gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:28:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another new Brian album?  (Read 5897 times)
Rocket
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2015, 01:21:17 PM »

Brian was just asked question on Twitter (during the Q&A) asking if he'll always make music despite not touring one day, and he replied saying "yea, I plan to do another album this year some time!"

Is Brian just confused or is he truly dropping another new album this year?
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »

Just posted about this in the twitter thread at exactly the same time  LOL
Rocket
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 01:24:48 PM »

Just posted about this in the twitter thread at exactly the same time  LOL

Grin I figured someone would! If Brian is serious here, it's big news! 2 Brian Wilson LPs in one year? I'll take it!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »

Right. He's doing a Rock & Roll album. Hasn't he made that clear?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocket
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 01:31:32 PM »

Right. He's doing a Rock & Roll album. Hasn't he made that clear?

He has, I just didn't expect it to be as soon as this year.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »

We need an all-balls-out Rock & Roll album from Brian.  There's been a lot of talk about it over the years.  Maybe it's time.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Rocket
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 01:35:40 PM »

We need an all-balls-out Rock & Roll album from Brian.  There's been a lot of talk about it over the years.  Maybe it's time.....

Has the talk been an album of rock n roll covers or original tunes in a rock n roll style?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 01:38:27 PM by Rocket » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »

Has the talk been an album of rock n roll covers or original tunes in a rock n roll style?

Original tunes in a Rock and roll cover style

joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 02:47:00 PM »

with "Proud Mary."  Smokin
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 02:50:30 PM »

A Chuck Berry album would be a very fitting project especially after having done the Gershwin album a few years ago.  Celebrating Berry music would be a great addition to his catalog.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 03:18:23 PM »

Instead, he should do a Four Freshmen/Hi-Los album

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »

If this album is successful, maybe it'll let his folks know that they can release a LOT more Brian Wilson music than we're currently getting.  We need an album a year!  Or f*** albums, just release a single every month!

Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 03:22:18 PM »

It's great to hear he wants to do another one. From what's come out from No Pier Pressure, it seems like he's on a roll.

But just because he's going to work on an album this year doesn't mean it will be OUT this year.

Whenever it comes out, I'll look forward to it.
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 03:37:34 PM »

NPP took a long time compared to most album productions, but that's probably because of all the thought and commitment  Brian puts into his albums.

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 04:00:44 PM »

Or f*** albums, just release a single every month!

I think I'm on record for a solid decade thinking along these lines. OK, not one a month (unless he happens to have that many ideas and that much energy), but everyone has long commented how the quality of the release is always proportionate to Brian's engagement. Further, it's often described how quickly he gets sick of things. My dream scenario would be for him to take advantage of our modern era and just write-record-release as the muse dictates. One song, four songs, eight songs, 12 songs. Whatever. If it's done in a day, put it on iTunes that night. Once enough are done, sure, put out physical product for those people who care about that.

Just seems to me that it would be great for him. No "make a great album" pressure, less boredom with the project, more immediate results, potentially a bigger piece of the profits.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 04:25:28 PM »

I've read the gamut since "Your Imagination" was released in 1999.  One of them is a "Spectorish" sounding album, which I kinda like. Another was "Pleasure Island".

Remember "This Could Be The Night"? That was a good cover. I wouldn't mind a couple of those like that on his album. The fast version of "Meet Me In My Dreams Tonight" comes to mind.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »

We need a Bootleg Box. As many of Brian's home demos as possible.

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 10:13:40 PM »

Or f*** albums, just release a single every month!

I think I'm on record for a solid decade thinking along these lines. OK, not one a month (unless he happens to have that many ideas and that much energy), but everyone has long commented how the quality of the release is always proportionate to Brian's engagement. Further, it's often described how quickly he gets sick of things. My dream scenario would be for him to take advantage of our modern era and just write-record-release as the muse dictates. One song, four songs, eight songs, 12 songs. Whatever. If it's done in a day, put it on iTunes that night. Once enough are done, sure, put out physical product for those people who care about that.

Just seems to me that it would be great for him. No "make a great album" pressure, less boredom with the project, more immediate results, potentially a bigger piece of the profits.

yup!  Way back in the day, artists used to do that, they'd release singles and then when they had enough singles they'd put them together on an album... now it's the other way around.  I'm positive there's good reasons why things are that way, but a legacy artist like Brian can do sh*t however he wants to do it... and you'd think that some of these record labels would want to experiment with ideas like this to see if it's financially viable. 

I think what it comes down to, though, is that almost all radio airplay is purchased anymore so the whole idea that he releases a song, people start playing it on the radio and it gets big just doesn't work that way anymore... so you'd be in a situation where the record label wouldn't be willing to pay to promote a different single with nothing 'bigger' behind it like a potential album purchase.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »

It still saddens me that Brian didn't sign up with an indie label in the mid-90s, back when Sub Pop was issuing promo singles for the PS box and he was at the height of his hipster cred. He could have issued however many albums he wanted, collaborating with anybody, doing whatever he liked.

I'm reasonably sure the option was presented to him. But he just chose not to.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 11:46:00 PM »

It still saddens me that Brian didn't sign up with an indie label in the mid-90s, back when Sub Pop was issuing promo singles for the PS box and he was at the height of his hipster cred. He could have issued however many albums he wanted, collaborating with anybody, doing whatever he liked.

At the very least some of the Paley stuff could've come out at the time.
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 04:47:14 AM »

At the very least some of the Paley stuff could've come out at the time.

I'm still praying they get an official release.

PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 04:48:33 AM »

Just had this nightmarish vision of Joe Thomas being in charge of overseeing Brian's archive releases when he's no longer around himself.
debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 04:49:44 AM »

Just had this nightmarish vision of Joe Thomas being in charge of overseeing Brian's archive releases when he's no longer around himself.

Glitter EVERYWHERE!

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 05:39:31 AM »

Brian was just asked question on Twitter (during the Q&A) asking if he'll always make music despite not touring one day, and he replied saying "yea, I plan to do another album this year some time!"

Is Brian just confused or is he truly dropping another new album this year?

You can't really take anything BW says at face value.  I mean when was the last time this guy gave an engaging interview?  Half the time he doesn't seem to know what's going on.  That's why I don't have much interest in these "Internet chat" sessions with him.  It's great that he agrees to reach out to his fans, but I don't think he's putting a lot of thought or substance to any answers he gives.  Although his response over the "banged mom" question was great, if he indeed came up with that response.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 07:35:27 AM »

How could he NOT have came up with that response?   You think that was his publicists idea, or even Melinda's idea?
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx