gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:45:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ‍  (Read 2760 times)
zachrwolfe
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:59:33 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:55:13 PM by zatch » Logged
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:59:13 AM »

Really nice cover, Zach. Cover Pet Sounds by the time you are 24. Smiley

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:55:10 PM by zatch » Logged
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 02:32:47 PM »

Great job dude! Good to see you're putting out videos. Fun process, right? Keep it up man!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:41:47 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:54:47 PM by zatch » Logged
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 09:48:27 AM »

Zach,  To add to my comments I left at youtube, I did go check your soundclould.  Most of those are done with other folks, and while some of them are very good, there's only one Beach Boys number as good as this - "All This is That."  This is right up there with your Eagles' cover, "One of These Nights" where everything just seems to fall in place, and perfect for your voice.  Instrumentally, at least until you get even better, you could use help with drums and bass.  The drums on "Don't Worry Baby" are nothin' much, but I've noticed it on other tracks.  Bass is hard to master to get the sound I like.  I like busy bass players like McCartney, Jack Casady, Entwistle, even Chris Hillman- who's first instrument isn't bass.  I always thought Todd Rundgren did better when he let someone else play bass and drums, so you're in good company trying to do everything yourself.

Your real strengths are vocals and guitar and piano.  That's you on a real piano?  I love some of your instrumentals, one of which you wrote, that are piano driven.  What I have a hard time telling is when you and others, are using computer samples.  Is that the right way to say that?  The horns and strings are computer generated, right?

Also wanted to add my vote for all the videos we are now seeing from you and some of our other smilers.  I helps to see what you are playing.  I could be wrong about the horns you used on one of the videos.  You seem to be playing the horns.

I visit Smilers Who Make Music section often, but don't comment as much as I'd like to.  I see growth in many.  Looking back at the two years you've been seeding your soundcloud, it's amazing how much better you have become.  I still can't believe you are just a teenager.

Keep it going.  And do think about doing another Four Freshmen number.  Good luck with SMiLE.

edit:  Can't believe I spelled Jack's name wrong.  fixed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 06:16:18 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »

That is excellent, sir. Best BB cover I've heard to date.

I must check out more Smiley Smilers Who Make Music, if this is the standard.   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 11:48:10 AM »

That is excellent, sir. Best BB cover I've heard to date.

I must check out more Smiley Smilers Who Make Music, if this is the standard.  

Then you should listen to Rab2591's Meant For You cover. It features Woodstock on trumpet and me on clarinet: https://soundcloud.com/robert-borszich/meant-for-you-the-beach-boys

It's wilder than the wild word story. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:49:28 AM by Hamstring Hero » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 12:06:06 PM »

Zach, that's really good, man!  Smiley

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 12:16:39 PM »

Then you should listen to Rab2591's Meant For You cover. It features Woodstock on trumpet and me on clarinet: https://soundcloud.com/robert-borszich/meant-for-you-the-beach-boys

It's wilder than the wild word story. Smiley

Wow. I really have been missing out. That's beautiful, guys. :=) 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
zachrwolfe
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2015, 04:50:18 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:49:57 PM by zatch » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:49:53 PM by zatch » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: