gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:35:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeff Foskett replacement  (Read 8524 times)
KDS
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 08:08:32 AM »

I'd be interested to see if Brian does decide to retire from touring after this year if the members of Brian's touring band would tour with Brian's music. 

Once Brian is no longer on the road, there will still be a demand for Beach Boys music.  Brian and Mike aren't going to be out there with their groups forever. 
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2015, 10:54:21 AM »

I would love to get in on that gig!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2015, 01:37:02 PM »

I don't recall where but one story from 5 years or so ago said something like all Brians band were paid to tour but one member (I assume Jeff) was paid a retainer. As Brian cut down his touring of late, it makes business sense to review that arrangement. It would not surprise if this was the reason Jeff left.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 03:15:21 PM »

As long as Brian is alive and healthy, I would guess until or if he announces a "Farewell Tour", we're not going to see him stop touring. He may do what he has done in past years (2014, a few others) and just do scattered dates. As it is, 2015 isn't super heavy on dates (around 26 or so including North America and UK so far).

Even if he did announce a "farewell tour", I wouldn't be surprised to see him do a one-off shows after that. I recall the 2006/2007 "Pet Sounds" shows were kind of implied to be the "final" PS shows, yet he pulled it out a few times after that.

As for Brian's guys, I would tend to doubt we'd see them all stick together and do some sort of "tribute" tour. The market for anything other than the band called "The Beach Boys" (or to some degree "Brian Wilson") isn't too great, outside of club gigs. Even Al has trouble booking gigs it seems. Probyn and Matt Jardine do gigs with the various off-shoot bands (Hinsche, Carter, Figueroa, etc.), and even those seem sporadic (and/or they go the Papa Doo Run Run route and are doing a bunch of corporate gigs we don't hear about).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 03:18:49 PM »

I don't recall where but one story from 5 years or so ago said something like all Brians band were paid to tour but one member (I assume Jeff) was paid a retainer. As Brian cut down his touring of late, it makes business sense to review that arrangement. It would not surprise if this was the reason Jeff left.

The potential political machinations involved in guys leaving Brian's band and joining Mike's band aside, it certainly would be far more lucrative to tour with Mike's band, even if it one was paid less per gig.

While making more money (and having more fun playing more gigs) in Mike's band would surely be a factor, I would tend to believe Jeff leaving Brian's band and joining Mike's involves other factors as well. Some of which we don't know.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »

For sure. I was thinking pure financial reasoning with my post. Jeff's story a few months back giving his reasons ie acting as Brian's right hand man during tours etc surely paid a large part IMO.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx