gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681311 Posts in 27633 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 03, 2024, 09:03:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mowing The Yard Twice  (Read 1800 times)
Matt Etherton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2015, 07:06:31 PM »

Anyone else mow their yard twice in the last week due to Brians comment?
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:14:35 PM »

Anyone else mow their yard twice in the last week due to Brians comment?

I will say I'm surprised nobody has mentioned he said basically the same thing in the liner notes to The SMiLE Sessions by The Beach Boys, when referring to how he released his solo version in 2004 and then the Beach Boys version in 2011.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:28:00 PM »

It's not an unusual thing to do. I use to sometimes mow the lawn one way (left to right) laterally on the X axis and then go back and mow it again (up and down) vertically on the Y axis. The resulting pattern on the grass was nice and professional looking and left a clean, close cut. Then I watered the lawn and I went to sleep. 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:13:56 PM »

I can't say it made me mow the lawn. Most of what Brian does makes me smoke the grass.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Matt Bielewicz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 09:02:32 PM »

Great response  LOL
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 09:14:44 PM »

Thanks!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 05:50:16 AM »

I live on a farm, and the mowing the whole lawn takes about 4-5 hours. So there's no way in hell I'm going to mow it twice. But then again, Brian is a genius and I'm not.

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
SteveJ1980
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 06:32:33 AM »

Is this legit?! If so I am doing it over the Easter weekend... Whilst listening to the tracks I can access so far from NPP of course!! Grin
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx