gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 07:11:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are the Best BB-related Albums that have little or no Brian Wilson input?  (Read 2806 times)
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2015, 04:23:10 AM »

Can be group albums or solo albums
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 05:03:44 AM »

Obligatory Summer In Paradise post.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 05:18:49 AM »

He had very little input on L.A. and I love that album. It would be significantly weaker without Good Timin', though...
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 05:45:10 AM »

You have to define 'little' first.

What do you think, Jon?
Capitol Punishment
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 06:27:32 AM »

Holland. My favorite Carl song, the Trader, is on there and I also love Only With You and Leaving This Town. But I'm not sure it counts because of SOS and MVAF.

"I like food" -Brian Wilson
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 07:09:19 AM »

Holland would be the obvious answer, then LA Light.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 07:36:47 AM »

Pacific Ocean Blue, one of the greatest albums of all-time.
kwebb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 09:44:17 AM »

Still Cruisin' didn't have a lot of Brian in it, but that was just a mish-mash of singles and older songs
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »

Holland and Pacific Ocean Blue. Though "I'm on my way to sunny Californ-i-a, I'm on my way to spend another sunny day" got to be the best moment of Holland.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 10:20:40 AM »

Looking Back With Love, of course
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 10:28:46 AM »

There are no BB albums, including Dennis's without Brian Wilson input.  Sorry, but look at the old Denny quotes.  The influence was always there, some albums have done it quite well (Sunflower - with lots of Brian input, but still, Carl and Desper did the mix) and including Dennis's, and then there were a few I won't even mention on the opposite end of the spectrum - those who had no clue or didn't care - unlistenable.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:30:39 AM by Debbie Keil-Leavitt » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 11:07:15 AM »

There are no BB albums, including Dennis's without Brian Wilson input.  Sorry, but look at the old Denny quotes.  The influence was always there, some albums have done it quite well (Sunflower - with lots of Brian input, but still, Carl and Desper did the mix) and including Dennis's, and then there were a few I won't even mention on the opposite end of the spectrum - those who had no clue or didn't care - unlistenable.

All these responses so far have been so weird!
When I think of BBs related albums, I think of those by other artists. Gary Usher stuff, Sagittarius, The Millenium, Curt Boettcher, Chris Rainbow, and others for which I draw a blank at the moment. Certainly NOT actual BBs Albums as those would seem to be universally excluded

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »

When I think of BBs related albums, I think of those by other artists. Gary Usher stuff, Sagittarius, The Millenium, Curt Boettcher, Chris Rainbow, and others for which I draw a blank at the moment. Certainly NOT actual BBs Albums as those would seem to be universally excluded

Yeah, maybe it's the header.  It's a bit confusing.  I thought they meant releases under the BB name without much Brian input or those released by individual BBs other than Brian.  Otherwise, what would we be talking about?  Are we talking about Brian Wilson influence?  Where on earth would a person begin or end?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 11:53:51 AM »

Very little direct input from Brian on Holland, CATP and LA. No input from Brian? SIP.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 11:56:59 AM »

Substitute "participation" for "input".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

In that case, The Millennium - Begin, hands down.
Rocket
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »

Before we can answer this question, we have to know which albums exactly did Brian have the primary control in? And when I mean primary, I mean all him and Beach Boys vocals. I wouldn't count Today or SD(ASN) because those have the band playing their instruments still. Reason why I think that should be the criteria is because I don't believe there are any BB albums with no input from Brian.

Obviously Pet Sounds, Smile, and Love You count. It seems like Smiley and Friends may, but  I have no idea. Wild Honey seems more like a band effort to me
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx