gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:38:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson lookalike = actor Edmund Cobb (super eerie)  (Read 20166 times)
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »

Just a reminder of the author/prankster and Found Footage Festival co-founder Nick Prueher who appeared on the Kimmel show, looking like Mike's doppelganger circa 1966:

This is pretty random, but I'm a casual friend of Nick's. After this was originally posted here a few years back, I let him know about it and he was pretty tickled. According to him the homage wasn't intentional; he just has a number of vintage/retro outfits and it just happened to gel that way that night.

Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »

That is Brian
KDS
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 11:55:51 AM »

Just a reminder of the author/prankster and Found Footage Festival co-founder Nick Prueher who appeared on the Kimmel show, looking like Mike's doppelganger circa 1966:

Mike Love, original hipster
The 4th Wilson Bro.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2018, 12:53:34 PM »

That is Brian

Pictured with the late country music crooner Jim Ed Brown.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 01:14:47 PM »

I remember thinking this actor who played a police officer in The Dark Knight looked a lot like Brian.

His name is Keith Szarabajka.

I can see it a bit as well.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2018, 01:16:00 PM »

That is Brian

Amazing, isn't it? Seriously uncanny.

Standing next to "Brian" in that pic  is the guy who later did the voice of Mr. Ed.   Can I get a horse in here indeed.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:19:53 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2018, 03:51:45 PM »

This is pretty random, but I'm a casual friend of Nick's. After this was originally posted here a few years back, I let him know about it and he was pretty tickled. According to him the homage wasn't intentional; he just has a number of vintage/retro outfits and it just happened to gel that way that night.

That is really cool! He does good work with those found VHS tapes, that's right up my alley too and I thought I was the only one who was into that stuff, lol. He also stopped by a TV station which is pretty local to me when he and his partner were doing their feats of strength routine, but I don't think the station here filed a suit against them as another did... Smiley

I still cannot get over how uncanny it was to tune into Kimmel that night (and I don't usually watch Kimmel or the others unless there is a good musical guest), and see what looked for all the world like Mike's doppelganger.

Well at least it puts to rest the theory that Mike is/was a time traveler and found a way to hop from 1966 to 2012 and back again.  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2018, 04:34:26 PM »

Uncanny.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:38:12 PM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
jmc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2018, 04:49:30 PM »

I have always thought Alec Baldwin resembled Brian, particularly young Alec as young Brian.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2018, 08:55:54 PM »

Whoa...Pretty uncanny!

https://filesofjerryblake.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/sign-of-the-wolf-edmund-cobb.jpg
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2018, 09:21:16 PM »

!!!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2018, 11:51:33 PM »

Hm, you see "uncanny", "eerie", "whoa", "a lot" in these pics, folks? Brow

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Lady Lynda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2018, 07:59:16 PM »

I have always thought Alec Baldwin resembled Brian, particularly young Alec as young Brian.

Completely agree!  I have always thought Alec Baldwin should be cast as Brian. 

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2018, 06:09:57 PM »

In the 1983 film "Stroker Ace", check out this guy in flannel who is a Scott Bennett lookalike, who briefly appears in a fight scene. Not sure the name of the actor.

Pitter Patter
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2018, 04:51:53 AM »

In the 1983 film "Stroker Ace", check out this guy in flannel who is a Scott Bennett lookalike, who briefly appears in a fight scene. Not sure the name of the actor.

He looks a little like Bruce in that second picture too IMO.

My luck was so bad, I thought I used up all the luck I had. I sail an unsettled ocean on the Sloop John B, I've been taken for lost and gone and unknown for a long, long time, and I've got tears in the morning, but I know I'd like to get a crack at your love.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2018, 05:15:03 PM »

He looks a little like Bruce in that second picture too IMO.
It's good catch - he opened his mouth in dorky way, just like Bruce.

Bennett looks somewhat like blonde Jeff Beck (today's Jeff, not when he was young).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »

I've got another Brian look-alike for your consideration. I know his hairstyle doesn't - but otherwise methinks there is a striking resemblance to late 1980s Landy-era Brian.

Anyone agree?

This is from a 1982 episode of CHiPs. The actor's name is Burke Byrnes. Other photos I've seen of him online have him looking quite different, but around this time I guess something in his face looks very Wilson-like to me.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2018, 03:40:37 PM »

Having recently watched the underrated Robert Altman oddball classic 1970 film, Brewster McCloud, I noticed an actor who looks a ton like Bruce Johnston. They look like brothers.

(The actor's name is William Baldwin, not to be confused with the William Baldwin whose bro Alec narrated an Al Jardine song).

Oddly enough, isn't Bruce's birth name Benjamin Baldwin?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 03:41:40 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2018, 03:53:24 PM »

Also... randomly saw a guy sitting at a bar who - from the side - looked uncannily like BW.

Anyone agree?

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »

It's joke, right? That chap doesn't look like Bruce. Ditto random nobody doesn't look like Brian.

Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2019, 03:09:37 PM »

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2019, 11:06:56 AM »

Bittersweet-Insanity - looks like that image link didn't go thru properly, maybe try uploading at tinypic.com?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »

Maybe it's best that we can't see that pic. Smiley

Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2019, 08:09:53 PM »

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2019, 10:36:50 PM »

Whoah, I definitely see Brian in this dude. Who is he?
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx