gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680720 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 06:36:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead - Love and Mercy  (Read 6296 times)
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 02:27:31 PM »

here's this dudes latest quote

"Funny these assholes can play a song I can't even find on the internet. I don't mean this version, I mean the one with the female covering this song that sounds much better."

does this NOT sound like he/she's saying that Brian is an a-hole for playing a song that he/she can't find on the internet? or am I misreading this..

Nah man, he's saying the assholes (characters) are playing a song that isn't on the internet. He's not calling out Brian. I see where your coming from, but I think you're misreading it a tad.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 02:28:58 PM »

okay... this individual should be more specific as to who these "assholes" are  LOL
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »

I took off all my responses because I obviously misunderstood what the person was saying and I don't want to get into an argument over some silly misunderstanding... Grin but still I will stick up for Brian if I feel like he needs it..which in this case I may have been wrong... lol
SinisterSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »

I took off all my responses because I obviously misunderstood what the person was saying and I don't want to get into an argument over some silly misunderstanding... Grin but still I will stick up for Brian if I feel like he needs it..which in this case I may have been wrong... lol

Good man!  Grin
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »

Good man!  Grin
Thank you  Grin
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 03:24:46 PM »

No no no.  He's saying it's in the future, in the zombie apocolypse, and they're playing a song to lure the Zombies into the trailer.  However, the song they're playing is available anywhere right now, so how did they find it to play it in the trailer?

The whole thing's a stupid argument, let them be ignorant hopefully it'll bring some new ears to Brian's music.

Edit: DOH! I was ignorant myself because I didn't see the second page of comments Smiley
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »

C'mon, that "a**holes" dude is awesome. It's almost performance art in terms of irony. "Who are these mother***king a**holes who won't just make it easier for me to track down this g**damn f***in' song about Love and Mercy?"

To say nothing of the fact that, as of a few hours ago, when you Google "Love and Mercy", the top hit (above the original song OR the movie) is an article about the Walking Dead inclusion of the song, an article in which it is explicitly stated that they commissioned the song especially for the show and that it will be available to purchase at some point.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 07:46:04 PM »

Here's a clip of the scene w/Love & Mercy:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9QNR_HfBbE
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 07:56:02 PM »

Nice thank you,,,,,
pudge104
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 07:03:22 AM »

Gazelle Twin's version is now on iTunes and Spotify...
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2015, 07:17:38 AM »

Spooky Brian Wilson covers in genre tv dept:

Hey, did anyone catch the season 3 opener for ORPHAN BLACK over the weekend? It kicked off with a nice eastern european-ish cover of "Wouldn't It Be Nice" as a prelude to the scorpion fun!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2015, 08:40:48 AM »

I canīt find. Got link?
pudge104
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2015, 11:29:21 AM »

I canīt find. Got link?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-mercy-from-walking-dead/id984075046

https://play.spotify.com/album/0YVxBwDOuHO3p1zoBA2uXc
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2015, 02:08:54 AM »

oh, i fucking luv this. Something real majestic about these gothic, lo-fi, slow burn female cover songs used in a horror context. Rob Zombie may have started this trend w/ his 2 Halloween films, which featured covers of 'Love Hurts' & 'Mr. Sandman' by Nan Vernon.

I like how Gazelle Twin's 'Love & Mercy' is faithful to Brian's 1988 version. Hell, Brian's original version isn't actually all that different.  Kinda caries that same, idk, melodramatic & somewhat sparse vibe. Whatwith the synths, big drums, & distorted "ahhh" backings vocals.

MP3 can be bought here for those w/out itunes https://us.7digital.com/artist/gazelle-twin/release/love-and-mercy-from-the-walking-dead/

Oh, you know what this reminds me of? those covers of Stevie and Rainbow Eyes on Caroline Now!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:48:58 AM by Bittersweet-Sanity » Logged

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2015, 02:11:03 AM »

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx