gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:43:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MJ - Rock With You (Cover/Remix Video)  (Read 2088 times)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:52:27 AM »

What's up guys!

Just released a new cover of Michael Jackson's great "Rock With You" which I thought you all might enjoy. The music took 2 days. Shooting the video took 3 hours. Editing the video took an entire week. The things we do for our craft.

Hope u dig it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vbA8Ipu9pA
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »

This is really cool Seltaeb. 'Rock with You' has always been one of my favorite MJ tracks. You really do it justice with this re-imagination which I think could easily work on its own terms in a club setting.

By the way, I really dug that collaboration with some DJ you had some time ago where you sang on top of some vintage Northern Soul-type instrumentals & backing tracks. Any more projects like that underway?

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »

This is really cool Seltaeb. 'Rock with You' has always been one of my favorite MJ tracks. You really do it justice with this re-imagination which I think could easily work on its own terms in a club setting.

By the way, I really dug that collaboration with some DJ you had some time ago where you sang on top of some vintage Northern Soul-type instrumentals & backing tracks. Any more projects like that underway?

Thank you man! It really is an awesome song. Late 70's MJ is the best. I had a lotta fun working on this.

I've got a few projects I am working towards finishing. I've got one that's a pop/rock type thing - lots of acoustic guitars and other live instruments. But that one's not so much vintage as much as sort of my own take on rock music. And another album that's very 80's new wave inspired which I plan to launch first - once I can spend some time & money shooting some legit videos and coming up with a general plan to launch it. I've been tinkering with these two projects for a few years now. In the meantime I'm just having fun making remixes, putting out the occasional song here and there and writing, producing and mixing songs for other artists.

I appreciate you always checking my stuff man. Great work on the new album!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 09:12:47 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:54:29 PM by zatch » Logged
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 06:32:31 PM »

I haven't heard the original version, but your vocals are fantastic as always!

Thanks man! Check it out. Awesome production by Quincy Jones. Song written by Rod Temperton. Really cool chords, arrangement, etc! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nleyNwzWwk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx