so I'm going to drop it. I think most of the board will agree it'll be for the best. Elnombre is right. Let's both drop it.

Works for me! I wish we could've agreed to disagree earlier on and with a what less disparaging comments from others.

...are there any other promos coming up, or are is Kimmel & Conan it?
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2015, 08:00:27 PM »

Billy, I apologize...I didn't realize the link you posted had commentary pointing it out, so I didn't even watch it in the first place, I just re-watched the pro-shot from Conan.

Now, after watching yours...Darian's right hand is in the mid-range of his instrument and it looks like it's pressed down to me creating that beautiful maj7 chord.

No. I am NOT trying to "troll" or anything like that. I, like you and others here, am trying to defend my perception....but for some reason I'm the only one being chastised for it.

Sums it up really!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:01:48 PM by 18thofMay » Logged

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2015, 08:02:59 PM »

Sums it up really!

Hi there, sorry...perhaps I missed it, what exactly did I do to you?...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2015, 08:10:37 PM »

Doesn't matter. ..and this is directed to everyone. ..we need to bring this back on track. 

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »

So again...looking forward: Any other promo gigs on the horizon?
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2015, 08:23:20 PM »

This is perhaps your greatest opportunity. A single defining moment in your existence.
Most of our lives are made up of perceptions, perceptions of others, our environment and our encounters. These perceptions are neither right nor wrong and are for most the first thought that pops into our minds. Some take some time to process these perceptions look at other factors, facts, reactions etc; and they formulate a thought or a stronger perception. Most perceptions are guided by fear, a fear of acceptance or of something we cannot understand. Most go through a series or process of perception to achieve an outcome. And this is why when you have a perception of something, you never have an outcome. You may think you do but it is still heavily guarded by fear and therefore is never really an outcome for anybody other than yourself.

So in this exercise you have a perception and it's one you have held since your first posts on here. You can NEVER see the outcome!

I can give you specific examples but I hope you can see the pointlessness of doing so with your mindset.

But here is the kicker. What was the outcome of the Conan appearance? And what was the process that lead to the outcome?
Then in each step of the process add your perception of Brian and the song being performed.
Here is an example.
Brian is on Conan tonight-
He will f*** it up again,
it will be auto tuned,
he will sit there and stare at the void in time
I hate this song
Brian is being forced to do this sh*t
He will read the autocue
He will be inaudible...

etc.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:28:55 PM by 18thofMay » Logged

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2015, 08:57:05 PM »

Brian is back to his old form.. just compare him from the conan footage and him from the Concert album cover, although older he seems to be back to where he was back then, at least in his face and his eyes.especially his smile.

I often see it too, I think just about EVERYBODY has that in them (to pull off expressions that make them look like their younger selves), but it's amazing to see Brian do it.  He at times seems so far away from the 20 year old version of himself, but you catch a glimse of it when he smiles and is in a good mood.  "Hey! There's Brian!"

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx