gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681340 Posts in 27635 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 04, 2024, 11:09:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The enduring touch of Brian Wilson...  (Read 2072 times)
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2015, 02:57:50 PM »

"Go buy this album. Listen to it. Then listen to it again. Don't expect "Wouldn't It Be Nice" or "California Girls." And don't dismiss it because it sounds like THIS or it sounds like THAT (or because it DOESN'T sound like this or that). Just listen to it. Listen to those songs.

"And if you find yourself humming the songs, singing snatches of the tunes, scribbling lyrics in a notebook when you should be doing other things, if the music has made you feel something you haven't felt before.

"Then the master will have done it again."

http://www.sctimes.com/story/entertainment/music/2015/04/03/new-sounds-show-brian-wilsons-enduring-touch/70853388/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:06:03 PM by Ang Jones » Logged
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 03:47:56 PM »

Ang - This is wonderful isn't it?  I believe the gentleman - luckyoldsmile - who wrote he review talks about it on pg 7 of the Board Member Reviews thread.  I know, I know, I can't keep up with all the threads either and actually sort of/kind of live a life, but I thought you'd like his comments.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 03:54:26 PM »

I feel the same about the album! Smiley

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 04:00:53 PM »

Singing snatches???  I'm in!!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »

The Touch... The Feel...
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 04:02:03 PM »

Singing snatches???  I'm in!!

Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 09:01:32 AM »

Ang - This is wonderful isn't it?  I believe the gentleman - luckyoldsmile - who wrote he review talks about it on pg 7 of the Board Member Reviews thread.  I know, I know, I can't keep up with all the threads either and actually sort of/kind of live a life, but I thought you'd like his comments.

Thanks Debbie. Yes, sorry for missing the reviews section - I'll be sure to check it out!
luckyoldsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 11:57:58 PM »

Ha, I didn't even notice that you'd made this thread.

Thank you so much for posting my piece! Ha!

And thanks for all the kind words ... (and for pointing out the unintended giggler, job).

It's been a heck of a good day for me. Seeing people actually finding my piece without me saying, "Hey, here you go," wow. Smiley Even got contacted by a gentleman in Connecticut who'd like me to appear on his radio program to talk about Brian Wilson, the new album, etc. I'm in Minnesota, and it's like I'm going national! Heh! Wooooo.

Smiley

Anyway, thank you very much!

Chris Shields, luckyoldsmile

Wish you'd help me find the key ...
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 07:14:24 AM »

http://nypost.com/2015/04/04/beach-boys-brian-wilson-makes-new-tunes-with-younger-cast/

From today's New York Post
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 07:28:41 AM »

Thanks for sharing that, Ray.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx