gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 09:05:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robbie McIntosh & Nikki Cox?  (Read 1160 times)
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2015, 06:55:41 PM »

Two of the more interesting personages that are name checked in the NPP liner notes.  Robbie McIntosh is obviously the former Pretenders and McCartney guitarist.  Does anyone know what he contributed to the production of the record?  As for Nikki Cox, the only Nikki Cox I'm aware of is the actress who is married to Jay Mohr and starred in the television series "Las Vegas" with James Caan.  One in the same here? 

Someone more knowledgeable than me on such matters must have the answers!

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »

Nikki was also the girlfriend, somehow, of Bobcat Goldthwait for close to eight years.  They got together when she was almost 19 and he was 35, when both were working on Unhappily Ever After, which was a sitcom from the folks that gave us Married...With Children.

Since I brought up Bobcat, I might as well link to the Reddit AMA he did, below. It has one very weird thing in it. He's asked what his dream project as a filmmaker is, and he replies - keep in mind, this is the man who brought us Shakes The Clown and World's Greatest Dad - that it's an adaptation of the '70s Kinks album Schoolboys In Disgrace. He says he's discussed it with Ray Davies a bit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/rt79j/i_am_bobcat_goldthwait_ask_me_anything
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:42:44 PM by rn57 » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »

Two of the more interesting personages that are name checked in the NPP liner notes.  Robbie McIntosh is obviously the former Pretenders and McCartney guitarist.  Does anyone know what he contributed to the production of the record?  As for Nikki Cox, the only Nikki Cox I'm aware of is the actress who is married to Jay Mohr and starred in the television series "Las Vegas" with James Caan.  One in the same here? 

Someone more knowledgeable than me on such matters must have the answers!

Are they just in the “thank you” section? The Robbie McIntosh connection is intriguing. I think sometimes they just come across other folks in the industry, and even if we never see them play together, they still know each other. Looking at McIntosh’s recent work, I don’t see any immediate Brian connections that stick out. He hasn’t done much with McCartney since 1993 (he did the Montserrat gig in 1997, I’m not sure if anything else), and has been playing with John Mayer more recently. He has played with Pino Palladino, who in turn has played with Jeff Beck. That’s two or three degrees away from Brian. That’s the closest I could come up with after five minutes of googling.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx