gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:29:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NPP credits discussion  (Read 5145 times)
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 03:10:43 PM »

Sensible part: I'm guessing the BW piano credit would be fore "ITBOMM".

Does the piano credit still exist in the other, non-Target editions?

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 03:22:51 PM »

Sensible part: I'm guessing the BW piano credit would be fore "ITBOMM".

Does the piano credit still exist in the other, non-Target editions?

All of Brian's instrumental credits -- piano, Hammond B-3 and additional keyboards -- carry over between editions.

That being said, I can't hear anything that immediately suggests his pianistic touch on the album tracks. Maybe "It's a Beautiful Day"?

I strongly suspect he's playing the dead simple organ chords in "Don't Worry" and "Tell Me Why," though.

The "additional keyboards" could be anything, anywhere.
groganb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 07:40:29 AM »

Please don't yell at me if this has been asked elsewhere (I'm looking at you, AGD), but what about us iTunes buyers? No booklet available? Are the credits online anywhere? Hm.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 07:48:47 AM »

No iTunes booklet. Someone has transcribed them all to the album's wiki page, though.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 08:05:09 AM »

I know I'm stating the painfully obvious when I pose the question of why they didn't just include track-by-track credits. I would imagine it's probably just a space/design issue for the booklet. I'm curious if there was any flack for the TWGMTR credits being so odd (missing instruments, etc.), and if the more general credits are a reaction to that. Probably not.

Can someone just e-mail Joe Thomas and get track-by-track credits. It's fun but also weird that we have to do this process-of-elimination thing to decipher just a few of the credits.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 08:10:07 AM »

I know I'm stating the painfully obvious when I pose the question of why they didn't just include track-by-track credits. I would imagine it's probably just a space/design issue for the booklet. I'm curious if there was any flack for the TWGMTR credits being so odd (missing instruments, etc.), and if the more general credits are a reaction to that. Probably not.

Can someone just e-mail Joe Thomas and get track-by-track credits. It's fun but also weird that we have to do this process-of-elimination thing to decipher just a few of the credits.

For whatever reason, all the Thomas-associated BW projects have had odd credits. The Imagination ones are also missing instruments, songwriters, etc.

GIOMH also clumped all the musician credits together, probably to obscure the varying origins of the tracks. (Some were clearly cut in the mid-90s, one with Joe, the others in '03, etc.). Maybe it's a Mark London thing!

Some extra info, tho -- Brett Simons posted on FB that he played bass on the two Bennett co-written tracks, and that both were originally intended for the biopic. So it looks like, for awhile at least, that Brian was working on two separate recording projects.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:30:12 AM by Wirestone » Logged
groganb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 08:22:32 AM »

Thanks, Wirestone!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx