gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:21:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Pier Pressure - Behind The Scenes videos  (Read 4922 times)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2015, 05:36:26 PM »

Full video (?)
https://youtu.be/QPHPYULAS1k

----

Part 1:
https://youtu.be/CgFF3n6xpM8

Part 2:
N/A

Part 3:
N/A

Part 4:
https://youtu.be/nUPBjsFukuU

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:08:05 AM by STE » Logged
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »

The part with Al at the end is really cool.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 06:56:38 PM »

"Fifty damn years..."   Cool

Very cool.  I look forward to Part 2.
Cristian Kiper
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:49:45 PM »

It's cool when he's playing Sail Away at the piano, too bad the sound is so buried under the interview. Very nice video, I wonder if we'll get a DVD out of this.

What are the lyrics in that sheet of paper Al is holding? I can make out something like "Let's see what she can do", "Take her by the hand" and "Catch her if something something"... I still haven't heard the full album, but I know those lyrics aren't from The Right Time. However he's wearing the same clothes on both shots, so I guess he sang more than one song on the same day.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:25:47 PM by Cristian Kiper » Logged
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 09:40:43 PM »

I thought that was the pier, and I will happily go there next week to listen to the album with that real view. Or is that idiotic?

Is that young lady his adopted daughter?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 10:56:25 PM »

I went to the Santa Monica pier when I was 5 years old.  Only thing I remember is it was really cold that day... and of course we went in and saw the Carousel but it was closed. 

Interestingly, if you google it, there's a scavenger hunt there, called "The Santa Monica Pier Pressure Scavenger Hunt" that apparently has been going on for quite awhile. 
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 11:26:49 PM »

Yes, Ron, I checked that out; it involves discovering places of historical significance in film and cultural history. I wish it were just a list of places to go rather than a game. going to places featured in film history is exciting. Just being in LA makes me feel close to the BB all the time. I wept--did you?--when I ate at Foster's Freeze, overcome by the weight of BB lore.

I went to the Santa Monica pier when I was 5 years old.  Only thing I remember is it was really cold that day... and of course we went in and saw the Carousel but it was closed. 

Interestingly, if you google it, there's a scavenger hunt there, called "The Santa Monica Pier Pressure Scavenger Hunt" that apparently has been going on for quite awhile. 
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 11:32:44 PM »

I thought that was the pier, and I will happily go there next week to listen to the album with that real view. Or is that idiotic?

She is his daughter, yes.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 05:44:40 AM »

Who came up with the album title then? Father says daughter did. Daughter says father did.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 07:43:28 AM »

Yes, Ron, I checked that out; it involves discovering places of historical significance in film and cultural history. I wish it were just a list of places to go rather than a game. going to places featured in film history is exciting. Just being in LA makes me feel close to the BB all the time. I wept--did you?--when I ate at Foster's Freeze, overcome by the weight of BB lore.

I was 5 so unless my dad told me I couldn't have the ice cream I probably didn't cry about it.  I do remember being upset that I couldn't go see them at the fairgrounds one fourth of July (our house was close enough we could see the fireworks). 
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 07:53:45 AM »

All this talk of Santa Monica Pier and ice cream make me wonder if this great gelato place around it is still there. MMMMMMMM
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 08:16:54 AM »

She is his daughter, yes.

I thought Daria was great in this - really articulate, beautiful young lady.  There are those of us who get in front of a camera and freeze in horror, so I respect how she handled it.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 03:32:33 AM »

eh...Part 4? Huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUPBjsFukuU

What happened to 2 and 3?
Cristian Kiper
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 08:17:28 AM »

In Part 4, at 2:18... did they blur out Jeff's face?  Undecided
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 11:24:02 AM »

I don't want to give anyone any ideas, but I'd probably pay about $50 for the entire footage of them sitting around the piano singing Sail Away. Brian's falsetto oohs sound great.
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 11:40:34 AM »

In Part 4, at 2:18... did they blur out Jeff's face?  Undecided

They also blur out Maryann Jardine at 2:23.  My guess is they didn't sign disclosure agreements/release forms or something... standard practice, even though it is unfortunate for us as fans.

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 12:10:04 PM »

Thanks for the links!

Look and listen to him while talking about Blondie's voice. That's so cool

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 02:23:12 AM »

More!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPHPYULAS1k
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 04:12:40 AM »

So it's confirmed GYHTBT is about Brian's mid 60's years... Almost about the fall of Smile...

I hoped it would be confirmed, to me that adds a ton since we already know that story and now we can put this song into that context, I love it!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx