gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680996 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 10:20:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian interview in The Mirror  (Read 3089 times)
Nicko1234
« on: April 05, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/beach-boy-brian-wilson-coming-5465497
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 05:21:47 PM »

I understand this is a piece on Brian Wilson but I bristle at anyone genuflecting towards Landy.  Brian is a gentleman who wouldn't deride anyone publicly but the stuff about Landy serving his purpose by putting him on a diet?  The immediate thought that comes to mind is that dieticians can do the same thing without the Ft. Knox type lockdown.  From everything I've read and granted I haven't read reviews from all of his celebrity clients but Landy really never seemed to help anyone in the end.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:29:56 PM by JohnMill » Logged

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 05:24:49 PM »

I want to see this interview. the one where he's interviewing himself in the mirror.. LOL
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 05:25:53 PM »

Landy, played by played by Saving Private Ryan and ­Sideways actor Paul Giamatti in Love and Mercy, died in 2006 and Brian, despite what had gone on, was heartbroken.

Asked if his life got better after the death, he replies surprisingly: “No, not really.”

Considering Brian hadn't seen Landy in well over a decade when he died,  is it really that surprising that Brian's life didn't get any better after 2006? I wonder how that question was worded to Brian...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »

And Brian doesn't seem like the kind of person who would think something as dark as "I'm glad he's dead" either.  What a weird question to ask.

debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 05:32:37 PM »

I understand this is a piece on Brian Wilson but I bristle at anyone genuflecting towards Landy.  Brian is a gentleman who wouldn't deride anyone publicly but the stuff about Landy serving his purpose by putting him on a diet?  The immediate thought that comes to mind is that dieticians can do the same thing without the Ft. Knox type lockdown.  From everything I've read and granted I haven't read reviews from all of his celebrity clients but Landy really never seemed to help anyone in the end.

In the end no, but Landy did probably save Brian's life. Brian was in very very bad shape and needed a lot of help, Landy provided that. Sadly it went on far too long and got far too complicated.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 11:50:20 PM »

I think I found my new avatar

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 01:01:31 AM »

Review makes it read like Landy was there from the mid 70s to early 90s in one big block. Also, the whole 'spent three years in bed' is simply not true.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 02:15:17 AM »

The Mirror is one of the UK's many dreadful tabloid newspapers, only distinguishable from the rest because it doesn't blame immigrants for every crime under the sun
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 03:43:29 AM »

Brian is a gentleman who wouldn't deride anyone publicly but the stuff about Landy serving his purpose by putting him on a diet?  The immediate thought that comes to mind is that dieticians can do the same thing without the Ft. Knox type lockdown.

I think any dietician would have medically treated Brian better than Landy did, but in fact at the time they could not do it without the Ft. Knox type lockdown.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Nicko1234
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 08:10:00 AM »

Another interview:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/04/06/beach-boys-brian-wilson-gives-his-most-awkward-interview-yet
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 09:07:09 AM »

I didn't know that he smoked that much (5 packs a day) after Landy.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »

I didn't this this interview was THAT awkward.. at least it's OBVIOUSLY Brian and not someone else...lol..
Nicko1234
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 04:48:12 AM »

Another interview with Brian:

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2015/04/07/brian-wilson-happy-about-how-new-solo-album-no-pier-pressure-came-together/

And one with him and Don Was (in which Was completely contradicts some stuff that Brian has said in the past  Smiley ) :

http://radio.com/2015/04/07/brian-wilson-interview-no-pier-pressure-lana-del-rey-frank-ocean-don-was/
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 09:27:52 PM »

I think I found my new avatar

That look doesn't surprise me. The Lakers suck this year, and Golden State is the best team in the west. So, I assume they were getting killed.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx