gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:35:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeff Foskett replacement  (Read 8563 times)
Coachhill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »

If this is a topic already brought up, sorry. I searched before I ask this, but who is the guy that is sing Jeff's part? In the soundstage video's it Matt Jardine and Huh
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:51:25 PM by Coachhill » Logged

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things,
because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
~Walt Disney~
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 01:47:09 PM »

Well I do know that Matt was announced to have joined (rejoined?) a few days ago.

So I am guessing it will be him doing the super high parts! As far as that other guy (Ike or something?), I am not sure where he stands.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 01:57:39 PM »

Brian "Ike" Eichenberger.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 04:53:57 PM »

It's complicated. Matt J. came in after Jeff left to work on the record (he sang backgrounds and some placeholder leaders). He was then supposed to join the band -- he did a couple of shows but then announced that he wasn't going to be with the band full-time.

They had to fill the gap again, so they went with Brian "Ike" Eichenberger, who was with the touring version of the Four Freshmen. When the band did the December Vegas show, bot Ike and Matt showed up. When the band did Kimmel, it was just Ike.

Now that the full tour is set up, Matt is joining them again. So it's tough to say what becomes of Ike (who subsequently left the touring Freshmen, IIRC).
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 08:45:12 PM »

So it's tough to say what becomes of Ike (who subsequently left the touring Freshmen, IIRC).

Yes, definitely gone from the FF

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 11:52:27 PM »

It's complicated. Matt J. came in after Jeff left to work on the record (he sang backgrounds and some placeholder leaders). He was then supposed to join the band -- he did a couple of shows but then announced that he wasn't going to be with the band full-time.

They had to fill the gap again, so they went with Brian "Ike" Eichenberger, who was with the touring version of the Four Freshmen. When the band did the December Vegas show, bot Ike and Matt showed up. When the band did Kimmel, it was just Ike.

Now that the full tour is set up, Matt is joining them again. So it's tough to say what becomes of Ike (who subsequently left the touring Freshmen, IIRC).

Between Matt leaving and Ike joining however, there was one show where Chad Odhner of the Fendertones provided falsetto.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 12:50:08 AM »

JEFF FOSKETT AND HIS INIMITABLE FLASETTO IS IRREPLACEABLE. A TRUE LOSS TO THE BRAIN WILSON BAND!!!

Real talk though, as time wore on dude's voice was entering Adrian Baker levels of grating, so it's really no loss at all he went and joined Mike Love's traveling jukebox. Thank you, Jeff Beck, you vest wearing wank maestro, for helping to set in motion this transfer.

The addition of Matt Jardine (and his father) to an already stellar band has elevated their sound to a whole other level, with a vocal blend better than anything we've heard since The Beach Boys' "Holland" album. Ike's no slouch either, but that Jardine boy is something else. You can really tell he's family.

No mas, por favor.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 02:37:13 AM »

Chad Ohdner did a gig, maybe two, between Matt and Ike.

Ah, poo, someone else posted that.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:38:11 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Coachhill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 08:07:36 PM »

I find this interesting, from Mike Loves Facebook page...

I would like to thank Randell Kirsch for the last 11 years as a Beach Boys band member. He will always be near and dear to us and a part of our Beach Boy family. His contribution as singer and bass player with the band has been much appreciated, and I wish him all success going forward with his own musical endeavors. Thank you Randell.
Separately I would like to welcome Brian Eichenberger to the band. His incredible musical background could not be more impressive. Thank you for lending your immense talent to the Beach Boys Live. Peace and Love, Mike Love

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things,
because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
~Walt Disney~
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 08:20:33 PM »

Lo, for he has reached his set end date. Let us bow our heads.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 08:27:48 PM »

JEFF FOSKETT AND HIS INIMITABLE FLASETTO IS IRREPLACEABLE. A TRUE LOSS TO THE BRAIN WILSON BAND!!!

What?  JF single throatedly ruined 2 albums already. He ought never to sing except in small, highly-controlled doses.
The greatness of NPP lies in alternately harnessing  and exiling him.

Real talk though, as time wore on dude's voice was entering Adrian Baker levels of grating, so it's really no loss at all he went and joined Mike Love's traveling jukebox. Thank you, Jeff Beck, you vest wearing wank maestro, for helping to set in motion this transfer.

The addition of Matt Jardine (and his father) to an already stellar band has elevated their sound to a whole other level, with a vocal blend better than anything we've heard since The Beach Boys' "Holland" album. Ike's no slouch either, but that Jardine boy is something else. You can really tell he's family.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »

Remarkable. Can it be confirmed if "Ike" sings on NPP?
Maybe Jeff will stick to middle parts in the harmony stack, while Ike sings the highest. In any case, Randell was a darn good falsettist also.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2015, 09:32:18 PM »

Remarkable. Can it be confirmed if "Ike" sings on NPP?
Maybe Jeff will stick to middle parts in the harmony stack, while Ike sings the highest. In any case, Randell was a darn good falsettist also.

I don't think Ike is on NPP. I don't recall that he appears in the credits. Most of the falsetto parts are presumably Matt J. and Foskett.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36:46 PM »

No Ike on NPP. He came along after work on the record had finished.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 10:53:41 PM »

Is Mike paying transfer fees for these players he gets from Brian's team?

“We live in divisive times.”
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 11:05:42 PM »

Guess it was meant to be ...

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 11:14:29 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 06:02:36 AM »

Or maybe someone wished for Mike and Brian to tour together again, but didn't specify which Brian they wanted.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 07:17:44 AM »

Guess it was meant to be ...

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2015, 12:01:30 PM »

Hmmm, from his post above, it appears that OSD is attempting to read some type of commentary on Beach Boys politics on my part when I posted an image of a box of Mike & Ike candies.  Just to be clear, my post was not intended to imply any type of commentary on band politics and/or the members of the BBs and/or the touring band.  Last night, when thinking about Brian "Ike" Eichenberger joining Mike's touring Beach Boys, the image of a box of Mike & Ike candies simply flashed into view.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2015, 12:33:51 PM »

Nah, not at all. Just thought it was clever but now that you mention it, Mike and Ike does have a more tonal ring than Mike and Bruce.  Smokin

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 12:13:29 PM »

This is exciting for Mike and his band.  I will certainly go see them this summer and also hope "Ike" handles more falsettos while Jeff can drop down and sing some of Carl and Al's parts.  Also excited that Matt J is in BW band.
Shark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 04:25:21 AM »

I was unaware that Randell had left the band going into seeing them this past weekend.  Ike playing bass but no lead vocals and seemed like he sang backing vocals very sparingly also.  Foskett sang most non-Mike leads with the exception of Bruce doing Wendy and Totten doing Ballad of Ol' Betsy and Cowsill on HMR. 
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 06:22:38 AM »

Foskett leaving Brian was definitely a shocker, but since he and Brian have both said there's no animosity there, I accept that as just a guy in need of a change. And Ike wasn't even really established in Brian's band any way, as far as I can tell. Was Ike ever actually announced as a member of Brian's group? I remember Matt being announced as Jeff's replacement. Then, Matt announced he wouldn't be going on Brian's fall tour, but we could look for him in a lot of other projects, including Brian's. That's when Ike was brought it, but I don't remember him being announced as a permanent member or replacement for Matt.

I don't see this as someone else jumping ship on Brian. I just see it as a guy who got a job, perhaps because he was working with Brian earlier and they knew he could do it.  There seems to be more fluidity between the band members than there is with Mike and Brian themselves. Matt has played with both groups and so does David. And, to a jobbing musician, Mike's group is definitely going to appeal because they play so many dates.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 08:02:32 AM »

Spot on, Cyncie.

Something went on with Foskett, no doubt, but he was there for such a long time -- and was so visible -- that a change was probably good for everyone.

But Ike played, at most, a dozen shows with them. And given Al's allegience to the BW camp, it only makes sense that Matt would be the choice for any serious touring.

It's all a bit of a mess, but I'm sure there's some suspicion that BW's touring days are winding down. Backing band members will carry the legacy forward, of course, but the BB name will become even more critical in that case.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx