gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680854 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 12:46:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Debut Gets Expanded Reissued In May (Rhino Records)  (Read 11821 times)
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2015, 12:01:19 PM »

I have the 88 CD with the correct mixes of Melt Away and Let It Shine and I have the 200 CD for the bonus tracks and for the incorrect mixes of Melt Away and Let It Shine.  So I guess I'm good and don't need either of these "repressings."  Oh and  I have a Brian interview CD about the 88 solo album, and I think I have a digipack promo CD of the album.  Don't have a vinyl copy however.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2015, 12:19:06 PM »

I have the 88 CD with the correct mixes of Melt Away and Let It Shine and I have the 200 CD for the bonus tracks and for the incorrect mixes of Melt Away and Let It Shine.  So I guess I'm good and don't need either of these "repressings."  Oh and  I have a Brian interview CD about the 88 solo album, and I think I have a digipack promo CD of the album.  Don't have a vinyl copy however.

Sounds like what you need  to find, then, is one of the three inch  Night Time CDs...  

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:52:54 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2015, 12:21:50 PM »

Is it possible that original 1988 CD's are still being sold as 'new'?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2015, 12:41:53 PM »

Is it possible that original 1988 CD's are still being sold as 'new'?

The new 2015 “barebones” edition of the CD is apparently essentially a case of resuming pressing up that 1988 CD (down to the format of the album credits on the back cover, etc.). In that sense, it is still being sold. I don’t know if the CD label is literally identical as well, etc. (No doubt, at the very least the matrix numbers on the actual hub of the pressed CD would be different). The only definitive way I can see that you’d know a sealed album-only CD is the 2015 version is that it has a 2015 sticker on the front (and there’s no way to know if all pressings going forward will retain that sticker).

Is the prior album-only, 1988 edition still being sold as new? Unless you’re buying “new old stock”, I would doubt it, as that CD went out of print at some point in the 90’s. It had been out of print for some time (although not necessarily difficult to find used in CD shops) when the 2000 reissue came out.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2015, 01:56:24 PM »

My local record-lending library has a 1988 CD version (it only just occurred to me to check there!). Can't wait to borrow it...   

http://www.muziekweb.nl/Link/JKX6014

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Hot Rod
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2015, 05:04:08 AM »

This thread made me look at the cd version I have of the album. I actually have the original 88 pressing. I totally can't stand this album though with the exception of a few strong songs.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx