gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:13:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brianfest announced on CBS Sunday Morning  (Read 1988 times)
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:28:50 AM »

CBS Sunday Morning just gave a very nice promo for Brianfest on its Calendar of next week-s up-coming events.  They gave it a decent amount of time and a nice description of the event.  It honored Brian nicely.  Cool.

MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:38:50 AM »

Hi all,

Is there a link to this somewhere?
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 07:51:45 AM »

Hi all,

Is there a link to this somewhere?

This is the link to the show. 
http://www.cbsnews.com/sunday-morning/
You seem to be able to listen to the different segments of today's show on this page.  The calendar for the up-coming week is announced near the end of the show (last 10 min, I think), so if you can get the whole show, you can probably see it.
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:09:13 AM »

Glad to hear. But man, it saddens me to think these all could be Beach Boys fests and events and appearances. Well, bygones.

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 08:28:50 AM »

Hi all,

Thank you for posting the link.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 11:34:59 AM »

CBS Sunday Morning just gave a very nice promo for Brianfest on its Calendar of next week-s up-coming events.  They gave it a decent amount of time and a nice description of the event.  It honored Brian nicely.  Cool.

I saw it this morning, as well. Very cool. Even without Brian Fest, CBS Sunday Morning is classy, quality TV show, week in and week out.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:09:17 PM »

Caught that on the show and was slightly amused to see them focus on Dennis when they showed a pic of the BBs during the story.

Direct link to the story:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1J1fSjA2umU

We're regular viewers. I wish CBS Sunday AM would start posting their nature moments online again.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 12:14:30 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Debbie Keil-Leavitt
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »

Caught that on the show and was slightly amused to see them focus on Dennis when they showed a pic of the BBs during the story.

Yeah, as far as the focus on Denny in the one clip - he was front and center in that BB group photo and the frame was narrow, so...

Direct link to the story:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1J1fSjA2umU

We're regular viewers. I wish CBS Sunday AM would start posting their nature moments online again.

Thanks so much for posting that.  I believe when CBS Sunday Morning started, it was when the news department at CBS was really the showpiece of the network, so they asked the head of the department what he would like most to do, and the result was this show.  They've stayed pretty true to the high quality segments and the focus on the arts and culture.  It's been like this for decades and I keep discovering people who have watched it loyally for about that long.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »

Thanks so much for posting that.  I believe when CBS Sunday Morning started, it was when the news department at CBS was really the showpiece of the network, so they asked the head of the department what he would like most to do, and the result was this show.  They've stayed pretty true to the high quality segments and the focus on the arts and culture.  It's been like this for decades and I keep discovering people who have watched it loyally for about that long.

This drove me crazy last night, Debbie, not being able to remember the title of the show that predated Sunday Morning...  (It hadn't been that many years since I'd had a long discussion with a fellow who directed many of their episodes).  Exactly as I knew would happen, I woke up with the name this morning - it was called CAMERA THREE  http://www.emmytvlegends.org/interviews/shows/camera-three

This director was amazed at how well I had recalled the show, (again, this was a few years ago), however, the show exposed me to so many great facets of the arts I might never have known of otherwise.  Heck, I saw my first Broadway play, "The Roar of the Greasepaint" because of this show!  This director told me that the series was the darling of CBS founder William S. Paley, and that was the reason that it had lasted for so long.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx