gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:02:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guess we know where us US members are buying our copies of NO PIER PRESSURE  (Read 26262 times)
KDS
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2015, 05:38:46 AM »

Just out of curiosity, I checked my Wal Mart last night while I was doing my normal shopping.

They had one copy of the standard 13 track version for $10. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:40:25 AM by KDS » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2015, 03:41:00 PM »

Well.

Now.

'Bout this time last month I ordered the Deluxe version, listed as having 18 tracks from Amazon UK.

But.

What turned up has 16 tracks.

However.

The exact same version I ordered is now listed without the "Deluxe" tag, with 18 tracks and about £5 cheaper..

W. T. A. F. ?

Amazon UK's NPP seem all over the place. I placed my deluxe version order back in November but cancelled this week when it failed to ship. Then noticed, as you say, that it had dropped a fiver in price after the supposed release date. Reordered, to find that it had also dropped five tracks in that short period of time. Like others, I have the Japanese disc en route anyway… and a "deluxe" from Wowhd.com though I suspect the latter will be shy of a couple of tracks.

Nothing's straightforward any more…

“We live in divisive times.”
Watch a Cave
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2015, 05:31:34 PM »

I just picked up NPP from Target now.. Yahoo!  I  needed help to find it, but  they finally located it.

I went straight to track 17 in the car!
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2015, 05:36:41 PM »

Just wondering: Is there anything 'exclusive' about the version of "Love and Mercy" found on the Target disks?  New version?  Demo?  New mix?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2015, 06:30:58 PM »

"Love and Mercy" is the Katrina charity single version from 2005 but without the "Walking Down the Path of Life" intro.

http://www.discogs.com/Brian-Wilson-Walking-Down-The-Path-Of-Life-Love-Mercy/release/4231707

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2015, 11:03:31 AM »

"Love and Mercy" is the Katrina charity single version from 2005 but without the "Walking Down the Path of Life" intro.

http://www.discogs.com/Brian-Wilson-Walking-Down-The-Path-Of-Life-Love-Mercy/release/4231707
Ah, excellent!  Thank you so much for replying!

I've heard this version of the song on YT, and it's definitely my preferred, go-to version of "Love and Mercy."  I think it's just flat-out gorgeous, and really the only thing I didn't completely adore so much about it was the "Walking Down the Path of Life" intro (it's nice, I just liked L&M better all on its own), so this would have been perfect for me.

It makes me wish I had waited and picked up the Target edition, but I don't have a Target store near me and I wanted to hear the album so bad that I went and picked up a copy at my local independent record store instead of ordering the exclusive edition online and waiting for it to be delivered.

Unfortunately, between that record store purchase and the forty bucks I spent for the autographed blu ray of Brian's Sound Stage show, my entertainment budget is all tapped-out.

At least it's good to know that this terrific version of "Love and mercy" is getting a wider release.  More folks will be able to hear this Brian Wilson classic. Smiley
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »

Well.

Now.

'Bout this time last month I ordered the Deluxe version, listed as having 18 tracks from Amazon UK.

But.

What turned up has 16 tracks.

However.

The exact same version I ordered is now listed without the "Deluxe" tag, with 18 tracks and about £5 cheaper..

W. T. A. F. ?

Amazon UK's NPP seem all over the place. I placed my deluxe version order back in November but cancelled this week when it failed to ship. Then noticed, as you say, that it had dropped a fiver in price after the supposed release date. Reordered, to find that it had also dropped five tracks in that short period of time. Like others, I have the Japanese disc en route anyway… and a "deluxe" from Wowhd.com though I suspect the latter will be shy of a couple of tracks.

Nothing's straightforward any more…

Well. my Amazon deluxe turned up and it was the deluxe version with In the Back of My Mind after all!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx